Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS.

This is what I've saying, and what I hope the jury will take into account... that Tostee was *manipulating* the entire recording (for an audience, says his asides to an invisible someone) AND that it's not clear at all that he was not on that balcony. That's why I was so mad the cops announced they didn't think he was.... because it's very far from clear IMO.

The door being slid all the way open is exactly what I said earlier and I agree with this theory.

THIS.

This is what I've saying, and what I hope the jury will take into account... that Tostee was *manipulating* the entire recording (for an audience, says his asides to an invisible someone) AND that it's not clear at all that he was not on that balcony. That's why I was so mad the cops announced they didn't think he was.... because it's very far from clear IMO.

I absolutely agree Ausgirl with the first part.
Mad at the cops - not yet.
He was charged with murder rather quickly and is still behind bars.
Judge Debra Mullins asked Crown Prosecutor Sarah Farnden " The prosecution case is that the applicant wasn't on the balcony that Ms Wright fell from?"
That appears to be the most likely scenario.
The judge has not said there is no case for murder just difficult to prove.
Its early days - the most likely scenario may end up being very different.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-despite-not-balcony-fell.html#ixzz3D37aJoeL

http://www.news.com.au/national/gab...-warriena-wright/story-fncynjr2-1227057520144

Gable Tostee’s criminal record revealed as he tries to get bail for the murder of Warriena Wright
1 HOUR AGO SEPTEMBER 13, 2014 5:22PM

"... he is alleged to have previously assaulted and abused police officers".
Court documents filed [as part of the Crown’s arguments that bail should not be granted] by prosecutors in the Supreme Court in Brisbane have revealed the criminal history of 28-year-old Gable Tostee, who is in custody after being charged with the August 8 murder of New Zealander Warriena Wright...

Textbook case of Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD) maybe? Some sort of Personality Disorder surely.

0.24 am - 6 photos taken on Mr Tostee's balcony with a Cannon A550 camera.
0.55am A sound recorder is activated.
Where in the unit is this sound recorder situated because it seems to pick up everything, right down to the toilet seat.
Wonder if he shut the door when he came in -- I am obsessed with sliding doors opening and shutting.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nt-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html#ixzz3Cykbvfgg

0.24 am - 6 photos taken on Mr Tostee's balcony with a Cannon A550 camera.
0.55am A sound recorder is activated.
Where in the unit is this sound recorder situated because it seems to pick up everything, right down to the toilet seat.
Wonder if he shut the door when he came in -- I am obsessed with sliding doors opening and shutting.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nt-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html#ixzz3Cykbvfgg

Ive been thinking about the sound recorder as well. As we know he kept recording right up until 4:15am so he must have grabbed it quickly when he fled the unit. So where was it and what was it?

0.55am - A sound recorder is activated on a device allegedly owned by Mr Tostee. Police are uncertain what was used to record the audio, but say the file appeared to have been transferred to a Sony XPeria phone, which was later seized.

4.15am - The recording terminates.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nt-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html#ixzz3DC90c8yh

I think it's pretty damn obvious Warriena was afraid of more than the Church finding out she had Tinder dates.

Not only was she saying 'no' before he talked about the recording, she was being threatened and bullied -- it doesn't matter how the words *sound* at that stage, the transcript is enough to see that Tostee was out to show her a lesson, and in some brutal and frightening way.

Not any kind of "interpretation" there. Just the words directly out of Tostee's nasty mouth.

Totally agree. I've thought about how awful it would be to have my life made public knowledge when I'm not in my finest form, and sometimes even think that would be worse than death itself. But my parents have seen me at my worst and still think the best of me. I can't imagine that in a state of terror, afraid for my life, that I'd be more worried about what my parents (or their friends) think of me than escaping or saving my life.

Leaving you with these thoughts overnight:

knowing nothing, and presuming nothing, (and judging nothing) about WRW's dating or sexual history, but assumimg at 25 and she logging onto tinder, she was not a virgin;

According to one report in a UK paper, she had arrived in Australia Aug 6 and booked into a hotel;

She reportedly was over here alone, for 2 weeks hol and to attend a friend's wedding;

She had used alcohol and her sister "cracked a beer" in her memory at the foot of the building as she lit a candle for her sister.

Rrie wasn't close to either of her parents but her mum was a deacon in a church in NZ

Rrie in the course of her conversation with GT said she did not believe in god or afterlife.

She was responsible for her sister - flatted with her - and had a job and other interests.

IMO possibly Rrie's life in NZ had reached some stage of being stifled, and as another poster said, she was possibly being judged and reflecting on her mum in whatever she did their.

Come to australia for a short holiday, GC fun capital and make the most of it to go a little wild?

I'm just saying it's possible that was her mindset .... and then, she had no backup, no mates to keep her safe, she goes to a lavish unit with a good looking bloke but she has already been drinking, and continues, and.... things go seriously wrong.

Textbook case of Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD) maybe? Some sort of Personality Disorder surely.

Definitely a Personality Disorder imo. Probably Antisocial - possibly Narcissistic too.

I'd love to read the results of any psych testing he's been subjected to.

And then...

IMO, we certainly have not heard those full transcripts. All the police were doing was taking bits and pieces that went together to show cause not to grant CT bail. If/when it gets to court I expect the whole transcripts will be available, and those gaps that were explained away as "calm conversation" etc will be heard in full, as will the voices and tones.

I think that when things went seriously wrong, and the rough play turned nasty, R grabbed something heavy and hit GT. She picked it up again and tried to hit him again where he grabbed it and her two hands in one of his, and her throat in the other, and they fought and wrestled until she gasped for breath until she dropped it.

He had already said he should have thrown her over the balcony and I think she believed he would - he dragged her and whatever she was hitting him with closer to the porch and then she got scared he would do it- hence the umpteen nooooooooos

I so believe he pushed her onto the balcony or he opened the door with that intention and she scrambled out from being tackled. I am certain she was in fear but also brought on by her intoxiation.

And now.... also in MO, RW still remembers that threat of throwing off the balcony, and looks around for safety - there is none unless you try to get away... and then she made that fateful decision and tried to get off the balcony and... died. I'm not excusing GT for his part but I think claims of him tying her up and dangling her off the edge of that tiny little glass partition are not likely.

Also, it is NOT true that he showed no compassion - he went out of the unit straight away - and went to the lobby level via the lift - only on seeing all the police did he freak out and disappear, we haven't heard his version yet as to why he didn't go out to find if she was OK.

The he reportedly said to his dad he "hoped to god she wasn't dead". Why put the worst interpretation on that?

The audio transcript is not a complete one, there were a lot of minutes of conversation between he and his dad that were not reported in the bail documents. A lot more will come out... in time

Oh and finally sorry to whoever posted a shot of what was supposed to be GT's unit with weight & work-out equipment, from the skyline what could not have been Avalon and most likely his previous abode which I believe was Circle on Cavill. Also Avalon unit bedrooms are noway that big, if he had a s"study" and kept such stuff more likely there, though there is a gym in that building.
You only have to look at the windows to see how different they are and the distance from the river is a clincher.

Leaving you with these thoughts overnight:

knowing nothing, and presuming nothing, (and judging nothing) about WRW's dating or sexual history, but assumimg at 25 and she logging onto tinder, she was not a virgin;

According to one report in a UK paper, she had arrived in Australia Aug 6 and booked into a hotel;

She reportedly was over here alone, for 2 weeks hol and to attend a friend's wedding;

She had used alcohol and her sister "cracked a beer" in her memory at the foot of the building as she lit a candle for her sister.

Rrie wasn't close to either of her parents but her mum was a deacon in a church in NZ

Rrie in the course of her conversation with GT said she did not believe in god or afterlife.

She was responsible for her sister - flatted with her - and had a job and other interests.

IMO possibly Rrie's life in NZ had reached some stage of being stifled, and as another poster said, she was possibly being judged and reflecting on her mum in whatever she did their.

Come to australia for a short holiday, GC fun capital and make the most of it to go a little wild?

I'm just saying it's possible that was her mindset .... and then, she had no backup, no mates to keep her safe, she goes to a lavish unit with a good looking bloke but she has already been drinking, and continues, and.... things go seriously wrong.

In the days leading up to her death Wright posted photos on social media websites of herself holding a large snake at Australia Zoo and another of herself skydiving. Her Australian friends revealed on Facebook they had been hanging out at the beach, taking selfies and climbing to the top of Q1, the tallest building in Australia.

Another friend, Savana Lesa, who was with Ms Wright in her final days, posted : "Though my heart aches for you and my mind is still adjusting to the fact you are gone I will always cherish the best moments I have had with you while you were here

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...cious-soul-20140810-102i1a.html#ixzz3DCFWul5W

Rrie and her sister lived in Australia for a while some time ago, she caught up with quite a few of her Aussie friends. She arrived in Australia 29th July.

Her sister did not crack a still of moonshine. Rrie was a Toohey's drinker. Seven or eight years over the minimum drinking age in her country. Not a baby. Not without experience.

1.05.30am: Male: 'Do you want to come to my work tomorrow?' Female: 'Do you want to come to my family tomorrow?'*
(Doesn't sound completely without a rudder, had lived in Australia before, had friends and undoubtedly family here), wanted to go home from at least 1:30am. Was drinking with a man whose only interest is zombie movies - so what if she is not a happy hand clapper and would prefer to discuss ancient deities.

*http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...final-struggle-plus-happened-afterwards.html#

1.53.30am: Ruffling sounds. Drink poured. Male: “That is like vodka on the rocks. That is yours.
1.56.30am: Female: “That is horrible. I am going to leave that there.”

Yep, deprivation of liberty is just a bit wrong when being hosted in an average unit, with an average ageing toolie with a war chest of moonshine and god knows what else, and no concept of duty of care.

image.jpg

I have tried without success to add a pic. Help needed.
It appears the unit has 2 sliding doors from the living area to the balcony - one slides right one slides left.
I am thinking maybe one opening and one shutting.
If that is possible?

Thanks to the WS upgrade the quickest and easiest way to post a photo from most sources is to right click anywhere on the photo....click on copy....go to your reply box and click paste. The link/url will be added in....add
to the end of it.

Totally agree. I've thought about how awful it would be to have my life made public knowledge when I'm not in my finest form, and sometimes even think that would be worse than death itself. But my parents have seen me at my worst and still think the best of me. I can't imagine that in a state of terror, afraid for my life, that I'd be more worried about what my parents (or their friends) think of me than escaping or saving my life.

To Ausgirl & Brightbird: Nobody really knows what went on inside Rrie's head except her. I was just putting forward possible thoughts that COULD have run on inside her head, possible even in her state of inebriation.

I was brought up in a strict Catholic family. I know what it is like to carry the burden of going against the grain. I am of Asian ethnicity, and I understand what that is like to be brought up with a different set of values. I lived in New Zealand for 15 years, 5 of which in Lower Hutt. I am a Kiwi. I look at a photo of her Mum, it makes me think of my Mum. It hits home.

Like I said, it was just a possibility. Until the day comes when
(1) the audio file is heard in its entirety, and
(2) when other bits of evidence come to light like the full toxicology report plus hopefully Tostee will give evidence to fill in the other gaps ie. what the (metal) object was which Rrie supposedly was using to injure him, etc.

we are all just speculating here.

And now.... also in MO, RW still remembers that threat of throwing off the balcony, and looks around for safety - there is none unless you try to get away... and then she made that fateful decision and tried to get off the balcony and... died. I'm not excusing GT for his part but I think claims of him tying her up and dangling her off the edge of that tiny little glass partition are not likely.

Also, it is NOT true that he showed no compassion - he went out of the unit straight away - and went to the lobby level via the lift - only on seeing all the police did he freak out and disappear, we haven't heard his version yet as to why he didn't go out to find if she was OK.

The he reportedly said to his dad he "hoped to god she wasn't dead". Why put the worst interpretation on that?

The audio transcript is not a complete one, there were a lot of minutes of conversation between he and his dad that were not reported in the bail documents. A lot more will come out... in time

Yes nowvoyager. What you have written is very much aligned to what I think might have happened. It is important to remain as objective as possible.

Yes nowvoyager. What you have written is very much aligned to what I think might have happened. It is important to remain as objective as possible.

Gable: Deprivation of liberty. Tostee junior and senior: Duty of care. :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966