Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you Ausgirl. Of course it is not that smart, but lot's of people participate in all sorts of activities, especially when young and you do not deserve to be murdered for that.

When you think about it, in the 70s people used to hitch all the time. No mobile phones, no GPS. Tinder is actually the same type of risk taking behaviour, but probably actually slightly safer. Hooking up with people in clubs requires a cover charge, exorbitant drink prices, insanely loud music, pestering from *advertiser censored**holes, and the risk of going back to someone's place when your judgement is impaired or, if you are really unlucky, you have been slipped a mickey. The risks have to be calculated by each generation. Each to their own.

2.25am - Police arrive at the scene. At the same time the fob key to Mr Tostee's apartment is activated.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nt-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html#ixzz3DCgWMhBp

I have been dwelling on this statement for a while. Been looking to see why Tostee's fob key would have been activated then. Don't you just need a fob key to enter an apartment? I cannot find anything that says you need one to exit an apartment (surely that would be against fire laws?) Did he go out to the elevator, then remember he needed to grab something else (1 or 2 or 3 phones perhaps) and go back into the apartment?

I did consider that he may have needed the fob key before pushing the 'ground floor' button in the elevator, as is sometimes required, but that would mean it took a full 3 mins for the lift to reach the ground floor .. which is far too long .. so I cancelled that thought.

1 hr 24 mins and 25 sec of the recording before Rrie falls at 2.12.12am.

1 hr 1min and 44 sec before he phoned his father at 3.22.56am.

Plenty of time to play and replay those final minutes before he phoned his father and said I might have a situation.

When you think about it, in the 70s people used to hitch all the time. No mobile phones, no GPS. Tinder is actually the same type of risk taking behaviour, but probably actually slightly safer. Hooking up with people in clubs requires a cover charge, exorbitant drink prices, insanely loud music, pestering from *advertiser censored**holes, and the risk of going back to someone's place when your judgement is impaired or, if you are really unlucky, you have been slipped a mickey. The risks have to be calculated by each generation. Each to their own.

The thing I liked about the 'olden days' :floorlaugh: is that you actually met people face to face. You caught their vibe. You usually knew if you actually liked them somewhat before you became more involved with them. Now, it is a case of reading the written word to determine if you like the person enough to meet up or whatever. And we all know how misinterpreted and/or misrepresented the written word can be.

The thing I liked about the 'olden days' :floorlaugh: is that you actually met people face to face. You caught their vibe. You usually knew if you actually liked them somewhat before you became more involved with them. Now, it is a case of reading the written word to determine if you like the person enough to meet up or whatever. And we all know how misinterpreted and/or misrepresented the written word can be.

That's so true, SouthAussie. We used to run with our intuition based on face-to-face contact.

I'm personally super glad I'm not on the scene now - I'm a sucker for a well written phrase! I'd automatically build the writer into someone fabulous, witty and intelligent in my head.......when they may just be someone who's good with words :scared:

Mr Tostee Snr looks like a tired hard worker.
A salesman/carpet layer who employs his out of control son maybe to keep an eye on him and keep him busy.
When a parent has an out of control child they are thrown into a rollercoaster ride of blame and guilt.
They will try to fix everything the way they know how until that child is put into the hands of the right authorities.

Mr Tostee Snr awoke to a nightmare that night, not knowing the story or what to do he took just instructions, he picked GT up was told when and where to pull over, where to go and what to do.
It sounds to me he's been beaten down and had enough with GT and was at his wits end.
I'm sure he's feeling relief that his son is incarcerated but also feeling huge guilt that something wasn't done sooner.
But for the Grace of God go many of us.

JMOO

A salesman/carpet layer who employs his out of control son maybe to keep an eye on him and keep him busy.
When a parent has an out of control child they are thrown into a rollercoaster ride of blame and guilt.
They will try to fix everything the way they know how until that child is put into the hands of the right authorities.

Mr Tostee Snr awoke to a nightmare that night, not knowing the story or what to do he took just instructions, he picked GT up was told when and where to pull over, where to go and what to do.
It sounds to me he's been beaten down and had enough with GT and was at his wits end.
I'm sure he's feeling relief that his son is incarcerated but also feeling huge guilt that something wasn't done sooner.

JMOO

Yeah it does appear to be the case somewhat.

It also appear that they are not rich or extremely well off either, judging by the pic of their house/cars etc. Not poor, but certainly not rich. Maybe higher end median?

Yeah it does appear to be the case somewhat.

It also appear that they are not rich or extremely well off either, judging by the pic of their house/cars etc. Not poor, but certainly not rich. Maybe higher end median?

It'd be disappointing to have to return to hard physical labour to recoup losses and say goodbye to retirement plans because of someone else's continuous bad actions.
Forever a parent?

This makes one wonder why the... did the 28-year-old Gable Tostee's first call was to his LAWYER?
Not to call a ambulance or 000?
Second call seemingly was to his wealthy father instead of an ambulance or emergency call??
Why the neglect of calling an ambulance???? Did he first want advice from a lawyers point of view???

"Data that police allege was retrieved from Tostee’s Sony mobile phone show he
phoned lawyer Michael Purcell just 50 seconds after a faint scream [/U]— and then nothing more — was
heard from the balcony."

MSM Link:
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...kv-1227051974029?from=gold+coast+bulletin_rss

Reading the newspapers... see links below,
it seems like Gable Tostee's parents were actually very well off (probably rich enough to pay off anything), and in the Construction Industry he worked for as a builder himself.

His father is described as Mauritius-born businessman Gray Tostee, 63,
and mother Helene Tostee, who live in a gated community at Palms Meadows Estate at Carrera
on the Gold Coast."
Link:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...a-tagpuno-wright/story-fni0cx12-1227026148418

"Mr Tostee is represented by top criminal law firm, Potts Lawyers."
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...n-the-gold-coast/story-fnj94idh-1227022231772
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...aradise-highrise/story-fnje8bkv-1227051974029
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ostees-apartment-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html

Question: I previously read on one of the msm links also that young Mr Tostee was living in the apartments he had actually built, can anyone confirm this info (msm links?), was his father actually a businessman in the construction/building industry, hence their son had the opportunity to enjoy living in a modern skyscraper thay had built perhaps??

JMOO
I agree TGY
As a parent he was in the most difficult of situations.
Parents are not responsible for the decisions of their adult children.
Even if his parents were aware that he was mentally unwell, disordered or abusing substances.
Help is unavailable until they are a risk to themselves or others or they choose to seek help themselves.

Question: I previously read on one of the msm links also that young Mr Tostee was living in the apartments he had actually built, can anyone confirm this info (msm links?), was his father actually a businessman in the construction/building industry, hence their son had the opportunity to enjoy living in a modern skyscraper thay had built perhaps??

He owns and runs a carpet business which includes shopfront and fitment

I will just add there that I had read
1. That GT was moving soon because he couldn't afford the rent (approx $350)
2. That he owned the apartment.
I can't provide links, but there is conflicting information out there, and fairly unreliable sources.

I will just add there that I had read
1. That GT was moving soon because he couldn't afford the rent (approx $350)
2. That he owned the apartment.
I can't provide links, but there is conflicting information out there, and fairly unreliable sources.

I read on BB.com he was paying $420 rent per week. Might of been a different apartment though. He had lived in a few different ones (wearing out his welcome perhaps?)

This makes one wonder why the... did the 28-year-old Gable Tostee's first call was to his LAWYER?
Second call seemingly was to his wealthy father instead of an ambulance or emergency call??
Why the neglect of calling an ambulance???? Did he first want advice from a lawyers point of view???

RSBM

Seems absurd and horrifying doesn’t it? Total disregard for life.

As if the lawyer (or common sense) is going to say ... ‘no, don’t call an ambulance, high tail it outta there right now’.

The lawyer would have just said what he evidently said later on … ‘turn yourself in, make no comments, let us see the lay of the land before any further action’.

I read on BB.com he was paying $420 rent per week. Might of been a different apartment though. He had lived in a few different ones (wearing out his welcome perhaps?)

$380? Do we hear $380? Look closely, it's there. Reversed out of the black bar under the photo of the building.
image.jpg

That's so true, SouthAussie. We used to run with our intuition based on face-to-face contact.

I'm personally super glad I'm not on the scene now - I'm a sucker for a well written phrase! I'd automatically build the writer into someone fabulous, witty and intelligent in my head.......when they may just be someone who's good with words :scared:

I'm not convinced that apps like Tinder are any more risky than going home with someone just met in a bar. I'm not familiar with the apps, but assuming the average tinder date starts off meeting in a public place then how is it different to getting a feel for someone in a bar? I suppose it could be harder to trust your gut if you've already selected each other off an app and gone to the point of meeting. I guess that depends on the individual - I think I'd worry about offending someone if I walked out. Easier to excuse yourself from some guy at a bar, but that's just me. On the other hand, if you meet a tinder date sober (to begin with) then maybe it's a better way to gauge people than mid-way through a night at the pub. Seems to me the vast majority of pub/club and tinder hook-ups go as intended. There are smart and dumb ways to go about both. But even the smartest girls/guys can run into crazy. Heck, more often the crazy doesn't rear it's head until they're well into a relationship.

"Data that police allege was retrieved from Tostee’s Sony mobile phone show he
phoned lawyer Michael Purcell just 50 seconds after a faint scream [/U]— and then nothing more — was
heard from the balcony."

MSM Link:
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...kv-1227051974029?from=gold+coast+bulletin_rss

Reading the newspapers... see links below,
it seems like Gable Tostee's parents were actually very well off (probably rich enough to pay off anything), and in the Construction Industry he worked for as a builder himself.

His father is described as Mauritius-born businessman Gray Tostee, 63,
and mother Helene Tostee, who live in a gated community at Palms Meadows Estate at Carrera
on the Gold Coast."
Link:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...a-tagpuno-wright/story-fni0cx12-1227026148418

"Mr Tostee is represented by top criminal law firm, Potts Lawyers."
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...n-the-gold-coast/story-fnj94idh-1227022231772
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...aradise-highrise/story-fnje8bkv-1227051974029
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ostees-apartment-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html

The view from the ground floor of the Avalon Apartments where Gable Tostee lived shows the desirable centrally-located Surfers Paradise address where the 28-year-old carpet layer rented a two bedroom flat

Tostee worked as a carpet layer at the Burleigh, Gold Coast World Carpets shop where his father Gray (pictured, right, in the shop) is a salesman

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ble-Tostee-s-arrest-murder.html#ixzz3DFUUX0RS

Mr Tostee's parents said they were willing to put up $200,000 as surety and ensure that he lived at their home and be subject to a curfew between 6pm and 6am to secure his bail.

His parents are offering to put up their house as surety to secure his freedom, but police are opposing bail, arguing the 28-year-old has “callous disregard for human life”.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ingernails-20140908-10e13a.html#ixzz3DFUcoPOl

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ordings-revealed/story-fnihsrf2-1227049438853

http://www.worldcarpets.com.au/about-us

RSBM

Seems absurd and horrifying doesn’t it? Total disregard for life.

As if the lawyer (or common sense) is going to say ... ‘no, don’t call an ambulance, high tail it outta there right now’.

The lawyer would have just said what he evidently said later on … ‘turn yourself in, make no comments, let us see the lay of the land before any further action’.

Just want to add to my own post ... I saw Tostee's lawyer fielding questions from reporters outside court, and was glad to hear him say ... 'please, let's not forget that a young girl has died here'. I choose not to think that was just a lawyerish act, and was glad to hear some public concern for Warriena from someone on the Tostee side.

A different look at an Avalon balcony : (
I feel very sad.
Might need to take a break.

:hug: Poss... :hug:

Much :heart: to you. I know how you feel. A few days away can help. That, and/or watching youtubes of puppies and kitties. :)

(mind you I am presently over run with real life puppies and kitties right now.. omg, my pets, so cute, Idk if I could read here as much as I do if it wasn't for their silly, furry ways)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966