Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll reduce the charge if they don't think they have the evidence or a strong enough precedent to lean on. There is always time for that, further down the road.

I have wondered if Tostee's previous lawyers wanted him to plead guilty to a lesser charge, and that led to the parting of their relationships.

I reckon the police must have a pretty good case, they don't throw a murder charge at someone without good evidence, and they arrested him after they did the forensics of the apartment and the re-enactment over the balcony. It is just that we won't know what they have until the trial. But the lawyers have a good idea of what they have .......

Yes, you're right...Thank you! I feel a bit better about it now. Just needed a pep talk!

BBM Do we know if Tostee dropped the lawyers or the other way around? Here in the states a lawyer will sometimes make a statement that they are no longer representing a client for let's say, ethical reasons. I wonder who was the dumpee and dumpor in Tostee's case...

I think they'll reduce the charge if they don't think they have the evidence or a strong enough precedent to lean on. There is always time for that, further down the road.

I have wondered if Tostee's previous lawyers wanted him to plead guilty to a lesser charge, and that led to the parting of their relationships.

I reckon the police must have a pretty good case, they don't throw a murder charge at someone without good evidence, and they arrested him after they did the forensics of the apartment and the re-enactment over the balcony. It is just that we won't know what they have until the trial. But the lawyers have a good idea of what they have .......

Re the bolded. In majority of cases further evidence is usually released to media at the Committal Hearing. It's at that hearing when it's decided whether there's enough evidence to take the case to trial.

And just to add a little more pep :) ... the Qld police are NOT the drongos that some try to make them out to be (especially Supt Dave Hutchinson :heartluv: ).

They nailed Baden Clay hard. They nailed Daniel Morcombe's brutal killer. And they haven't been able to nail slimy John Chardon for the murder of his missing wife, Novy, because they just can't establish a solid link ... yet. (Though they have thrown everything else they can at the disgusting child molester.)

Just as a matter of interest I thought I'd add in a couple of cases in which the accuseds have been granted bail. It's a bit of a furphy that those accused of murder aren't granted bail. There are quite a few from over the years in Qld. Although not a Qld case, I'll also add, Lisa Harnum's murderer Simon Gittany was another who was granted bail and we all know where he ended up ;)

From only earlier this week....

January 07, 2015

Magistrate Bernadette Callaghan on Monday granted bail to the 58-year-old charged with four counts of attempted murder, attempted arson and interfering with a corpse pending the woman finding a suitable place to live.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-is-granted-bail/story-fnn8dlfs-1227176456596

10th Dec 2014

A BUNDABERG father accused of a cold-case murder more than a decade ago has been granted bail after his mother posted a $300,000 surety to secure his release

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/accused-murderers-mother-posts-300k-bail/2479743/

November 19, 2014

Bail for Gold Coast man charged with neighbour's murder

Nathan Sanchez, 23, is accused of murdering his neighbour Kane Barry during a fight between the pair outside their Southport apartment complex on September 21

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-with-neighbours-murder-20141119-11prl6.html

And just to add a little more pep :) ... the Qld police are NOT the drongos that some try to make them out to be (especially Supt Dave Hutchinson :heartluv: ).

They nailed Baden Clay hard. They nailed Daniel Morcombe's brutal killer. And they haven't been able to nail slimy John Chardon for the murder of his missing wife, Novy, because they just can't establish a solid link ... yet. (Though they have thrown everything else they can at the disgusting child molester.)

Yay! Feeling MUCH better now! (ohhh SA hearts DH ;) )

(Daniel Morcombe :tears:)

Just a matter of time with Novy's case. Another to add is Max Sica. Even though it took five years, police nailed him for the murder of the Singh siblings. He was found guilty, life sentence with a non parole period of 35years.

I just hope the prosecution doesn't overcharge and he walks because the jury didn't have the option to convict on a lesser charge, like manslaughter. Just keeping the faith that they have the evidence needed for the murder charge, but I'm still nervous, not going to lie.
"Ben Power, the representative for the Director of Public Prosecutions"

"Although the DPP was confident a murder charge was warranted Power acknowledged Tostee could ultimately face a charge of manslaughter in relation to the 26-year-old's death."

"Legal experts have previously doubted whether Tostee could be found guilty of murder though the police remain confident the charge can be proven, arguing Wright was in fear of her life and trying to escape.

However, an alternative charge of manslaughter would be laid if the DPP revised their position before Tostee went to trial."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/63337603/Gable-Tostee-granted-bail-in-Kiwis-balcony-death

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/63318909/gable-tostee-promises-tinder-abstinence.html

"Ben Power, the representative for the Director of Public Prosecutions"

"Although the DPP was confident a murder charge was warranted Power acknowledged Tostee could ultimately face a charge of manslaughter in relation to the 26-year-old's death."

"Legal experts have previously doubted whether Tostee could be found guilty of murder though the police remain confident the charge can be proven, arguing Wright was in fear of her life and trying to escape.

However, an alternative charge of manslaughter would be laid if the DPP revised their position before Tostee went to trial."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/63337603/Gable-Tostee-granted-bail-in-Kiwis-balcony-death

:thumb: Thank you enzender!

Bold 1: I would not fall off my chair in shock, if there was. In fact, quite the opposite.

B2: I agree 100%.

B3: He was and still is a weak man. With or without his recording device.

Both words I've bolded....recording and device are plural....

Audio recordingS from mobile phoneS found in a car in the building's basement are believed to be the lead detectives were looking for to arrest Tostee on Friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-escape-violent-partner.html#ixzz3OCJhKuCB

Marly, great point about bail. They've certainly let some more immediately dangerous people out on it, for sure.. which isn't a good thing, heh, but it for sure happens. As for Chardon.. tickticktick.

Possy, I hope you're well and home soon. Sadly, I sew like I make pastry... it's fun, but I wouldn't inflict the result on anybody I care about. Perhaps I can donate some material to someone less dreadfrul at it.

enzeder, thanks for the link re Ben Power.. who sounds a little bit like a cartoon superhero, hehehe, and is rather easy on the eyes too, wot... I found his phrasing interesting, "confident a murder charge was warranted". I hope this latest Tostee stunt with the lawyers doesn't delay things too badly. I want to see more of this:

"His reaction to a young woman falling to her death from the balcony...his sole reaction to that was - in fairly muted tones - 'oh s**t'," Power told Mullins.

"Then (he) rings his solicitor. He then leaves the apartment, clearly evades police, seeks the assistance of his father to further evade police."

Go, Ben.

Oooh... good spot Marly - I knew there were multiple devices. But multiple recordings! I'd missed that. Wonder what else they found.

Perhaps Part One of the night - the hours from 9-12 - the time where info was immediately suppressed because it clearly shows how Rrie became so intoxicated so quickly and how she ended up in bed so quickly and how someone is culpable for her condition?? Perhaps even something the no-longer-his-lawyers know about??

Yes, you're right...Thank you! I feel a bit better about it now. Just needed a pep talk!

BBM Do we know if Tostee dropped the lawyers or the other way around? Here in the states a lawyer will sometimes make a statement that they are no longer representing a client for let's say, ethical reasons. I wonder who was the dumpee and dumpor in Tostee's case...

BBM: I don't think we know .. and I am not sure that we are allowed to know .. yet. It may fall under sub judice, something that could affect the outcome of the trial. Or it might just fall under client-lawyer confidentiality. Not sure.

These are so close to my heart people, thanks for sharing that. I'm stuck in the hospital and can't do a thing. Breaks my heart.

ETA: I could hand sew them! Brilliant suggestion, I'm on it. And I have a stockpile of possum pouches I can send on.

Hope our okay possum heart.

Does this seem odd?
1:26:30 Tostee - "I should walk you home"
1:33:30 Tostee - "Do you want me to walk you home?"

Home - Surely he knew R'rie was on holiday from NZ.
When reading through the transcript he never says my place, home when he making reference to his abode ... my apartment - Avalon.
Just seems that his language style would be more - to your hotel, caravan, apartment or whatever. imo

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...leged-recordings/story-e6frfkp9-1227053364751

Audio recordingS from mobile phoneS found in a car in the building's basement are believed to be the lead detectives were looking for to arrest Tostee on Friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-escape-violent-partner.html#ixzz3OCJhKuCB

Ohhhhh could this be the mythical recording number one that we have kicked about it's actual existence? The precursor to the tape we've already heard?

Great catch!

Just wanted to share this. Found it very interesting!

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

"A logical fallacy is a flaw in reasoning. Logical fallacies are like tricks or illusions of thought, and they're often very sneakily used by politicians and the media to fool people. Don't be fooled. This website has been designed to help you identify and call out dodgy logic wherever it may raise its ugly, incoherent head".

BBM
I have a feeling that research of sex aids is about to unfold here lol :blushing: This site leads me to all sorts of weird places & odd experiments. Last time I destroyed soap with a Mach 3 razor and dropped a heavy sack of chicken feed off my upstairs balcony to test for thud-ness. :notgood:

And I got in the boot of my captiva and got my brother to close the hatch! The things we do for sleuthing! Ah yes, and the mangosteens.

Looks like there are more than one "recording" in existance:

They also succeeded in preventing the release of several audio transcripts that will be included in their defence case.

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/gable-tostee-granted-bail-but-banned-from-tinder-20141119-11po6s.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry