Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of lawyers, I would think this family would need 4 individual lawyers..not 1 to cover them as a unit, because their charges are individual. ... Trent cant have the same lawyer as Josh, for example, Julene cant have the same lawyer as Josh, that would be conflict. . Their stories will be conflicted. Rick must have his own dedicated lawyer..... . that's a lot of money, a very great deal of money.. on an hourly basis....

The police will only get him to speak if he says so, they can speak to him anytime he might have a lawyer who has told him not answer any questions... ... even then the police can sit him down, and ask him questions until he cries with boredom saying no comment, if they want to.. it seems Julene had a lawyer lined up before anyone was arrested, but I don't know who that lawyer was for, could have been anyone of the 4 of them....

they can do the same to Trent, if they want to... .. I think one can be questioned for up to 8 hours per day.

Once again Trooper I am looking for that multi-thanks button. Seems I am always way behind but I do take (sad) comfort in our similar thoughts, thank you so much for your awesome input.

Police believe that Tiah was smothered. Could she have been smothered in her sleep? If she was sleeping that could explain why she was partially clothed.
Sometimes I wonder if RT really did kill her to protect TT. He risked losing his fostering income stream.

His son was at risk of going to jail, being bashed and forever marked as a pedophile/sex offender. There goes another income stream (child care) and any other dealings with children if TT continues to live with them.

It may have seemed like the easiest solution to gey rid of Tiah and blame it on her running away.

I haven't worked in a place like DOCS but I've worked in a department dealing with young offenders. It had case workers and psychologists.
All I've ever heard about DOCS is that it's a horrible, stressful place to work with a high turnover of workers. I can imagine how awful it would be having responsibility for children's lives and not enough resources to do the job properly. It's probably the good ones who resign.

For sure I have heard similarly Ang. Good & very well meaning people, reduced to breaking point. This Gov needs to get off their well cushioned asses, get over protecting their own positions, and get to actually serving the stuff that really matters (IMO)

With the utmost respect for your comments, my first thoughts are 'who cares'? Nothing matters aside from the the fact that here was a child who was deserved of genuine care ...

Unfortunately it's not that simple.

I wish it was as transparent as a child - any child needing care, needing protection.

Although not in foster care the case of Beaumont children highlights disparagies between a white child going missing and a black child. Gone "walkabout" was the term used to normalise the situation.

I understand it shouldn't matter but it does, indigenous and racially diverse kids aren't given the same status in life, death or emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dillinger View Post
IMO the name calling re TT's hair, TT's personal appearance, his selfies etc and TT being a dancer is just childish and pathetic. When name calling like this occurs, IMO you are not just calling TT these names, you are calling these names to any young adult male that styles his hair, takes pride in his appearance, and any young male that is a dancer would be effected by these names being called. If any of you know or get out and have a look at the real world, you will see many young adult males style their hair, take selfies, take pride in their appearance and some young males are even dancers. It's just my opinion and for one don't see why a serious thread like this needs name calling for the sake of entertaining oneself and the other members.

I think it's more to do with our (or mine at least) level of disbelief in showcasing the cool collected pretence in the publicly accesible photos taken, almost promoted AFTER the incestual rape and murder of a child, not to mention the calculated cover up. That's what's really childish and pathetic. And scary. The curated image of not just one but four, as a unit - the facade of the normalacy, right on down to the self care rituals of hair care, work outs. No remorse seemed to halt these habits or give cause to tone down the showcasing. Perhaps the general populous does take a multitude of selfies, sure. Dancing - absoluely no problem with that, in fact I celebrate male dancers but when they're discovered to be conniving, murdering paedophiles with children then I get my fangs out. No amount of hair gel can serve as a sheild to the wrath of Tiahleighs supporters.

Cousin of TT sat on this information until last month? So did the cousin come forth or will they be charged with withholding information? Rather disturbing, seems the wider family is in on this whole charde, too.
Thorburns POI yet still allowed to run Family Daycare?
Internet usage scrutinised in initial stages?
Interested to hear if and how mobile reception pings played a part.

From the Guardian: On Thursday police said in a statement the Facebook message was not uncovered until last month, even though the family’s internet use had been scrutinised when Tialeigh disappeared last October.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...her-tialeigh-palmer-transferred-hospital-jail

From Welfare Family Day Cares page:

" We provide

Full-time care
Part-time care, including before and after-school care
Evening, overnight and weekend care
School vacation care
Care for extended hours
Child care to accommodate your shift work
Emergency care

Welfare Family Day Care Scheme is currently looking for Educators in the following areas:

Queensland – Logan, Ipswich, Gold Coast and Toowoomba. ...."

