Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/9676ad046414b1fdf09a204a56e73083

A magistrate has ruled that the police affidavit used to oppose TT bail application will remain sealed after a legal bid by the publishers of The Australian and The Courier Mail to have it unsealed. TT lawyer told the court unsealing the affidavit would have the effect of endangering his client's safety.
Article also states that TT has been bashed up to 5 times in the past week while on remand.

'bashed up',,, I'd like a bit more detail.. if it's Trent making the claim, it probably just consists of someone taking his comb, or stealing his mirror, or tweaking his shirt collar. .. 'bashed up 5 times in the past week'.. sounds highly exaggerated to me. ... ... it's not often I am on the side of NewsCorp, but I fervently hope their appeal against this ruling succeeds... ... the police opposition to bail will be, I suspect , a document of real swinishness, I read somewhere ( don't you just hate that, but it was way back ) that he had perjured himself time and time again, time and again he was asked about his sexual activities in regard to Tia, time and again he gave his hair a quiver and trembled his bottom lip and looked the copper in the eye and said no. Also, his knowledge of Tia's death and discarded body, will surely be a part of his charge..

And the police said, that he would be inclined to interfere with witnesses, and I wondered if that meant interfere with the claims, or story of his mother and brother.. I cant think of who else it could be.

'

well.. I suppose the 'Australian ' gets delivered to Arthur Gorrie, ...... the prisoners would want to keep up with the stock market.....sure..

It must be intensely imflammatory , the police opposition to bail thingy, to 'endanger life'... ..

As curious as I am to see the depth of this depravity and would love the bail app to be available - I am really glad its being sealed. Yes the prisoner bashing thing is concerning but more importantly it is that TT gets proper justice.
Does JT and JT lawyers get to see this document or would they already know. Because I am wondering if they would change their story depending on what TT had divulged and therefore need charges upgrades - eg interfering with a corpse - accessory after the fact - because I am sure RT was not the only man that day dumping Tia in the mangrove swamps. I would LOVE to see the timeline of the 4 of them. (mind you JT was probs feeding the horses) :gaah:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/9676ad046414b1fdf09a204a56e73083

A magistrate has ruled that the police affidavit used to oppose TT bail application will remain sealed after a legal bid by the publishers of The Australian and The Courier Mail to have it unsealed. TT lawyer told the court unsealing the affidavit would have the effect of endangering his client's safety.
Article also states that TT has been bashed up to 5 times in the past week while on remand.

Trent is having acres , buckets, of proper justice.. I certainly hope he doesn't actually get bail. That would be perverted and indulgent justice. RIck and Trent should stay on remand until their case goes to trial, no exceptions. ..

If his lawyer doesn't want the details made public, that in itself presupposes Trent's activities as unwholesome and offensive to the general public and provoking to the prison population... ... activities beyond the normality, and it would be odd if bail was granted... either he is a nice kid , and you'd let him walk your dog, and the police are lying for the hell of it, or he is what the police claim he is and will do on their opposition to bail.

considering Tia's friends at school would be around her age group, 12 -ish and now 13-ish , and particularly vulnerable, letting Trent out, in his home environment, free to sashay around talking to these little girls, leaning on these little girls, giving a bit of menace to these little girls, ( and let's not forget Tia's punishment for answering back and threatening to kill his dog. ) . and/or exuding his notorious charm ( if his father is to be believed) I can see how the 'interference' has real substance..

Police believe that Tiah was smothered. Could she have been smothered in her sleep? If she was sleeping that could explain why she was partially clothed.
Sometimes I wonder if RT really did kill her to protect TT. He risked losing his fostering income stream.

His son was at risk of going to jail, being bashed and forever marked as a pedophile/sex offender. There goes another income stream (child care) and any other dealings with children if TT continues to live with them.

It may have seemed like the easiest solution to gey rid of Tiah and blame it on her running away.

I find it strange that in some articles they have used the word slaughtered which is such a horrific term for starters, but not a word I would pick for a smothering either.

I find it strange that in some articles they have used the word slaughtered which is such a horrific term for starters, but not a word I would pick for a smothering either.

And I feel fortunate not to have seen that terminology used in the press with regards to this case.

( and let's not forget Tia's punishment for answering back and threatening to kill his dog. ) . and/or exuding his notorious charm ( if his father is to be believed) I can see how the 'interference' has real substance..

We don't know if she actually did threaten to kill his dog, so I really wish people would stop quoting Tia as saying that. Her being quoted on that reminds me of what another poster said regarding Rick's announcement to Tia on Facebook after she had "run away" - about how this poor girl was essentially being demonized by this vile and twisted family, even in death. What we do know, though, is that Trent Thorburn (along with the other three) is a lying piece of *****.

JT & JT must be watching - that move was pretty swift
I wonder who deleted all the Thorburns' Instagram and Facebook accounts? It seems like it's standard for high profile criminal social media accounts to be deleted. I'm just wondering if it's possible that Julene or Josh or any of their family and friends deleted those accounts on their behalf?

Speaking of high profile, I would have expected Trent to be placed in isolation because of publicized nature of what he did? Is that normal for high profile criminals to be left with the general population in prison?

Up to five times! Surely it is not too difficult to count to 5. So it might have been once, twice. I dont care that the lawyers are worried for his safety in prison. Did he care about Tia's safety.

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Trent may be highly optimistic thinking that being outside will be safer than being inside Arthur Gorrie.. at least the guards there eventually arrive, outside it can take a while longer.. . . .for his best and safest interests,, inside is best, really..

This just makes me worried for what happened to that poor kid that is so much worse than we first thought

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ITA agree with this. Only because i have worked in Institutional care and Community care years ago when i was in that job as a psyche nurse. I worked psychiatric & intellectual disability care. I worked there when institutionalised care was shut down in favor of placing the residents into community housing. Which worked out ok. for some and not ok. for some of our long term residents who had been in institutionalised care for many years and couldn't cope in having to fend for themselves out in the community in their own group homes.
But i think residential care for these children that would be staffed with professional people equipped and trained to deal with abused & neglected children, that in many cases have psychological issues because of their backgrounds. It's obvious what is in place now doesn't work therefore change it, IMO.

on the face of this suggestion, I certainly see & agree with Hetty's call, and i do value your qualified comments
Karinna.

My concern is that presently we can't even manage the correct resources now ( ie numbers, support, skills, genuine & safe careers etc. much has been documented in these pages by many with experience ) so what makes us think that would change in a 'residential home' situation?

Kelly Thompson from Robertson O'Gorman Solicitors

she seems to be well versed in this area, perhaps appointed via Legal Aid . Doesn't he have some injury situation why he doesn't any longer do the transport work ?

Where do the care workers meet the children for catch-ups or conferences? I ask this because if it is a sit down chat at the home where they are staying would the children be inclined not saying what's really on their mind?
If they meet at the school surely it is discrete but would a child feel 'different' being taken away from their friends and away into a room?
Say if the care worker asked if they are comfortable or feeling safe would the child be happy to speak freely? I have a feeling they wouldn't.

What a disheveled life some of these little ones must have, life's hard enough without this not really knowing where they belong.

Before Tiahleigh's death I'm sorry to say I was oblivious to these sweet children's lives.
They need so much caring love from competent adults.

I still think a young foster girl would be better of with a sister than two older brothers.

it could be pro bono, the publicity would be tremendous, but the costs to the firm will be enormous, also.... even a tax write off would be hard put to compensate, . .. .. I just don't think one law firm will represent the entire family, their charges, and I suspect, their defence will be in unresolvable conflict with each other.. different firms , I am almost sure..

😙 Likewise ..

this is a prime example of why I have low tolerance of the ignorant & self serving attitudes of those amongst us who have no idea of reality - no comprehension of what it means to do it tough, to walk the road, to climb the hill, & to then Triumph. I will applaud Cindi wholeheartedly (please be aware I have never met her, but would be proud to do so). I know how difficult it was for me to climb back from the loss of my child a birth - I cannot begin to comprehend the struggle for sanity that Cindi must have gone through to have had to loose the established & loving presence of her daughter.

This vitriol should have no place in our society, and I really do hope Cindi follows the advice of her loved ones .. Cindi, don't even look at that stuff hon. Get rid of any notifications that may bring this stuff in. .. hold your head high and embrace your very special memories with Tialeigh, who is now resting in peace.

Hi everyone.

This is my first time posting on WS. I have been following the case on here and wanted to say thank you for all your insights and comments. Such great sleuthers.

This case has really touched me and I am so appalled by the cruelty of those involved and the circumstances surrounding it. My heart breaks for Tia, for what she went through and her suffering and her unanswered cries for help. Also for her mom and other loved ones. Just horrible.

I am shocked that the Thorburns were able to continue or even open their FDC. Is it known as fact when the events occurred that led to the other charges laid against RT?

I believe with the excavations at their home the police are searching for any evidence also the school uniform, school shoe and backpack. Specific to the uniform, would Tia not have more than one? I hope they find what needd to be found.

I just can't get over the horror of this case and the more it unfolds it seems to get worse.

I am not sure of my sleuthing capabilities as yet but I will continue to follow and do enjoy reading all your posts.

thanks Madoodi, your presence, along with your thoughts and contributions, is most welcomed. I'm just sad our meeting is in such despicable circumstances ..

Tiffany's story is so tragic.
No one made much of a fuss about her because of her social standing and because she was a sex worker.
No one seemed to care that she was a child. Just 16.

This is one more abhorrent situation. .. I don't feel any ' dissemination' with regard to Tiffany. IMO the differences are due to the fact that answers became available, since an arrest was made relatively quickly in this situation. .. one more misfit-depraved-halfwit- outcast... who will use up my hard earned tax contributions to fund his care!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme