Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce and Denise Morcombe from The Daniel Morcombe Foundation visited Hills College in May to deliver their message of Child Safety – to “Recognise, React, and Report"

”
attachment.php

http://www.hills.qld.edu.au/index.php/hills-college/news-items/118-morcombe-visit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 134
Fairly sure I remember reading that the alert was released Thursday 5th around 11am

I wonder if thats the difference between two reports of her found floating by fishermen and police say found on riverbank. Fishermen may have not had phones, etc - tried taking her to riverbank. By time they got her to shore, then to car to phone police and travel time for police to arrive hours elapsed? Just a thought....?

Obviously the family didn't follow the "Hills Laws"

Live with compassion
Act with compassion
Work with diligence
Strive for success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the damn nuisance about hiding the body of the person you murdered in a river.. you just cant trust those rivers to be predictable..... rivers drop and rise, overflow, dry up... .. here you are , sweating away in the dark, heaving a body hither and yon, clambering over mangrove and fern, weeds and tree stumps, slipping into mudholes and bandicoot shelters, things slithering and sliding away.....

and then you cant go back.. you have to trust the river!.. every day.. hoping, believing, hoping.... . ..

On that deathspace forum someone did mention they thought she was Murri. Seemed to be shared around most of the Indigenous networks as well.

I've heard it been said but can't find any info or links to this. I'm on some koori sites myself but still can't see posts.

It's tragic that Tiah isn't just Tiah, a missing 12 y.o - high alert. It's shameful that her race is (unfortunately most likely) a part of the reason her disappearance wasn't taken as seriously, besides the red tape issues.

An aboriginal boy went missing round the same time, emoitions were up.

Although I'd like to know if she was Murri or not does it matter? It does. Her heritage is important here.

We shouldn't be treated differently but we are and still we must fight:

Black Lives Matter.

Has anyone seen stats on how many indigenous kids are in care? It's a sad eye opener resources aren't given to keep families together.

That's the damn nuisance about hiding the body of the person you murdered in a river.. you just cant trust those rivers to be predictable..... rivers drop and rise, overflow, dry up... .. here you are , sweating away in the dark, heaving a body hither and yon, clambering over mangrove and fern, weeds and tree stumps, slipping into mudholes and bandicoot shelters, things slithering and sliding away..

and then you cant go back.. you have to trust the river!.. every day.. hoping, believing, hoping.... . ..

Famous for fishing so lots of access to bank. Although off foad clambering could be a plausible. Wonder if they tried to weigh her down? Do thd Thorburns have boats?

Don't forget to leave her semi-clothed to make it look like the wayward run-away met with foul play.
Take her a long long way from home....daaarl.

Our cops are tops.

I hate the fact that money probably plays a part in keeping the voice of a victim alive but when soooooo many kids go missing its is the ones who have particularly sad or wild backstories that generally get pushed forward. There was also that pregnant 14yr old girl from this area (I think) that was prostituting herself and was picked up by a sicko and now is also missing. Despite mum and sis doing quite a big media push her case is media shelved as well.

I've heard it been said but can't find any info or links to this. I'm on some koori sites myself but still can't see posts.

It's tragic that Tiah isn't just Tiah, a missing 12 y.o - high alert. It's shameful that her race is (unfortunately most likely) a part of the reason her disappearance wasn't taken as seriously, besides the red tape issues.

Although I'd like to know if she was Murri or not does it matter? It does. Her heritage is important here.

Black Lives Matter.

Has anyone seen stats on how many indigenous kids are in care? It's a sad eye opener resources aren't given to keep families together.

I hate the fact that money probably plays a part in keeping the voice of a victim alive but when soooooo many kids go missing its is the ones who have particularly sad or wild backstories that generally get pushed forward. There was also that pregnant 14yr old girl from this area (I think) that was prostituting herself and was picked up by a sicko and now is also missing. Despite mum and sis doing quite a big media push her case is media shelved as well.

You got a link for us, Liadan?

Doesn't sound good....

Yes, sadly she was "dismissed " quite quickly. A couple of pics of her and the killer and then gone.
I imagine Tiahleigh may have ended up the same way if the mother hadnt pushed and stepped on some toes

Cindy has been amazing. She could sit around posting sexy selfies but she's out there fighting.
I think people tear her down so that they can feel good about themselves, especially other mothers. You see it all the time mothers tearing each other apart trying to feel superior.
Cindy has made mistakes but she owns it... and I respect that.
I do think she was underestimated.

i've heard it been said but can't find any info or links to this. I'm on some koori sites myself but still can't see posts.

It's tragic that tiah isn't just tiah, a missing 12 y.o - high alert. It's shameful that her race is (unfortunately most likely) a part of the reason her disappearance wasn't taken as seriously, besides the red tape issues.

Although i'd like to know if she was murri or not does it matter? It does. Her heritage is important here.

Black lives matter.

(hug)

I would like to see the case worker/workers, who were so flippant about Tiahleigh , face the public and explain themselves. They owe it to Tiahleigh, her family and all children and families connected to the foster system. How can these foster children feel safe without clear indication that the department trash hasn't been cleared out.

I don't believe for a minute this 12 year old girl threatened to kill a dog because she was determined to have sex with an adult. It says nothing about her character - but it says volumes about how far that predator family are prepared to go to blame her for their own actions.

Even if you believe that a tiny 12 year old girl could threaten an adult male in that way, how many men would just say "Well ok I have to have sex with you then," and then be physically capable of having sex... rather than telling her she was crazy and taking the beloved dog to safety. And then contacting child services and saying "We need this girl to leave, we have animals and she's making threats."
Those people will say anything to justify their actions. And they aren't the first murderers to repeat conversations and manipulate the view of a relationship in order to sully the victim. Remember a murder victim can't contradict or clarify anything the murderer says.

Exactly. It's horrible to think that some people out there might be naive enough to believe such an absurd excuse for raping a child.

CS you and I were thinking the same thing that weekend! And when they posted that she didn't show up at school, I knew something was very wrong with this situation. I think the biggest "Ohhh no" moment was when they released the footage of Tiah in class, walking around just doing her school work. She looked so much older for her age, it reminded me of my daughter (who also looks and displays a maturity beyond her years), and the attention she attracts from older male's.
That video made my heart ache. Watching this precious young girl going along her day to day activities, carrying the burden of these awful secrets of what has happened to her. A girl described as "feisty" by her ex foster family and painted as fearless by her best friend, but still a vulnerable 12 year old girl who had already gone through so much in her short life. A video taken days after we are now almost certain she was raped. Days before her murder. The tears are flowing for Tia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member