Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

It’s a long way for a dog - if the dog had excellent navigation skills still take hours - you would need to run along a highway then th d the right ..

I think this is very odd that the dog was missing there ... did he try to catch dog to take to beach and it took off ? Or was using as an alibi
I see the falls are another place altogether, northwest from Wangetti, whereas Spring Creek at Ellis Beach is southeast. So yes, I can't see the point of saying the dog went missing at the falls if it ran off from Wangetti.

What stood out to me in Toyah's mothers statement, was the lack of mention of the boyfriend and bio father. During the initial 'get to know our family' part, the father wasn't included at all. From what is seen in photo's Toyah seemed to be close to her father.

If the boyfriend reported her missing - why didn't he search with the family? Did he let them know or did Police ring them after he had reported? Was he too busy looking for his own dog instead of Toyah?

So many questions :confused:

Oh I didn’t realise they were there the night before searching for her. It’s more and more horrifying really. So as a family (and assuming bf) by 8pm they know she’s missing. Her car is still there at the beach, they find her dog... and admittedly if their torches died it would seem pointless, but wouldn’t you go get torches from home/service station/shop & call everyone you knew who could come and help look?? They’d have had to have been feeling sick with dread by then. Not meaning to guilt trip as we all know what we now know - but oh dear :(

It seems that now we are getting more of the picture. Didn't previously know they found her dog tired up that night. Should have rung police immediately. Police would have been there immediately making it a crime scene. They don't like anyone to tamper with a crime scene. Not family or anyone else. This is odd.

- . was in PNG

-Thursday Island detectives involved
Thursday Island detectives are part of the Cairns region. Yesterday's press report simply says they have brought in extra help from region and Brisbane. This is very common in a major incident. Nothing out of the ordinary to bring in detectives from other regions or outer regions. No big deal.

I think the last to see her was her boyfriend - her Mum said he reported her missing and then she started making phonecalls for information, they went down to look for her after that. The missing dog post was made at 9:55pm the night she went missing, dog was last seen at 6pm at Spring Creek Falls - about a 15 minute drive from Wangetti Beach. Perhaps he was already out looking for her with his dog, dog ran off and he couldn't stay to look around for it as he wanted to continue searching for Toyah? Just my own thoughts.

Last edited:
I think the last to see her was her boyfriend - her Mum said he reported her missing and then she started making phonecalls for information, they went down to look for her after that. The missing dog post was made at 9:55pm the night she went missing, dog was last seen at 6pm at Spring Creek Falls - about a 15 minute drive from Wangetti Beach. Perhaps he was already out looking for her with his dog, dog ran off and he couldn't stay to look around for it as he wanted to continue searching for Toyah? Just my own thoughts.

Very true kbk, perhaps he knew he just did not have the time to search for the dog. Wangetti residents seem very supportive of each other so he enlisted their help.

I don't understand though. Perhaps it wasn't the boyfriend who saw the dog walking up the track towards the falls. If it was only walking, why not call it back--why not follow it? Was he out with dog when he got a message that Toyah hadn't turned up to meet someone--and suddenly knew it was such an emergency he had to desert the dog? Or if he was searching with the dog, and the dog disappeared, wouldn't he think the dog might have found Toyah, and he'd better keep searching the area for both? How far from the falls were they then? Say it would be dark in an hour or so, would it take that long to walk out of the wilderness?

I'm thinking the dog went missing, but it was someone else who told boyfriend it had been seen on the track to the falls.

What stood out to me in Toyah's mothers statement, was the lack of mention of the boyfriend and bio father. During the initial 'get to know our family' part, the father wasn't included at all. From what is seen in photo's Toyah seemed to be close to her father.

If the boyfriend reported her missing - why didn't he search with the family? Did he let them know or did Police ring them after he had reported? Was he too busy looking for his own dog instead of Toyah?

Yes , pivotal to her statement and right at the beginning was her talking about how supportive and loving her husband had been. No mention of bf - not such a biggie - no mention of bio dad other than facts about search . Maybe they just don’t get along - maybe we reading too much into . I wonder if Toyah was living with bio father & that caused some friction .

Heartbreaking :(

Yes but she might not be listed - if renting and sharing - plus who actually has a phone line these days ? -

Me :D

Toyah's Favorite Song
"the song was often referred to as Toyah’s Song. It was her go to song, her ring tone for a long time and a song that her friends and family relate heavily to, more now than ever"

TOYAH CORDINGLEY R.I.P. - THE RED JUMPSUIT APPARATUS ''Your Guardian Angel''- Toyah's Song -

What a beautiful song, thanks for posting :)

Also, as the police are asking women to come forward who have been harassed in the last two years. This may also suggest they are looking for a local resident.

Also "Detective Inspector Sonia Smith said items relevant to the investigation were found during a search of the Cairns suburbs of Lake Placid and Caravonica, over the weekend." ('You can help our broken family': Mum of Toyah Cordingley calls for help with murder probe). Caravonica? I wonder what they found in that suburb, perhaps mobile phone pings?

"Caravonica is a suburb of Cairns in the Carirns Region, Far North Queensland, Australia,[2] approximately 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) from the City Centre. At the 2016 Australian Census the suburb recorded a population of 1,989.[1] (Caravonica, Queensland - Wikipedia)".
It is 31.3 kms from Wangetti, about 30 min drive.

The individual clearly knows their way around this area of Queensland.

So many questions :confused:[ QUOTE]

I think it's possible that the boyfriend could have stayed at their house while the parents searched, just in case she came home.

Also, as the police are asking women to come forward who have been harassed in the last two years. This may also suggest they are looking for a local resident.

Also "Detective Inspector Sonia Smith said items relevant to the investigation were found during a search of the Cairns suburbs of Lake Placid and Caravonica, over the weekend." ('You can help our broken family': Mum of Toyah Cordingley calls for help with murder probe). Caravonica? I wonder what they found in that suburb, perhaps mobile phone pings?

"Caravonica is a suburb of Cairns in the Carirns Region, Far North Queensland, Australia,[2] approximately 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) from the City Centre. At the 2016 Australian Census the suburb recorded a population of 1,989.[1] (Caravonica, Queensland - Wikipedia)".
It is 31.3 kms from Wangetti, about 30 min drive.

The individual clearly knows their way around this area of Queensland.

I think you are right, Ariona. As someone who used to live in Cairns, these areas of interest are just ~slightly~ too random... that I would be surprised if it was someone who did not know the area well. Whilst Lake Placid has a caravan park, it is also popular among locals for recreational activities. Lots of trees/water/bushland - a good place to hide something.

Wangetti residents seem very supportive of each other so he enlisted their help.

"Coastal town Wangetti is so small all 14 houses share the same street just off the Cook Highway, overlooking a pristine sandy beach"

When your town is this small you would hope everyone would look out and help each other , plus it would have been easy to eliminate the people living there (excluding drifters) from the investigation

"The tiny Queensland hamlet was a favorite spot for Toyah Cordingley who would make the 40km drive north from Cairns to take her boyfriend's dog Jersey for a walk"

Seems Toyah knew the area well and felt comfortable and somewhat safe there

How Toyah Cordingley's chilling murder sent shockwaves through a carefree beach town | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme