Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm.......well I'm not spending $200 on the fine Mr Tostee!!! :scared: If others want to chip in I'm happy to contribute though.

Or we can wait and see what else MSM reveals........

What the heck Isis when your ready I'm in. Any other takers? Together the cheaper it will be.
Due to all the docs we had for Allison we nearly got it right.
It's good to know GBC peers through bars. Now for Tostee!
(Except for the roundabout and the koppers logs) :thinking:

It's all about trust.

What the heck Isis when your ready I'm in. Any other takers? Together the cheaper it will be.

It's all about trust.

And justice.

It's all about trust.

You can count me in, when your ready.

count me in too. We'll never hear the entirety of the tape, unless.....:D

It's all about trust.

I believe it was all organized behind the scenes in PM. I'm sure Alioop or Makara would be happy to explain how they organized it. It has changed slightly since they bought them as Auscript is now the supplier instead of Qld Courts.

Auscript is the exclusive provider of recording and transcription services to Queensland Courts.

http://www.auscript.com/justice/courts-and-tribunals/queensland-courts/

If you all have the patience, my suggestion would be to wait until the bail hearing when further info will no doubt be released.

The various media outlets have purchased the file which is obviously an "audio" document.

Courier Mail & Gold Coast Bulletin = News Ltd, Brisbane Times = Fairfax along with ABC all have it. They've then transcribed it in their own words, this is why there's the different wording in each of the reports.

If anyone does purchase it you'll need to also transcribe it. But because all those media outlets have paid for it, they're not going to pay out and not publish it so they're sure to release the entire transcript at some stage. A LOT of info has already been released, which is unusual, then again, times are a changing, albeit slowly...lol.

Thanks Marly

I thought they only had the transcripts of the audio as forensics were still going through audio. IMO its a bit silly to release the audio
before forensic have finished with it. MSM confuses me again

A forensic medical report detailing injuries sustained by Tostee has been tendered to court and audio recordings will be forensically examined.

Police documents also include a transcript of an audio recording allegedly retrieved from Mr Tostee's phone, in which the 28-year-old repeatedly asked Ms Wright to stop hitting him

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ingernails-20140908-10e13a.html#ixzz3DI5AIT8Z

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...rder-charge-weak/story-fnje8bkv-1227051069682

I'll get it. I have a linguistics degree funnily enough. Talk again when I have it. Marly, does WS require that it can only be reproduced as written word and not audio files? Can get audio professionals to look at the levels to see if it has been doctored.

I'll get it. I have a linguistics degree funnily enough. Talk again when I have it. Marly, does WS require that it can only be reproduced as written word and not audio files?

You rock, Possum!!:loveyou:

I love it when truth comes out.

I posted the legalities after the 8th sept when people were complaining about newspapers getting their hands on info - and said then that it was public information on conditions.
The only documents public at this stage are those that were filed in relation to the bail application. Those include a PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT of the audio that was supposedly taken on the night. With whatever editing was included.
As I said, you can order down all of this for a fee, but it won't be complete.
Go back and look at what I wrote, or take the time to search the court info sheets.

I'll get it. I have a linguistics degree funnily enough. Talk again when I have it. Marly, does WS require that it can only be reproduced as written word and not audio files? Can get audio professionals to look at the levels to see if it has been doctored.

I don't think there's any actual ruling on word vs audio. There's endless cases which have 911 recordings released as audio files so I doubt there'd be a problem here but I'll check with Admin anyway.

Thank you so much Nowvoyager. As there are discrepancies between the published transcripts, I would be interested to look into how this has happened. There is no way they are purely working from the same transcript, unless they are taking idiotic liberties.

<modsnip>

I was letting my mind wander about circumstances that might make a girl take a certain risk. Or more of a risk. With a mind full of sympathy and not full of accusations or excuses.

A lot of people countered that with risky and fun behaviour from whatever decade to the present and a lot of scenarios they or other had.

Fair enough.

But we must all know someone who did something risky and it went against them --- they stepped into traffic, fell off a cliff, took a drug

I don't "blame" women for being raped because of what they wear or for being drunk, nor do I "blame" women who are beaten up by the partners that supposedly love them.

What I was trying to say, is in the case of Rrie and a lot of other women, they are in the wrong place at the wrong time and let it be a caution to people.

And maybe the same with GT.

If it is proved she was murdered, then of course she was a victim, no doubt absolutely.

If it was manslaughter, a lot more comes into play - intentions, behaviour, actions and reactions. Including hers.

And no I am not justifying anything physical but please wait till we find more about how it panned out.

<modsnip>

Possum I meant to also add in my previous post...audio professionals would need to be verified with us before any of that type of thing could be posted.

Actually possum, if you don't order down a full copy of the documents (or are denied access that way), - and that can take a few days- then all you are left with is the chance to copy in your own handwriting, what was written. A few mistakes will occur in haste. A lot of this happened quickly as the bail documents, for and against, were filed at (some time) on the Friday before the bail hearing on the following Monday. The court is not open on weekends. Even after that, there would have been a lot of competition amongst newspapers for access to that material. If you do not order and pay for copies, you can only look not take scans or remove the documents to photocopy them elsewhere.
Thank you so much Nowvoyager. As there are discrepancies between the published transcripts, I would be interested to look into how this has happened. There is no way they are purely working from the same transcript, unless they are taking idiotic liberties.

Actually possum, if you don't order down a full copy of the documents (or are denied access that way), - and that can take a few days- then all you are left with is the chance to copy in your own handwriting, what was written. A few mistakes will occur in haste. A lot of this happened quickly as the bail documents, for and against, were filed at (some time) on the Friday before the bail hearing on the following Monday. The court is not open on weekends. Even after that, there would have been a lot of competition amongst newspapers for access to that material. If you do not order and pay for copies, you can only look not take scans or remove the documents to photocopy them elsewhere.

Thank you, that makes sense of the discrepancies. So you are saying the time delay between ordering and relieving the full copy of the documents meant that journos had to use shorthand from hard copies last week. If so, that would mean that the full copy purchased by The Daily Mail will be with them early in the week, would it not?

Quite likely, Poss, if they bothered to order the whole thing. They may have sucked out all what they regard as the "juice" already. Shared from/with other papers?

Thank you, that makes sense of the discrepancies. So you are saying the time delay between ordering and relieving the full copy of the documents meant that journos had to use shorthand from hard copies last week. If so, that would mean that the full copy purchased by The Daily Mail will be with them early in the week, would it not?

Count me in. I'm itching to try to transcribe too, if it comes to needing extra ears on it.
Just point me toward the pay station!

Ooohm the audio itself is not for sale, it is in police hands... and maybe an original elsewhere. But all that's available is bits of a transcript that the prosecutor's dep't thought relevant to blocking bail application.

Guys just adding in....please take any discussions about purchasing transcripts to PM (private message)so that we keep the thread open for discussions about the case itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966