Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say HI, have read nearly all of thread #4 and am also looking forward to Monday. I read this case with very fresh eyes as I've not heard of it at all prior to last week. I listened to the audio and the whole way through thought this was just going to be a tragic accident fuelled by alcohol (and drugs?). My opinion was swayed in the final moments as I heard Warriena screaming 'no no no' (lost count of how many times). Not by the screaming itself but by the reaction to the screaming and then the apparent lack of reaction to her demise by Gable Tostee. It will be interesting to see how a jury reacts to the evidence. Also just wondering if Tostee has described how Warriena climbed over the balcony?

Interesting to note home distillation is illegal in Australia. I wonder if this will be another charge tacked on to GT's charge sheet.

The contents of the moonshine will be very interesting. Even if he drained it prior to police arriving, Warriena's toxicology report will show what it contained.It will also be very interesting to hear if any of his 150 women have come forward. Perhaps some of those women were also plied with his moonshine.

If you're not a licensed excise manufacturer you must have permission to buy, import, manufacture, dispose of, possess, own or sell a still unless it:
only has a capacity of five litres or less, and
will not be used to distil alcohol.

Otherwise you'll need to apply to us for permission for a still

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Excise-and-excise-equivalent-goods/Distillation-equipment/

Interesting to note home distillation is illegal in Australia. I wonder if this will be another charge tacked on to GT's charge sheet.

The contents of the moonshine will be very interesting. Even if he drained it prior to police arriving, Warriena's toxicology report will show what it contained.It will also be very interesting to hear if any of his 150 women have come forward. Perhaps some of those women were also plied with his moonshine.

If you're not a licensed excise manufacturer you must have permission to buy, import, manufacture, dispose of, possess, own or sell a still unless it:
only has a capacity of five litres or less, and
will not be used to distil alcohol.

Otherwise you'll need to apply to us for permission for a still

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Excise-and-excise-equivalent-goods/Distillation-equipment/

BBM: Now that is an interesting thought. If he did drain it, it could be the unscrewing sound we read about ... or he could have unscrewed the top off bottles of the potent vodka and tipped them away. Or screwed the top onto a bottle and put it away.

Plus there is this ...

A drink to die for? Avoiding methanol poisoning (methanol can be a by-product of some home-stilled alcohol)
http://www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2013/09/10/3845522.htm

And, it seems that stills can be dangerous. Think 'fire department' ... 'gas leak'.

NEVER distill indoors
Control alcohol vapor
Keep a fire extinguisher handy

http://www.clawhammersupply.com/blo...10-most-important-safety-tips-for-moonshiners

enzeder, enzeder! Sorry, I believe I've been guilty of misspelling your name before. :blushing:
Nooo problem Snoods!. You're not the first one to do that and I'm sure you wont be the last lol. :)

BBM: Now that is an interesting thought. If he did drain it, it could be the unscrewing sound we read about ... or he could have unscrewed the top off bottles of the potent vodka and tipped them away. Or screwed the top onto a bottle and put it away.

Plus there is this ...

A drink to die for? Avoiding methanol poisoning (methanol can be a by-product of some home-stilled alcohol)
http://www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2013/09/10/3845522.htm

And, it seems that stills can be dangerous. Think 'fire department' ... 'gas leak'.

NEVER distill indoors
Control alcohol vapor
Keep a fire extinguisher handy

http://www.clawhammersupply.com/blo...10-most-important-safety-tips-for-moonshiners
BBM - :facepalm:

Just had a thought - I wonder if he ever drank his own moonshine?. Maybe he always poured himself store bought liquor when 'entertaining' and his female guests got the rocket fuel?.

Ms Frost was back before the courts last month accused of sending messages threatening that council employees should “have their loved ones shot”.

Court documents reveal Ms Frost was physically removed from a Bond lecture, “kicking and screaming and yelling” before being arrested and “dragged” to a police car.

Ms Frost launched a wide- reaching appeal on grounds including she was medically unfit, that the magistrate interfered in the case and, incredibly, accusing the court of an “underlying mob mentality of prejudice and sexism” because everyone in the court was male.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...criminal-lawyers/story-fnj90t7b-1227180127738

Vicious dog: not her fault! Animal rights!
Bad behaviour: not her fault! Medical reasons! Corruption! And sexists, oh my!

Is there something in the water up there or what?

Ms Frost was back before the courts last month accused of sending messages threatening that council employees should “have their loved ones shot”.

Court documents reveal Ms Frost was physically removed from a Bond lecture, “kicking and screaming and yelling” before being arrested and “dragged” to a police car.

Ms Frost launched a wide- reaching appeal on grounds including she was medically unfit, that the magistrate interfered in the case and, incredibly, accusing the court of an “underlying mob mentality of prejudice and sexism” because everyone in the court was male.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...criminal-lawyers/story-fnj90t7b-1227180127738

Vicious dog: not her fault! Animal rights!
Bad behaviour: not her fault! Medical reasons! Corruption! And sexists, oh my!

Is there's something in the water up there or what?
Oh brother :facepalm:

I remember this individual from earlier in the case. (FB)

Things really took a nasty turn on that night when he sexually assaulted/raped the victim - "that really hurt my vagina" followed by the sinister snicker - IMO that is when she really felt she was in grave danger - Tostee turned nasty and violent very quickly too - his fragile ego took a hit when she derided him as a ****** - probably hit a little close to home &#65533;&#65533; - he then become very violent strangling and choking her as she basically submitted to preserve her life - Everything GT says on that video lacks credibility as he knows he is being recorded he is positioning the listener - IMO victim never attempted to hit him this was a complete invention or fabrication to cover his arse - she probably had the phone in her hand threatening to call a sister/police and that is what he wanted her to let go of (it was in his possession IIRC) - metallic encased iPhone on tiles makes that clunky metallic noise we hear. <modsnip>. Real men don't ply vulnerable women with liquor (home made too the tightwad wouldn't even buy a nice drop), deprive them of their liberty, invite them into their homes to mock, sneer and degrade them, rape them, covertly record them, rate them on a 10 point scale (I did that when I was 12 hahah), seek the approval of other repressed brahs, strangle them, tackle them, terrify them and kill them (directly as I suspect or indirectly). Real men don't run run away like a child caught stealing lollies, casually order ummmm a slice of supreme pizza when their date has plunged to their death (flight indicating guilt). Real men don't run to Daddy to sort out their problems.

From article:

"It is understood a complaint from one legal team has been lodged against Ms Frost and her involvement with governing body the Legal Services Commission.
The LSC yesterday acknowledged the complaint but refused to comment."

The Legal Profession Act 2007 requires the Commission to assess complaints about the conduct of legal practitioners and law practice employees as either consumer disputes or conduct complaints.

Consumer disputes might be about:
lack of communication or rudeness
delays
costs
liens (a legal practitioner&#8217;s right to keep a client&#8217;s property until he or she pays the legal practitioner&#8217;s fees and disbursements)

Unsatisfactory professional conduct complaints might be about:
poor service
a failure to comply with an undertaking
a failure to adequately supervise an employee such as a conveyancing clerk
threatening, abusive or offensive language
failure to follow instructions (due to poor communication, for example).

Professional misconduct complaints might be about:
consistent or substantial unsatisfactory professional conduct
fraud or misappropriation
gross overcharging
gross negligence
conflicts of interest
acting contrary to instructions
misleading or dishonest conduct whether in or outside court.

https://www.lsc.qld.gov.au/complaints/types-of-complaints

I notice that someone on another forum is predicting (in their ever-changing siggy) that Tostee may get an acquittal or minimal jail time if he does not have any $$ for a proper defence. :hilarious:

After blowing through who-knows-how-much-money for not one, not two, but three defence lawyers, I'm sure the court will be happy for him to be defended by a Legal Aid lawyer (who may or may not end up being a top lawyer).

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthre...ircumstances&p=3587584&viewfull=1#post3587584

Like attracts like, what? :thinking:

Really interested in the complaint from the legal team.

A few people I've talked to have mentioned a sort of similarity of GT to Joran van der Sloot (who murdered Natalee Holloway)---yeah no kidding with the reference to "sloots" but also sharing a cold demeanour, playboy image, and having a Daddy who enabled them.

GT had had the best top criminal defence lawyers working on his case from the very beginning and for reasons unbeknownst to us, he has changed law firms twice now.
If this J Frost is the reason as to why this has happened, it would seem that GT taking on her advice may be to his detriment. Well, in case it does not work out with this new law firm he is now with, there are plenty around to choose from still. There are 148 defence lawyers (law firms) listed in the state of Queensland when I did a search with Yellowpages. 72 in Brisbane. So he won't be running out of options just yet. Assuming that money is not an issue that is. Interesting months ahead.

PS. Get well soon Possumheart, sorry to hear you were in hospital.

Dog owner denies death threats to Gold Coast council employees
DECEMBER 02, 2014: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...ouncil-employees/story-fnj94idh-1227141372354

"The council alleges Frost sent messages to the council&#8217;s Gmail account in March last year perceived to be of a threatening nature.

Council security adviser Christopher Franks told the court he complained to police about the messages because he felt they were threatening.

He said one of the messages stated that (council) managers “should have their loved ones shot so they can feel the terror they inflict upon me&#8221;.

&#8220;I&#8217;m a firm believer in an eye for an eye,&#8221; the message allegedly states"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry