Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Ausgirl & Brightbird: Nobody really knows what went on inside Rrie's head except her. I was just putting forward possible thoughts that COULD have run on inside her head, possible even in her state of inebriation.

I was brought up in a strict Catholic family. I know what it is like to carry the burden of going against the grain. I am of Asian ethnicity, and I understand what that is like to be brought up with a different set of values. I lived in New Zealand for 15 years, 5 of which in Lower Hutt. I am a Kiwi. I look at a photo of her Mum, it makes me think of my Mum. It hits home.

Like I said, it was just a possibility. Until the day comes when
(1) the audio file is heard in its entirety, and
(2) when other bits of evidence come to light like the full toxicology report plus hopefully Tostee will give evidence to fill in the other gaps ie. what the (metal) object was which Rrie supposedly was using to injure him, etc.

we are all just speculating here.

Hi SlinkiMalinki and welcome to Websleuths (WS)....nice to have you on board :)

We are indeed only speculating. All opinions are welcome as long as they remain within our rules (TOS) located at following link....

Rules Etiquette & Information

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

Also, it is NOT true that he showed no compassion - he went out of the unit straight away - and went to the lobby level via the lift - only on seeing all the police did he freak out and disappear, we haven't heard his version yet as to why he didn't go out to find if she was OK.

RSBM

Did this happen before or after he tried to ring his lawyer?

2.21am - A call is placed from Gable Tostee's phone to his lawyer, Michael Purcell. The call doesn't connect.
2.23pm - A triple-0 call is placed by the woman in the apartment below.
2.25am - Police arrive at the scene. At the same time the fob key to Mr Tostee's apartment is activated.
2.28am - CCTV cameras capture a male, believed to be Mr Tostee, approach the front entrance of the apartment. He walks back to the elevator and rides to the basement.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nt-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html#ixzz3DCgWMhBp

Thought so, he did not rush right out to see how Warriena was after all.

Yes nowvoyager. What you have written is very much aligned to what I think might have happened. It is important to remain as objective as possible.

I do agree that a lot more will come out in time.
Remaining as objective as possible I cannot see anyone innocent of wrong doing.
Phoning his lawyer immediately someone fell from their balcony.
Failing to phone emergency services
Leaving the scene but grabbing the victims phone and a recording devise that has been recording the evening.
Phoning his lawyer again, calling to a night club then to the pizza shop to order and eat a piece of supreme.

Then over one hour later phones his father.

If he had phoned his father and not his lawyer in those first seconds I may have a different view.
Even his father assumed he was at his unit.

Leaving you with these thoughts overnight:

knowing nothing, and presuming nothing, (and judging nothing) about WRW's dating or sexual history, but assumimg at 25 and she logging onto tinder, she was not a virgin;

Neither is GT. I don't understand the relevance.

According to one report in a UK paper, she had arrived in Australia Aug 6 and booked into a hotel;

She reportedly was over here alone, for 2 weeks hol and to attend a friend's wedding;

She has friends here.

She had used alcohol and her sister "cracked a beer" in her memory at the foot of the building as she lit a candle for her sister.
Warriena was over 18, many people drink alcohol, beer a favourite drink of most aussies.

Rrie wasn't close to either of her parents but her mum was a deacon in a church in NZ

I don't understand the 'but' ? Also, what is considered close and by whose standards? Was this Warriena's description of her relationship? Is it important that we know?
Rrie in the course of her conversation with GT said she did not believe in god or afterlife.

which makes her what? An atheist, an agnostic? The relevance? :dunno:

She was responsible for her sister - flatted with her - and had a job and other interests.

Great big sister and she was a well rounded person.

IMO possibly Rrie's life in NZ had reached some stage of being stifled, and as another poster said, she was possibly being judged and reflecting on her mum in whatever she did their.

But if she's not close to her mum, why would she care?

Come to australia for a short holiday, GC fun capital and make the most of it to go a little wild?

Yes, we all do that, Warriena is no different than millions of other tourists.

I'm just saying it's possible that was her mindset .... and then, she had no backup, no mates to keep her safe, she goes to a lavish unit with a good looking bloke but she has already been drinking, and continues, and.... things go seriously wrong.

We speak English in Australia like NZ, Warriena imo, was not out of her depth, she was not in a foreign country like India or Italy. She has friends in Australia, that's why she came for the wedding.

Going to a man's unit doesn't suddenly make her his property, Warriena should have been able to leave any moment she wanted.

Things went wrong for Warriena, but not for GT. Things went wrong for GT when police established that she fell from his apartment and that he was there at the time. He wouldn't have volunteered that information or he would have gone straight to where Warriena's body lay and called emergency, police and ambulance. Waited for them, then called his father and lawyer.

GT forced her out onto the balcony because she'd been a bad girl, what guy would do that if he had good intentions towards that person? GT was fixated on his balcony, imo, he was sexually obsessed with his balcony. Maybe, that should be looked into more seriously.

JMO

Neither is GT. I don't understand the relevance.

She has friends here.

Warriena was over 18, many people drink alcohol, beer a favourite drink of most aussies.

I don't understand the 'but' ? Also, what is considered close and by whose standards? Was this Warriena's description of her relationship? Is it important that we know?

which makes her what? An atheist, an agnostic? The relevance? :dunno:

Great big sister and she was a well rounded person.

But if she's not close to her mum, why would she care?

Yes, we all do that, Warriena is no different than millions of other tourists.

We speak English in Australia like NZ, Warriena imo, was not out of her depth, she was not in a foreign country like India or Italy. She has friends in Australia, that's why she came for the wedding.

Going to a man's unit doesn't suddenly make her his property, Warriena should have been able to leave any moment she wanted.

Things went wrong for Warriena, but not for GT. Things went wrong for GT when police established that she fell from his apartment and that he was there at the time. He wouldn't have volunteered that information or he would have gone straight to where Warriena's body lay and called emergency, police and ambulance. Waited for them, then called his father and lawyer.

GT forced her out onto the balcony because she'd been a bad girl, what guy would do that if he had good intentions towards that person? GT was fixated on his balcony, imo, he was sexually obsessed with his balcony. Maybe, that should be looked into more seriously.

JMO

Can't thank you enough for this reply! Seriously.

I am keeping in mind that there maybe more of the conversation between GT and his father to come.
GT said
I think she might have jumped.
I didn't push her.
I didn't force her over the balcony.
I didn't throw her.
But he did not once say - she tried to climb over the balcony and fell.

So horrific for those poor witnesses, but at least they can confirm Warreina didn't jump.

I am keeping in mind that there maybe more of the conversation between GT and his father to come.
GT said
I think she might have jumped.
I didn't push her.
I didn't force her over the balcony.
I didn't throw her.
But he did not once say - she tried to climb over the balcony and fell.

So horrific for those poor witnesses, but at least they can confirm Warreina didn't jump.

Male: ' ... I don't know what the *advertiser censored** happened, it is crazy. This *advertiser censored**ed up, this is so *advertiser censored**ed up. I swear to god I didn't push her, I just chucked her out on the balcony and locked the door because she was beating me up.'

CHUCKED her out on the balcony.

At over 6ft tall and 100+ kg, lifting and throwing a petite female around the 50-60kg mark from inside the unit over or onto the balcony/balcony railing is more than possible.

Kinda slightly off topic...but goes with the police interpretation of the transcript...

Isis very excellently pointed out Myjambo could've been the Jambo app.

In this link there is a mention of Procifany in the transcript

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...leged-recordings/story-fnje8bkv-1227053364751

Given they are talking about mythology I think they are talking about Persephone (pronounced as written in the transcript). She was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter (the goddess of the harvest and fertility), who was abducted by Hades, the god of the underworld and imprisoned underground. She escaped back to the Earth but later returned to Hades as wife, splitting her time equally each year on Earth and in the underworld.

Struck me as kind of creepy correlation tbh.

Plus also think whoever is transcribing needs to check their spelling/facts! What else could be misinterpreted?

Kinda slightly off topic...but goes with the police interpretation of the transcript...

Isis very excellently pointed out Myjambo could've been the Jambo app.

In this link there is a mention of Procifany in the transcript

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...leged-recordings/story-fnje8bkv-1227053364751

Given they are talking about mythology I think they are talking about Persephone (pronounced as written in the transcript). She was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter (the goddess of the harvest and fertility), who was abducted by Hades, the god of the underworld and imprisoned underground. She escaped back to the Earth but later returned to Hades as wife, splitting her time equally each year on Earth and in the underworld.

Struck me as kind of creepy correlation tbh.

Plus also think whoever is transcribing needs to check their spelling/facts! What else could be misinterpreted?

Excellent pick up MZD!! That makes sense - that's exactly how Persephone is pronounced!

And yep, ominous correlation in light of what happened......:facepalm:

Also just on the Jambo mention....I have always found it odd that GT got weird about her phone when she demanded it to leave. He clearly doesn't want her to have it (it's on the balcony, won't help her look for it, says he'll call it but then says her battery must be flat)

Next minute she says where's all my data, my Jambo doesn't say anything....so my conclusion is that she clearly has her phone by that time, has looked at it and it's been stripped of stuff.

I take this as him hacking into her phone but for what reason. Then he takes her phone when he leaves.

So what's on her phone if he's deleting data and taking her phone with him?

There's still a code of honour in jail - even amongst the creepy sex offenders.......although it's probably the guys who've grassed on other people who are attacking him.

And in my understanding, prison guards often accidentally 'let' reviled prisoners be left in situations where they can be beaten by other inmates, even in protective custody.

He's in a lot of trouble I think. SO many Maori guys on social media have called him a marked man.

It's one thing to shoot the ***** on the lame bb forums.....it's a whole other thing to be in jail with the big boys.:scared:

I know I probably shouldn't be glad, but I am. I really hope he continually suffers and has his pathetic ego driven into the cold concrete floor of his cell. I watched Once Were Warriors for the first time in years the other day and that scene where Uncle Bulli is beaten when they find out he had raped Grace? I hope that happens every day to Tostee in prison. I honestly hate violence, but when you want to be a bad boy, you suffer the consequences. There are some really rough people in this world and when you murder someone, you get to meet them all in one place. The sad thing is that *advertiser censored* will eventually be out again one day and it is already abundantly clear that he cannot learn from consequences. The same arrogant, ignorant, self titled behaviour we have seen over and over and over again...

I really must stress that I don't agree with violence...I want to delete this post in some ways. I am just sick of feeling vulnerable and sick of seeing horrible people getting away with murder, etc. So much horror in the world sometimes. I really think it is time for a break from the forums here...reading too much horror isn't healthy...

Also just on the Jambo mention....I have always found it odd that GT got weird about her phone when she demanded it to leave. He clearly doesn't want her to have it (it's on the balcony, won't help her look for it, says he'll call it but then says her battery must be flat)

Next minute she says where's all my data, my Jambo doesn't say anything....so my conclusion is that she clearly has her phone by that time, has looked at it and it's been stripped of stuff.

I take this as him hacking into her phone but for what reason. Then he takes her phone when he leaves.

Excellent point.

Do we know if LE have her phone?

I'm wondering if they can retrieve whatever was on it that he was so concerned about.......

The message, understood to have been passed through a friend who was given access to his account, prompted messages of support from friends.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-facebook-20140913-10gehk.html#ixzz3D9s8jDig

Its not hard to work out who the "friend" is .

TO really wants the publicity for his business and knows he is playing the media. He makes out he hates them but he can't keep his pathetic, ego driven head out of the spotlight. And you guys are right, real mates would just visit, not make moronic posts on their facebook page. TO only cares about his own cause. He is a perfect "brah" example. All the little brahs should get on their knees for him...

1.08am: Further conversation about galaxies and travel to Alice Springs. Conversation about religion and gods

1.09am: Male says that he “doesn’t think there is anything after death”. “Throw me off the balcony and that is it. This is it, boom.”

1.12am: Male: “Don’t touch them. You love them rocks.” Female: “Are you a god?” Male replies that yes he is. He is Zeus. He tells her to relax.
1.13am: Female says she is talking about gods. Male says there are no gods. She again calls him Zeus.

http://m.news.com.au/TopStories/fi12265812.htm

Do we know if LE have her phone?

I'm wondering if they can retrieve whatever was on it that he was so concerned about.......

Warriena had an iPhone, so much of her data may be on the cloud.

She can allegedly be heard on the tape from inside Gable Tostee's apartment getting angry at 1.36am, saying: ''Where is my sister's (expletive). Where is all my (expletive) data? Where is my iPhone?'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fterwards.html

iCloud:
http://au.pcmag.com/services-player...o-back-up-an-iphone,-ipad,-or-ipod-touch-usin

I said this earlier, but maybe she took embarrassing photos of him while she had him tied up and he was deleting them

On Thursday the sister of Ms Wright spoke out about her grief after losing 'the most important person' in her life.

Reza told how her mother was all she had now and said Warriena took care of her and mother.

'She was not only my sister, she was my best friend,' Reza said.

'She kept me and my friends entertained and happy.

She said her family were keenly suffering the loss of Warriena, particularly their mother, Beth Wright.

'It's really hard on everyone,' Reza said.

'Mum...she's not good. She's...more like the child.

Rrie Wright's mum says she can't stop crying since her daughter's shocking death

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wi-tourist-Warriena-Wright.html#ixzz3DEwnlUt9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member