Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Situational family dynamics plays such a role in these crimes. Something made Tiffany leave home and forced her into the arms of her older boyfriend (pedo), what was she running from or seeking adventure, attention, ... obviously not advocating for her choices coz - yet it seems her mum and sister seem devoted and ready to welcome her back.

Tiahleigh was the apple of her mothers eye, of there is no doubt. Then we have granny putting her 10 cents worth in - she had had a crush on TT and loved the horses. Umm yes probs for the first day when she was being shown around after that her life became sheer hell and begged everyone to let her leave.

Then we have RT & JT who were able to live a lie so convincingly. It was ingeniously deceptive and executed as carefully as a CIA undercover operation. They had no love or regard for the darling girl, she was cash and gave them a standing in the community. It is monstrously evil to have used and played the community - I wish there were more charges for their deceitful and abhorrent behaviour.

from Kidspot article
And Tiahleigh was 12 at the time. As Tiahleigh is dead, police are unable to assert whether or not the girl may have given any sort of ‘consent’, a fact that’s further muddied because Tiah’s grandmother has claimed Tiahleigh had a ‘crush’ on her foster brother.
see here

IMO The Grandmother will be the reason TT will most likely be sentenced to time served + good behavior.

from cases that have preceded this one, I expect a sentence up to and possibly more than 5 years..it would be a radical judge that would set a precedence on a light sentence for incest in this case,. as it endangers every foster child, and actually casts unarguable reasons to halt the foster child system instantly and permanently. If a foster child 's incestuous attacker is given a mere slap on the wrist, the system of foster carers goes right out the window , never to be reinstated.

Perversely, Queensland also has Australia’s toughest laws around incest - prohibiting sexual contact between siblings, parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, nephews or nieces, step-, adoptive, half- and- significantly - foster parents and siblings, which is why an incest charge would have been easier for police to apply in this case.

That Kidspot article was very interesting. I had no idea that the Qld Criminal Code infers that a child 12 or over can give consent. Insane.

What I have gleaned so far about the arrest:
Rick and family barricaded themselves in at the strawberry farm. Firies extracted them and they were handcuffed and removed. Rick and Trent went to the watchouse, whilst Julene and Josh went for further questioning and engaged a lawyer. Rick wouldn't speak and somehow got enough meds to flop about on the floor and get taken to hospital. I understand that those meds could have been provided by someone trying to protect a bigger bunch of ugly from being exposed. Please correct me where I am wrong.

wow! thanks! This is the first I have heard of this? Do you remember the source????

wow! thanks! This is the first I have heard of this? Do you remember the source????

Yes interesting new papers here and radio tv stated two were arrested at a shopping center.

I'm seeing that Tiah's frantic mum Cindy was the one who shook the case until someone listened. It says in this article that because of Cindy's persistence the police had to have a second look at RT who it was declared had NOTHING to do with Tiah's murder.

As I said before....if it wasn't for Cindy they nearly got away with it!

Police ordered Ms Palmer to remove the Facebook post as soon as they were made aware of it but the disgruntled mother continued to flesh out her opinion about the near 11 month police investigation soon after.

“Me too although I already know in my gut what the f ... is going on,” she replied to one comment.

“It’s the way they have to look at the footage it’s ********.”

The Courier-Mail understands the investigation has taken a new focus under the guidance of Detective Superintendent Mark White, who took over the murder investigation in July.

Under new direction, detectives have taken a second look at the foster father’s link to her death after they initially declared he had nothing to do with her murder.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r/news-story/8d8db5022544d53fbc12b80ed7b15e28

Oh my I just realised this is very similar to my hubby's vehicle, ours is a 2014 and was a police highway patrol car.
LOL & I was thinking it's more of a young poser's car like TT would own. Sssshh don't tell hubby I said that. :D

The basic 2009 XR6 is priced at approx $9k-18k on Carsales Qld.
http://www.carsales.com.au/cars/res...al=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel&sortby=TopDeal

Last week, police announced they had seized a blue 2009 Ford Falcon XR6 for forensic examination. Officers today confirmed the car belonged to Tiahleigh’s foster parents.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r/news-story/8d8db5022544d53fbc12b80ed7b15e28

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 22
Also from that link, Cindy said the car was sold "in the days after" Tiah's body was found.

WTF? For some reason I thought it hadn't been sold until much later. Surely that would've rung alarm bells????

Also from that link, Cindy said the car was sold "in the days after" Tiah's body was found.

WTF? For some reason I thought it hadn't been sold until much later. Surely that would've rung alarm bells????

Incredible isn't it Angeline. "they initially declared he had nothing to do with her murder".
I won't underestimate our wonderful boyz in blue tho, hopefully they were keeping their cards close to their chest. It could have been a ploy for the deviants to relax and drop their guard.

It still makes me wonder if there was 'something legal' in place that LE could not view or touch the car while it was in the Thornburn's possession.

Seven news this afternoon: Today is the last day the property will be searched. Police will guard the home till friday.

Incredible isn't it Angeline. "they initially declared he had nothing to do with her murder".
I won't underestimate our wonderful boyz in blue tho, hopefully they were keeping their cards close to their chest. It could have been a ploy for the deviants to relax and drop their guard.

It still makes me wonder if there was 'something legal' in place that LE could not view or touch the car while it was in the Thornburn's possession.

I think you are right there they'll get you. They don't broadcast a lot of what they are doing in an investigation. Same as now we won't hear a lot of the inside info on the case until it goes to trial or they plead.

Yes, I never thought of that TGY. The police often seem to "pretend" that they know nothing.

Not sure about enabling but she certainly has to of been covering for him for a long time. Someone has spilled information to the police as they have stated that RT is of alleged to of killed Tia the night before she went missing in the kitchen of the family home by suffocation.
Are you able to post a link? I haven't seen that

This ridiculous secret squirrel stuff surrounding foster children must stop. I thought it was a 'one off' crazy with William Tyrrell but it's now obvious this is how the system rolls.

Child safety service not told Tiahleigh Palmer's foster father was 'person of interest' for months

Tiahleigh Palmer’s foster father and accused killer Rick Thorburn was permitted to run a daycare business for five months after the schoolgirl’s death despite being a person of interest in the investigation, it has been revealed.

Queensland’s Department of Child Safety and Education were not notified that Thorburn was a person of interest in the case until April 2016, and the 56-year-old held a blue card until then, The Courier Mail reports.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3274494...ment-in-tiahleigh-case-for-five-months/#page1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member