Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>
Still looking to see if I can find approx. measurements. In the meantime quite a few images at this R/E link.

1404 &#8216;Avalon&#8217; 4 Wahroonga Place, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217 - Listing history: 6 May, 2013
Read more at http://www.homehound.com.au/listing...urfers-paradise-qld-4217/#AgPQ5WlAPcMJ1Hgt.99

"Gable Tostee was renting Apartment 1404 in the Avalon building (above, left) when he met Warriena Wright in the Surfers Paradise Beer Garden and then went back to his flat and she fell."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-Warriena-Wright.html#ixzz3OCoh0mnO

poss.jpg

The bedroom sliding door is really close to the balcony. I wonder what sound it would make if being shut?

View attachment 66944

The bedroom sliding door is really close to the balcony. I wonder what sound it would make if being shut?

Wow, I haven't seen this image previously... but... you have enlightened me -- the sound of sliding door in the alleged transcript may not be the balcony door at all?!!!!? My interest levels are now piquing. :)

<modsnip>

There must be building plans somewhere for this block to find out the size of the rooms.

I'm suspicious about the rationale that GT presents when he thought that putting Rrie on the Balcony was the best option. Logically, it is not. Especially if he was so concerned for his safety :gaah:
The reasons he gives about his decisions sound more like an after event 'Excuse' - which he then contradicts by not ringing security, or the Police when it was known to him that Rrie had gone over the balcony.
He had no intention of ringing the Police to either eject Rrie from his apartment or to the fact that she had gone over the balcony.

No - he had decided to not let her go out the front door at all.

Source - read more...
“I would but you have been a bad girl,”

OOps sorry Marly, I changed the post but didn't realize you had replied :) Thank-you.

I also have another thought regarding him allegedly looking to the balcony and seeing Rrie before she disappeared.
How reflective is glass when looking from the inside out at night?
Glass reacts like a mirror - not something you can see through easily.
I really do wonder about the quality of the vision beyond the glass from an interior view.
In some photos taken from the units interior looking out during the day you can see the reflective surface of the glass I am talking about - at night, this reflection can be more pronounced and very hard to see through.
If he did see Warriena 'disappear whilst he was inside - where was he situated in the unit? It would have to be somewhere he could have seen through the glass without interior reflection interfering to see her clearly in the blackness of the night.
Or was the door open and not shut.
Are the glass panels tinted - even slightly?
I hope the police looked at this angle of investigation or re-enacted where GT was in the units interior (when he saw Rrie) under the same lighting conditions at the same time of night - even the outside nightscape would be different.

Just some thoughts..
BBM "Or was the door open and not shut."

I've actually been wondering about this. Just because the door appeared to have been closed and he went inside there's nothing to say that he was or wasn't out there on the balcony the whole time. Sound momentarily stifled to give the appearance that he had gone inside perhaps?. imo

"Female: “No, no, no, no, no. (screaming).”

Male: “It is all on recording you know. It is all being recorded. Female: “Just let me go home.” Male: “I would but you have been a bad girl.” Sound of door sliding shut."

http://www.news.com.au/national/war...leged-recordings/story-e6frfkp9-1227053364751

I've actually been wondering about this. Just because the door appeared to have been closed and he went inside there's nothing to say that he was or wasn't out there on the balcony the whole time. Sound momentarily stifled to give the appearance that he had gone inside perhaps?. imo

"Female: &#8220;No, no, no, no, no. (screaming).&#8221;

Male: &#8220;It is all on recording you know. It is all being recorded. Female: &#8220;Just let me go home.&#8221; Male: &#8220;I would but you have been a bad girl.&#8221; Sound of door sliding shut."

http://www.news.com.au/national/war...leged-recordings/story-e6frfkp9-1227053364751

So he had clearly not forgotten the recorder was on.
It seems then that what ever is on the recording he wanted there.
He was able to ruffle, scuffle, mute and pause when it suited him.
He knew he had to slam a door he had already said that in his run -down of what he was going to do.
The transcript says sound of door shutting.
There are 3 doors in very close proximity.
Just maybe he had thought it through . IMO

So he had clearly not forgotten the recorder was on.
It seems then that what ever is on the recording he wanted there.
He was able to ruffle, scuffle, mute and pause when it suited him.
He knew he had to slam a door he had already said that in his run -down of what he was going to do.
The transcript says sound of door shutting.
There are 3 doors in very close proximity.
Just maybe he had thought it through . IMO

Agreed!
It is sounding very calculated - even detailed.

View attachment 66944

Wow, I haven't seen this image previously... but... you have enlightened me -- the sound of sliding door in the alleged transcript may not be the balcony door at all?!!!!? My interest levels are now piquing. :)

"Female: &#8220;No, no, no, no, no. (screaming).&#8221;

Male: &#8220;It is all on recording you know. It is all being recorded. Female: &#8220;Just let me go home.&#8221; Male: &#8220;I would but you have been a bad girl.&#8221; Sound of door sliding shut."

Wow, sosocurious this is good stuff. I'm curious now as well what the bedroom door sounds like when being closed or opened.

I think everything he does is calculated in some shape or form.
I agree. As if Rrie, in her terrified state, would be in the least bit concerned about whether or not it was "all being recorded". :rolleyes:

I agree. As if Rrie, in her terrified state, would be in the least bit concerned about whether or not it was "all being recorded". :rolleyes:

Right? It sounded so ridiculous when he said that! He's choking her, she's begging for mercy, screaming and crying to go home and he says "this is all being recorded!" Ummm.....???

ITA, it certainly is sounding very calculated indeed. imo

BBM - Male: &#8220;It is all on recording you know. It is all being recorded."

Just with you highlighting that one piece, I get the impression that the tape was more than just for his own 'security' purposes - he sounds like he is well versed in psychologically blackmailing her with the recording - are there other recordings with the same intention laced somewhere through the dialogue that he has used on other dates?
If the Police are interviewing other women associated with Tostee we might hear something from them in this regard in the future.

Saying to someone &#8220;It is all on recording you know. It is all being recorded" is weird enough, but it puts him in position of power as well as potentially threatening her under the circumstances.
I'd say by the time that he said that to Rrie, he was in 'power play mode' - do as I say or suffer the consequences.
Whether it was to degrade her on Tinder, or shut her about about revealing his behaviour, or to get her to become more submissive - he was a weak man with a recording device who was manipulating the situation.

Yep. I cant imagine her fear.
She called 'murder'- as she was right to do so.
His recording of the incident backfired spectacularly.

Yep. I cant imagine her fear.
She called 'murder'- as she was right to do so.
His recording of the incident backfired spectacularly.

BBM1 Such eerie foreshadowing and she didn't even realize it. :(

BBM2 Yep!

It appears to me that he was having difficulty keeping his story straight when he was telling his father his version of what happened. imo - (some excerpts from one of the calls below) BBM

"THE PHONE CALL"

3.23am: Makes phone call. &#8220;Hello dad. I might have a bit of a situation.

It was cos she was really drunk and whatever and I like forced her out on the balcony and I think that she might have jumped off.&#8221;

I just chucked her out on the balcony and locked the door

&#8220;Then when I let her go the last thing I remember was she was on the balcony and I don&#8217;t know if she jumped or what, I don&#8217;t know.

Last thing that I remember was that I tried holding her down and she ran out on to my balcony. I hope I just imagined it.&#8221;

3.52am: I might have locked her out on my balcony cos there is like a lock. I can&#8217;t remember what I did

There must be building plans somewhere for this block to find out the size of the rooms.

I'm suspicious about the rationale that GT presents when he thought that putting Rrie on the Balcony was the best option. Logically, it is not. Especially if he was so concerned for his safety :gaah:
The reasons he gives about his decisions sound more like an after event 'Excuse' - which he then contradicts by not ringing security, or the Police when it was known to him that Rrie had gone over the balcony.
He had no intention of ringing the Police to either eject Rrie from his apartment or to the fact that she had gone over the balcony.

No - he had decided to not let her go out the front door at all.

Source - read more...
BBM

:yes: - ITA!

It appears to me that he was having difficulty keeping his story straight when he was telling his father his version of what happened. imo - (some excerpts from one of the calls below) BBM

"THE PHONE CALL"

Good round up there enzeder.
3.52am: I might have locked her out on my balcony cos there is like a lock. I can&#8217;t remember what I did

Don't worry GT, It is all on recording you know. It was all being recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmb9201