The Thorburns read between the lines and see 24/7 access to minors "... from 6 weeeks old, right up to school age and beyond.."

Although POI they had green light go to extended hours daycare operation.

"Police yesterday detailed when they had possession of the alleged piece of critical evidence, amid questions over the Thorburns running a government-approved child*care facility at their home for almost six months after Tiahleigh’s killing. Queensland Child Safety Minister Shannon Fentiman said this week that the day*care business, south of Brisbane, was only forced to shut down in April after the government was told of “alleged criminal activity’’.

It can be revealed that the family had been under investigation since Tiahleigh’s murder, which alleged*ly occurred on October 29.

But the Department of Education — which was the regulator of the Thorburn childcare business — was only told by police that the family was subject of investigation in April. “As soon as the alleg*ation was received, the approved provider — Welfare Family Day Care — suspended Mrs Thorburn as an educator,’’ the Education Department said in a statement."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...m/news-story/4c664b85f6bd92ae7048af2c2b61800a

Don't worry. They've got a Blue Card.

Er... um....

Questions are been raised, how will they be answered? No doubt much finger pointing until Cyndi and Tiahs siblings, Aunt and Grandmother recieve an official apology. I'm furious the police allegedly knew more yet aklowed Thorburns to continue working with children. http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s/news-story/ec984fdb26846a02ba4e965d8f709163

Interesting. That article revolves around something we were pondering earlier...

RT was always a POI (I was SURE I'd read that before) yet state departments were not warned until April when he was investigated over the alleged daycare incidents.

Sorry Possum, I'm not following your question. Would you please expand on your theory .
I'm short on time right now, but the gist is the caseworker was told initially by the foster family that Tia was a habitual liar and runaway. "No cause for alarm". The family painted themselves as perfect, the kid as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dillinger View Post
IMO the name calling re TT's hair, TT's personal appearance, his selfies etc and TT being a dancer is just childish and pathetic. When name calling like this occurs, IMO you are not just calling TT these names, you are calling these names to any young adult male that styles his hair, takes pride in his appearance, and any young male that is a dancer would be effected by these names being called. If any of you know or get out and have a look at the real world, you will see many young adult males style their hair, take selfies, take pride in their appearance and some young males are even dancers. It's just my opinion and for one don't see why a serious thread like this needs name calling for the sake of entertaining oneself and the other members.

I think it's more to do with our (or mine at least) level of disbelief in showcasing the cool collected pretence in the publicly accesible photos taken, almost promoted AFTER the incestual rape and murder of a child, not to mention the calculated cover up. That's what's really childish and pathetic. And scary. The curated image of not just one but four, as a unit - the facade of the normalacy, right on down to the self care rituals of hair care, work outs. No remorse seemed to halt these habits or give cause to tone down the showcasing. Perhaps the general populous does take a multitude of selfies, sure. Dancing - absoluely no problem with that, in fact I celebrate male dancers but when they're discovered to be conniving, murdering paedophiles with children then I get my fangs out. No amount of hair gel can serve as a sheild to the wrath of Tiahleighs supporters.

:goodpost: My sentiments exactly, Halibut.

Am I reading this correctly that RT's court this 26th October is about nine serious charges unrelated to Tiah?
If so this could be very interesting.

Mr Thorburn was due to front a Queensland court on October 26 on nine serious charges unrelated to Tiahleigh’s murder.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...e/news-story/b2b6260d8d2c0dc319cdc665450e0bc1

Yes, some charges relate to sexual abuse of children after Tiah was murdered. The 4 and 11 y.o siblings who attended the F.D.C at the home.

I'm livid. If Thorburns POI from the beginning this could of been prevented. F.D.C not shut down til April.

I hope children weren't used to gain that watertight evidence we keep hearing about.

I mean it's not rocket science to inform F.D.C or Dept.Ed about your POI for murder, to place a stop of future abuse.

Anymore news from the mum who publicly admitted Rick abused her son in care? Or the girl who was in foster care, now an adult?

Or the other children interviewed?

There will be more then 9 charges.

What a huge mess.

Yes, some charges relate to sexual abuse of children after Tiah was murdered. The 4 and 11 y.o siblings who attended the F.D.C at the home.

I'm livid. If Thorburns POI from the beginning this could of been prevented. F.D.C not shut down til April.

I hope children weren't used to gain that watertight evidence we keep hearing about.

I mean it's not rocket science to inform F.D.C or Dept.Ed about your POI for murder, to place a stop of future abuse.

Anymore news from the mum who publicly admitted Rick abused her son in care? Or the girl who was in foster care, now an adult?

Or the other children interviewed?

There will be more then 9 charges.

What a huge mess.

RT was charged in March 2016 for the offenses that happened in mid 2015 they happened before the murder

really, who the hell did Rick Thorburn think he was?.. the Imam of Logan?.. Shiek Rick of Stockleigh?... killing family members for the 'honour' of the family?.. murdering a girl child to preserve the façade of the son?.. 'Honor killing', Au style. It's not as if Trent was a budding vascular surgeon, or a deeply talented global expert, he worked out the back in his Dad's shed, hammering bits of metal. He can call himself a 'metal fabricator' till the moon turns blue, but that facts are, that's what he did. And 5 days a week, I don't think so. So what made him worth preserving more, and Tia less? .

It's the bone deep attitude I despise and despair of. That this actually seems to be played out as a defence!.. A serious attempt at a defence. This was the first cab off the rank in the defence stakes , and so far, it's the only one trotted out, via the police in regard to the whole clan. That Tia could be smothered , stripped of her clothing, (or vice versa, ) dragged out to a car, dumped on a riverbank, pretended to be searched for and concerned about, while Cyndi, her mother is frantic.

Cyndi was dismissed by the Thorburns too, in the cruellest way.. she was used to prop up their image, not find Tia.

And having escaped the certain punishment had Tia told on him, Trent just goes on with his old life!.. no gratitude, no wake up call , no change of attitude, just carry on with the plankin' , the dude hair gel, the tappydancing nonsense, the whizzy instagramming, and banging bits of metal together in his Dad 's shed..

A dishonorable family committing 'honor killing'.. it just doesn't work, Thorburns.

really, who the hell did Rick Thorburn think he was?.. the Imam of Logan?.. Shiek Rick of Stockleigh?... killing family members for the 'honour' of the family?.. murdering a girl child to preserve the façade of the son?.. 'Honor killing', Au style. It's not as if Trent was a budding vascular surgeon, or a deeply talented global expert, he worked out the back in his Dad's shed, hammering bits of metal. He can call himself a 'metal fabricator' till the moon turns blue, but that facts are, that's what he did. And 5 days a week, I don't think so. So what made him worth preserving more, and Tia less? .

It's the bone deep attitude I despise and despair of. That this actually seems to be played out as a defence!.. A serious attempt at a defence. This was the first cab off the rank in the defence stakes , and so far, it's the only one trotted out, via the police in regard to the whole clan. That Tia could be smothered , stripped of her clothing, (or vice versa, ) dragged out to a car, dumped on a riverbank, pretended to be searched for and concerned about, while Cyndi, her mother is frantic.

Cyndi was dismissed by the Thorburns too, in the cruellest way.. she was used to prop up their image, not find Tia.

And having escaped the certain punishment had Tia told on him, Trent just goes on with his old life!.. no gratitude, no wake up call , no change of attitude, just carry on with the plankin' , the dude hair gel, the tappydancing nonsense, the whizzy instagramming, and banging bits of metal together in his Dad 's shed..

A dishonorable family committing 'honor killing'.. it just doesn't work, Thorburns.

Trent was a metal fabrication apprentice at the Old School Garage Trade Link drive Browns Plains

even after, .. after the murder, after life goes back to it's day to day routine, attending memorial dance awards for Tia, months of pretending to be searching for Tia, back to the usual, banging bits of metal together in Dad's shed for Trent, along with hours spent arranging the bits of hair on the head, Julene feeding the horses, running the day care, Dad thinking up 'income streams', Josh.. well what? what was Josh doing all this time... floating around, mowing the lawn, practicing some dance moves, being careful of his acquired work injury, after all this, .keeping the huge , huge secret just between them, what happens?..

Rick is lolling about on the couch one day, and decides it's a good idea to expose his genitals to two little girls from the day care centre . People, I ask you. Words fail me. naturally the little girls scream themselves blue because I doubt if Rick's genitals were ultra interesting.. . dusty, elderly, .... but it is his scary face that creates the horror.

And this Does. Not. Faze. This. Family. At. All. They all go back to doing exactly what they did before, Keeping the Huge Secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz