Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SA

Ive got some Koala mittens made and now onto possum pouches.
They need all the help they can get atm :(

Great Amee! You're already onto it. :)
I'm dragging out the sewing machine too. So quick and easy, and so needed. I'm sure they could be very easily hand-sewn too. They are not going to get a lot of rough treatment, just used for coverings.

Still looking to see if I can find approx. measurements. In the meantime quite a few images at this R/E link.

1404 ‘Avalon’ 4 Wahroonga Place, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217 - Listing history: 6 May, 2013
Read more at http://www.homehound.com.au/listing...urfers-paradise-qld-4217/#AgPQ5WlAPcMJ1Hgt.99

"Gable Tostee was renting Apartment 1404 in the Avalon building (above, left) when he met Warriena Wright in the Surfers Paradise Beer Garden and then went back to his flat and she fell."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-Warriena-Wright.html#ixzz3OCoh0mnO

Looking at those images of his unit on homehound site, I just hope & pray that on one of those distant balconies in the background, a lone smoker with eagle eyes & good ears sat quietly in the dark & saw/heard something.

Good round up there enzeder.
3.52am: I might have locked her out on my balcony cos there is like a lock. I can’t remember what I did

Don't worry GT, It is all on recording you know. It was all being recorded.
BBM - "Don't worry GT, It is all on recording you know. It was all being recorded."

Lol FigTree - yes, and just as well too!.

"I hope I just imagined it.” - "I can’t remember what I did"
http://www.news.com.au/national/war...leged-recordings/story-e6frfkp9-1227053364751

Thanks SA

O/T .... Just want to share this article here, posted by gregjrichards on another thread. Really easy to do, pieces of old or new cotton, one seam, pattern in the article (no knitting req'd, despite title of article), and very much needed by our koalas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-South-Australia-Victoria.html#ixzz3ODELzyOi

Y'all are awesome. My heart hurts thinking about the poor little things trying to get away by crossing hot roads...awww jeez :tears:

I think everything he does is calculated in some shape or form.

Pretty much been thinking this same thing, from thread 1 onwards. But he's so socially inept and self-involved that he can't see when he's doing himself a disservice.

Just with you highlighting that one piece, I get the impression that the tape was more than just for his own 'security' purposes - he sounds like he is well versed in psychologically blackmailing her with the recording - are there other recordings with the same intention laced somewhere through the dialogue that he has used on other dates?
If the Police are interviewing other women associated with Tostee we might hear something from them in this regard in the future.

Saying to someone “It is all on recording you know. It is all being recorded" is weird enough, but it puts him in position of power as well as potentially threatening her under the circumstances.
I'd say by the time that he said that to Rrie, he was in 'power play mode' - do as I say or suffer the consequences.
Whether it was to degrade her on Tinder, or shut her about about revealing his behaviour, or to get her to become more submissive - he was a weak man with a recording device who was manipulating the situation.

Bold 1: I would not fall off my chair in shock, if there was. In fact, quite the opposite.

B2: I agree 100%.

B3: He was and still is a weak man. With or without his recording device.

If attorneys are changed in the middle of the case, the former attorney's work is transferred over to the client or the client's new lawyer. Moreover, unless a continuance is granted by the court, the change in attorneys does not in any way alter the client's case. Deadlines and scheduled court dates remain the same and all communications should be sent to the new lawyer.

In order to postpone the case when there is a change of attorneys in the middle of the case, the court must grant a continuance. The decision rests in the discretion of the court and will likely be influenced by several factors such as the circumstances surrounding the change in attorney, the effect of delay on the other party, and the public interest in an efficient judicial system.

http://research.lawyers.com/changing-attorneys-mid-case.html

There is a question on the site at this link that asks how many times can a defendant dismiss his defense attorney, probably in an attempt to delay prosecution.

A legal answer supplied says that a criminal defendant does not have the right to delay trial indefinitely. The court will look at the reasons for changing lawyers, whether or not the defendant has been in ongoing custody, whether the defendant cooperated with his counsel .... (and maybe whether the defendant tried to influence people by proclaiming his innocence all over social media?? :gaah:)

http://ask.metafilter.com/251506/How-many-times-can-a-defendant-fire-his-defense-attorney

Pretty much been thinking this same thing, from thread 1 onwards. But he's so socially inept and self-involved that he can't see when he's doing himself a disservice.

:yes:

Thanks SA

These are so close to my heart people, thanks for sharing that. I'm stuck in the hospital and can't do a thing. Breaks my heart.

ETA: I could hand sew them! Brilliant suggestion, I'm on it. And I have a stockpile of possum pouches I can send on.

It stuck me that it will be difficult case for the prosecution in relation to murder if he wasn't on the balcony at the time the judge said. Adding that assessment depended on evidence of what occurred immediately before Ms Wright was locked on the balcony.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...051245753?nk=e9c5c402643241c268827342f64f1870

Immediately before she was locked - Tostee may regret having attended to that small detail.
What will the assessment of evidence show occurred immediately before he locked that door?
IMO he was in control and certainly was not fighting for breath or his life.

3rd lawyer so quickly too.

Adding in a reminder thanks guys...

We don't allow copy/paste from blogs, other forums or social media unless it's MSM (main stream media) or police.

We're also not allowing discussions about GT's "story". If it comes up in media reports then it will be fine to discuss it.

These are so close to my heart people, thanks for sharing that. I'm stuck in the hospital and can't do a thing. Breaks my heart.

ETA: I could hand sew them! Brilliant suggestion, I'm on it. And I have a stockpile of possum pouches I can send on.

Hope you are up and about real soon Poss

Feel better poss, I'm so sorry to hear you're in the hospital. :(

And for hand sewing koala mittens while in the hospital: :blowkiss:

It stuck me that it will be difficult case for the prosecution in relation to murder if he wasn't on the balcony at the time the judge said. Adding that assessment depended on evidence of what occurred immediately before Ms Wright was locked on the balcony.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...051245753?nk=e9c5c402643241c268827342f64f1870

Immediately before she was locked - Tostee may regret having attended to that small detail.
What will the assessment of evidence show occurred immediately before he locked that door?
IMO he was in control and certainly was not fighting for breath.

3rd lawyer so quickly too.

I just hope the prosecution doesn't overcharge and he walks because the jury didn't have the option to convict on a lesser charge, like manslaughter. Just keeping the faith that they have the evidence needed for the murder charge, but I'm still nervous, not going to lie.

I just hope the prosecution doesn't overcharge and he walks because the jury didn't have the option to convict on a lesser charge, like manslaughter. Just keeping the faith that they have the evidence needed for the murder charge, but I'm still nervous, not going to lie.

I think they'll reduce the charge if they don't think they have the evidence or a strong enough precedent to lean on. There is always time for that, further down the road.

I have wondered if Tostee's previous lawyers wanted him to plead guilty to a lesser charge, and that led to the parting of their relationships.

I reckon the police must have a pretty good case, they don't throw a murder charge at someone without good evidence, and they arrested him after they did the forensics of the apartment and the re-enactment over the balcony. It is just that we won't know what they have until the trial. But the lawyers have a good idea of what they have .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic