Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO as he says he absolutely did not throw her. But he had the opportunity and enough time to force, lift and release R'rie over with her back to the rail, slam the door and create doubt as to whether he was on the balcony.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...leged-recordings/story-e6frfkp9-1227053364751

Exactly and the downstairs witness to her feet dangling and the police re-enactment.. the truth will be found & justice for Warriena!:jail:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11367448

Hi, I'm at the Gold Coast. Had a scout around the places of interest today. A local who runs rental and residential high rise appartments mentioned this case today. She said "we even had some guy drop a girl off his balcony." Interesting use of words. Went to Avalon but only as far as the curb. Located the pizza place, took in the vibe ... Listening To very loud waves now. Bliss.

Avalon.jpg

Pop over to Avalon will you Poss and see if Tostee's apartment has 1 or 2 sliders. lol.

Um, I posed the photos from when his apartment was up for rent in an earlier thread. The balcony doors here from the main area are designed so both doors have to meet in the exact middle before you latch them. The doors need a good hard slide using one hand on each, otherwise they bounce apart, and they are very heavy! All achievable with Wrie over his shoulder and phone in his mouth... If his doors were the same. Was reading an article a few days where a girl said he was very confident* and would throw girls over his shoulder in his appartment. Am posting from iPhone so too painful to locate that.
Walking around the area they met, there are a lot of very expensive stores ... Prada ... Louis Vuitton ... Not that we can be sure the exact way they walked, or even if Wrie looked at the shops. But I can see now how GT could have impressed women who weren't from the area with where he was located. From memory he liked to say he had rich parents. My feelings about this case became much more ominous. To cross over to Avalon is to cross a very busy crazy street and you would feel quite removed from it all. I can see GT crossing same street afterwards and feeling removed, in a different reality. Walked over and got to Avalon just before the sun started to go down. Went via the tallest building that Wrie had apparently visited.

*socially anxious =/= drinking water in nightclubs, throwing girls over your shoulder etc
His stupid psychological excuses are going to come back and bite him

Yes I do remember the photo you posted.

My comment was more tongue in cheek.

But, your on the spot reporting does give a clearer visual picture.

ie weight of doors, locks ... Tostee's ability to manipulate the situation given he had forewarned Rrie he was going to walk her out and slam the door.

How did you feel being out front of those apartments?

Thanks for your thoughts and observations.

Hey Poss I remember those pics & I'll try to find them.

This is a pic of the Avalon and the doors above the blue tent where Warriena landed appear to be the double sliding doors. See them opened?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 108
Yes I do remember the photo you posted.

My comment was more tongue in cheek.

But, your on the spot reporting does give a clearer visual picture.

ie weight of doors, locks ... Tostee's ability to manipulate the situation given he had forewarned Rrie he was going to walk her out and slam the door.

How did you feel being out front of those apartments?

Thanks for your thoughts and observations.

After the impression of so much shiny in the area, the tallest building, the street market with reptiles on display, the teen to twenty something girls out prowling while groups of young men sat on pub verandas drinking together ... I felt that Wrie had put herself in a very vulnerable position going up there. If he hadn't kept plying her with phenomenally strong alcohol though, I am sure she could have gotten herself out of there relatively easily. So sad. I doubt that she knew that GT was just a sicko tradesman when he walked her up there. So many better things she could have been doing.

I feel sad.

Possy, thanks for these insights. Are you on a holiday? I hope you have a nice time and plenty of beach.

Don't be sad. Take a deep breath (of sea air, if possible) and think of the things you have to be grateful for right now. It never fails to pull me out of the sads over a case.

Beachfront ground floor beautiful spot with crimsafe screens 5km from Avalon. Breathing and listening to the rolling pounding surf. Special

You have many cyber friends loving you and wishing you a wonderful break. Take care our sweet poss.
TGYxx

I reckon he took her out there, and dangled her off the edge facing outward from the building. Then *possibly* went inside to watch what happened next.

Just trying to extrapolate a sense of the timing, via recording + witness statement:

'I heard a girl say "I just, I just want to go home, please let me go home " and she was quite scared,' Ms Ellis said in the re-enactment for Gold Coast detectives.

Emily Ellis saw Ms Wright's 'legs dangling' from above in the Avalon Apartments (pictured)and then said, 'Oh God, she's coming over'

'We were trying to look out. We said 'it's right above us, there's something going on right above us here" ... because you could hear her. she was trying to get away, there was a lot of movement.

'We were trying to see what was going on and because of what we could hear I looked over and as I looked over ... I've said to Ryan ... "Oh God, she's coming over, she's coming over the balcony".

'I've said to [Ryan] "I don't, l don't know what, what is she doing? Like I don't know what she's doing".

'Cause I couldn't work out the logic of why she was the way she was. All I could see, cause I'm quite short ... I could see the bottom of her feet.

'I couldn't work out what why or what she was doing ... and she wasn't gripping either, she wasn't on a ledge, so um her feet were dangling. I couldn't work out, is she trying to get down, or was she trying to get somewhere else?

'And then by the time I've tried to work out what she was doing, was she trying to get down to another level or where she was going, um, she was gone, she'd fallen, she, there was just shock in her voice.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ss-saw-feet-dangling-above.html#ixzz3KgzlV8WN

2.18.46am: Still laboured breathing sounds. Breathing slows. Male, 'Let it go.'

2.19.35am: Sound of something dropping (metallic).

2.19am: Movement and rustling and sounds of female calling out. Sound consistent with door unlocking. ((((I question this))) Female states, 'No'. Possible sound of glass door being hit.

2.20.46am: Male: 'Who the *advertiser censored** do you think you are? Hey?' Female: 'No, no, no. No! No no no.'

Male: 'You tried to kill me huh? Well, why did you try and hit me with that. Huh? Shut your filthy mouth.'

Female: 'No, no, no, no, no. (screaming).'

Male: 'It is all on recording you know. It is all being recorded.

Female: 'No no no no no no no no no no no no. Just let me go home.'

Male: 'I would but you have been a bad girl.' Sound of door sliding shut. (((I question this)))

2.20am: 'Just let me go home. Just let me go home.' Last words of 'just let me go home'. Male - heavy breathing. Faint scream detected.

2.21.23am: Very heavy breathing from male.

2.21.50am: Male makes call to lawyer Mick Purcell. Call made from handset. '(Expletive).' Call not connected.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-plus-happened-afterwards.html#ixzz3Kh11bOQJ

I reckon these two bits of information come together to show Tostee was indeed out on the balcony with Rrie. AND that he likely dangled her over the edge, face out, leaving her hanging by her hands.

At no stage does the witness say she saw Rrie doing anything that resembled "climbing". She also heard a struggle immediately before Rrie's legs appeared.

Gabriele Collyer - Wiedner
* Lives in the apartment directly below Tostee
* Phone 000 after the fall.

* She was woken about 2 am to what sounded like furniture crashing on the floor.
* After a little time there was a really loud bang from the unit above. It sounded like something really heavy dropping on the floor.
* A short time later she heard a female person shout no, no, no
* She stepped onto the balcony and observed two legs wearing dark clothing, dangling down.
* The legs appeared from the balcony directly above.
* In a matter of seconds I saw the person fall from the balcony above mine.
* She observed the person fall from the balcony above and strike her balcony.
* The person did not say anything and neither did I.
* I screamed when the person fell and I think she did as well.
* The person did not say anything and neither did I.

This is info in both article combined.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-fall-from-gable-tostees-unit/story-fnihsrf2-

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...ise/story-fnje8bkv-12270519740291227051950766

Given the the prosecution appear to be going with it appears the likely scenario Tostee was not on the balcony when Rrie fell, but are still going for murder.
I am trying to consider how Tostee could have got back behind that door (if in fact the door did really slam shut).

Tostee drags Rrie toward the balcony.

Rrie - screaming no, no, no, no.... Just let me go home.

Tostee - I would but you have been a bad girl.

Door slams shut.

Could it be possible he forced and lifted her up and over the railing and left her in a sitting type position, turned and slammed the door.

R'rie - Let me go home ................Let me go home.

Rrie panicked and intoxicated attempts to slide herself down the glass on to the ledge outside the balcony.
Ms Ellis said "Is she trying to get down or trying to get somewhere else."

Rrie loses her footing and grip and falls in seconds.

* She observed the person fall from the balcony above and strike her balcony.

^ Oh my stars. That poor girl. And poor Warriena!

SSC, that sounds like a pretty reasonable argument as to what happened. Personally I think he dangled her over, as there's a slight overhang of balcony to below (from what I can see) and so to be visible from below, flat against the building and feet-out -- IMO, she would have be hanging there - and he'd have to be holding her arms. But in any case, it's a terrifying, revolting situation he put her in.

If there's a jury in the country who'll believe he was NOT out that balcony with her at some point, and that he did NOT exert some force on her of some kind *immediately* before she fell, then ... I don't know. My faith in humanity gets pretty low, sometimes.

I agree Ausgirl.
My opinion is he was on the balcony and had hold of Rrie immediately before she fell.
But with it being said by the prosecution that he was inside when she fell, I am just trying to consider other possibilities.

Rrie's phone in his pocket ..... not a lot has been reported about that.

Going to be interesting when/if he gives his version of why R'rie's phone was in his pocket.

*especially* as he tells her, ON the tape, that it's "on the balcony"!!!

I agree, it's good to look at all angles. I am REALLY curious as to what conclusions the police reached, after dangling that extremely brave policewoman over the balcony.

Imagine coming home from work after that. "So.. how was your day?" .. "Well... " LOL. Bless 'em, the cops these days are so on the ball, and seem to be going those extra yards more often, to get to the truth of things. My faith in our cops, in general, has vastly improved this past ten years or so. Let's hope they see to it that this so-and-so is put away for a good long while.

Curious alright - charged with murder about a week later from memory.

We know there is one witness on the balcony directly below Tostee and 3 on the balcony below that.

What else did they hear?

It was report early on from memory that police believe that the phone was not the original recording devise.

Two minutes for the police to arrive at the scene after Collyer -Wiedners call.

I am thinking a call was made before hers. Maybe another witness. Because that is a rapid response time.

My thoughts on the loud crash is the outdoor furniture overturning onto the tiled balcony. If Warriena held onto something as she was forced towards the railing, that's exactly what I'd do. I can't find the photos Possy posted but I recall the furniture was the black aluminium frame with the glass table top. "Let it go!"

^ Some additional thoughts.. based on Tostee's prior manipulation of the course of conversation ( the "where's my money" slip-up, where he gets his scripts mixed up, for example...) I gotta wonder if all that "you were trying kill me" stuff was for the benefit of the tape... though something 'metallic' is heard dropping afterwards.

Hey, did anyone notice a re-enactment pic, which has a pile of weights sitting on the bed?

This pic shows the height and the way one man is standing as Tostee would have I'd he held Warriena over and the other is leaning over looking upward as the bottom neighbour would. Look how wide the concrete ledge really is.
How would Warriena possibly hold on IF she was facing outward and her feet be seen? What, somehow twist her arms backwards and up to hold onto the glass section?? If that's the case then surely there would be her fingerprints showing what direction she 1) climbed over 2) which was she was hanging on. IMO opinion Tostee being a 'weightlifting type of guy', definitely held her over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics