Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: UBM: Exactly! That's what we've all been saying for ages now.

Lol - I was wondering where that quote came from :facepalm:

Must be part of my Fruit Free Diet :happydance:

Witness statements. If you take time to read them, they are illuminating. Unless, of course, one heard them first hand in court.

I cannot recall any witness asserting they saw Tostee dangling her at all. No-one suggests he was visible, and it is not alleged by the Crown. If that happened it would have been the centre piece of the Prosecution.

Ausgirl, I just have to say a big thank you for your post - reading over that altogether - shivers down the spine stuff. I have to admit I didn't think he put her over the balcony but now I am wondering if he did. Considering in context what he did to that other girl - taking Tostee's words as fact if we must - she left VERY fast after he picked her up and carried her out to the balcony. It's not entirely uncommon for a man to pick up a woman in a flirty sense, but something told that girl she needed to leave. There was something DIFFERENT about that moment - my guess would be a foreboding feeling, like he was intimidating her, toying with her in a sadistic kind of way.

So thanks Ausgirl, although I've been hearing and processing what others have said about whether Tostee may have placed Warriena on or near the railing - my thoughts have shifted. Off to ponder...

Oh a big thanks to everyone's posts from overnight and this morning - well the ones I read anyway and you guys know who you are!! :loveyou:

lol Estelle, your latest post is much much easier on the ole eyes, thanks for reposting.

I cannot recall any witness asserting they saw Tostee dangling her at all. No-one suggests he was visible, and it is not alleged by the Crown. If that happened it would have been the centre piece of the Prosecution.

I really don't care that it was not brought up at trial. Or that nobody SAW him doing this. What I was doing with that post -- for the benefit of those who think this may have happened -- was providing elements of the witness statements and recording that support it, and providing a potential time frame in which he could have done so.

I find the timing Ellis described is of interest: she heard "let me go home" and then saw feet facing OUT. Not standing on a ledge but 'hanging'.

Also, the "feet outward" right before she looks away to her friends, which is about the time she heard "Let me go home". (and it's here that I have questions regarding what Ellis heard and when)

Ellis ONLY saw Warriena's FEET in that first brief sighting..... because Ellis is SHORT, she says, and could not see the "upper half" of Warriena at all.

Ellis describes her utter confusion several times, over HOW a person could be "climbing' in that position, because Warriena's feet POINTED OUT and on a position that clearly indicated her back was AGAINST THE WALL of the balcony.

Then she looked away. Looked back and THEN saw Warriena "climbing" and "twisting" around the other way so her feet faced IN.

--- and that COMBINED with the contents of the tape AND Tostee's previous behaviour of terrorising a girl by lifting her up on the balcony, make me think it's VERY possible he did it again, to Warriena in that minute and a bit he was out there WITH her.

Police/prosecutors might leave stuff like this out of a trial because it is too circumstantial, or for any number of reasons. That does NOT mean WE can't explore it as a possibility, and a very very real one.

The Crown says that, at this point, she had only one choice. Attempt to climb over the rail and escape from him. But, that flies in the face of other more obvious options which include, yell for assistance, stay exactly there and do nothing. He was no longer in her immediate presence and there was a closed glass door between them. She elects to attempt to climb down. She is told by a neighbour to go back. She ignores him.

ever heard of fight or flight? She had already tried fighting, and she feared for her life.

--- 'Her legs were there first ... it wasn't a lowering or a gentle, cautious ... she wasn't hanging on, she wasn't facing that way ... she wasn't facing that way to hold on.'

--- "She wasn't gripping either, she wasn't on a ledge, so, um, her feet
were dangling

Velcro?

Ausgirl, I just have to say a big thank you for your post - reading over that altogether - shivers down the spine stuff. I have to admit I didn't think he put her over the balcony but now I am wondering if he did. Considering in context what he did to that other girl - taking Tostee's words as fact if we must - she left VERY fast after he picked her up and carried her out to the balcony. It's not entirely uncommon for a man to pick up a woman in a flirty sense, but something told that girl she needed to leave. There was something DIFFERENT about that moment - my guess would be a foreboding feeling, like he was intimidating her, toying with her in a sadistic kind of way.So thanks Ausgirl, although I've been hearing and processing what others have said about whether Tostee may have placed Warriena on or near the railing - my thoughts have shifted. Off to ponder...Oh a big thanks to everyone's posts from overnight and this morning - well the ones I read anyway and you guys know who you are!! :loveyou:
Tostee must have put W over the balcony railing because the neighbour had said that her feet were facing outward & her back was against the building...How could she have placed herself in that position with her arms behind her trying to hang onto the railing with her feet facing outward...impossible...I think Tostee when he took her onto the balcony, grabbed her from behind & placed her like that over the railing....Then the neighbour saw her twisting & turning from that moment, when she must have lost her balance & fallen to her death....MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214