Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge granted the release of the documents, GT's lawyer didn't oppose it...oh well.

But really, when you look back at the trials of Baden Clay and even Max Sica, mountains of info was released prior to trial in both those cases. All of the documents/affidavits etc in Baden Clay case were all from his bail hearing. There really was very little else brought up at trial which we hadn't heard before via media.

Good point Marly.

That's reassuring. :seeya:

Reposting this for anyone who may not have read it. From Kristi Abrahams trial when she tried applying for a judge only trial because she thought she wouldn't get a fair trial with a jury. The judge dismissed all of it and gave his reasonings. A VERY interesting paper!!

significant and widespread pre-trial publicity and Internet activity of a vile, hateful and intemperate nature about the accused - whether fair trial possible - whether trial by judge alone in the interests of justice - natural prejudice arising from nature of case - whether evidence so graphic that no jury could fail to be adversely affected - whether trial judge's directions adequate and sufficient to cure perceived or anticipated prejudice

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action/pjudg?jgmtid=165276

It appears Warriena had to fight for her life and it is all recorded. We have witnesses of the sound of furniture being thrown and Warriena will have his skin under her nails.

It's horrible isn't it Poss to think a man can tackle a woman to the floor and think that's acceptable behaviour.

What happened to the generation where a man felt more of a man when he could protect a woman?
Was it when our sisters burnt their bras?
I believe men and women can complete each other.
My hubby and I know he is stronger than me, he's never had to prove it!

It appears Warriena had to fight for her life and it is all recorded. We have witnesses of the sound of furniture being thrown and Warriena will have his skin under her nails.

It's horrible isn't it Poss to think a man can tackle a woman to the floor and think that's acceptable behaviour.

What happened to the generation where a man felt more of a man when he could protect a woman?
Was it when our sisters burnt their bras?
I believe men and women can complete each other.
My hubby and I know he is stronger than me, he's never had to prove it!

When I was a teenager there were still places with relics of shagpile carpet in them ... a man made device to muffle the sound that age old tackling instinct, methinks.

The judge granted the release of the documents, GT's lawyer didn't oppose it...oh well.

But really, when you look back at the trials of Baden Clay and even Max Sica, mountains of info was released prior to trial in both those cases. All of the documents/affidavits etc in Baden Clay case were all from his bail hearing. There really was very little else brought up at trial which we hadn't heard before via media.

Perhaps in these instances their lawyers were morally opposed to their clients being bailed, and saw a good public shaming as the best prophylactic. Lawyers are human too.

Perhaps in these instances their lawyers were morally opposed to their clients being bailed, and saw a good public shaming as the best prophylactic. Lawyers are human too.

Yes .. as I said before, I liked the way his lawyer reminded the media that a young woman had died in this case. And I still find it unusual that his lawyer did not bring up the autism angle and work it. Instead he has had to go away now and 'research' it. He is from a top law firm, it is hard to imagine that they did not do their job fully and completely prior to the bail hearing. They had a month to prep for it, didn't they? Jail may be quietly deemed to be the best and safest place for Tostee. But they can't talk Tostee out of not applying for bail.

Just wondering, can Tostee apply for residency at his parents country of origin if he gets released? Name change and move to a new country would be his only chance at a life after this.

Just wondering, can Tostee apply for residency at his parents country of origin if he gets released? Name change and move to a new country would be his only chance at a life after this.

Tostee may have some trouble with that option, even if he was eligible, given his criminal past. This is part of the requirement to get a residence permit in Mauritius:

A morality certiticate that they ask for is a police clearance from your country of birth to show you have no criminal convictions.

http://www.info-mauritius.com/forum...esidence-permit-doubts-and-news-t7430-10.html

2:22am: Male states – Where the f... are my keys
2:23am: F... F... F...
Male states – 'Oh my god' Sounds of getting dressed. Pulling jeans up. Belt etc.
2:25am: Sound of metallic screwing or unscrewing

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...police-transcript-tostee-murder-trial/5731322

Just another alternate theory to throw in the mix re: the metallic screwing sound - a keyring usb flash drive like this one?
MetallicUSB.jpg

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

You rock, CampChair!! :lol:

I wanna subscribe, is it free or am I a member without realising it already?

1) yep I's a sloot
2) check built-in support bra
3) Kenmore roundabout upside down & inside out!

I think we're in!:sigh
:laughing:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems like everyone's a sloot around here!!! :floorlaugh:

The brahs would have a field day - if only they had the cajones to handle it!!! :lol:

When does Tostee go to court next?

I'll put in my calendar with a 'oh happy day' ringtone.

MSM has gone very quiet, hasn't it?

I think the trial's going to be a doozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018