Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SouthAussie :) and just to clarify my "smelling salts" comment, I had it in brackets for a reason, I was alluding to drugs. I don't know what his toxicology results were but I do know people keep drugs in metal vials.
I was considering all that has been put forward. As hard as I try there is no reason that I can think of that could explain Gabes actions. imo
Drugs, power drinks, shock, fear of police, hungry. Not a one.

I was considering all that has been put forward. As hard as I try there is no reason that I can think of that could explain Gabes actions. imo

I am not saying that drug's could explain his actions, I was asked what my thoughts were on the metallic screw on and off, and that was my thoughts as sometimes drinks and drugs go hand in hand, especially when you consider his douchey background.

Evening, everybodyyyyyy :seeya:

I wonder if there is a way that the tripod could have been used in the 'breath restriction' without causing a mark? I doubt it, but you guys have my mind in overdrive tonight with all the possibilities. i.e. held against her throat

On a darker note, and just to be clear I am in no way saying Tostee did this, but as madoodi mentioned, tripod...hurt vagina...maybe.

There was certainly something about whatever it is he carried downstairs that he felt was evidence.

Evening, everybodyyyyyy :seeya:

I wonder if there is a way that the tripod could have been used in the 'breath restriction' without causing a mark? I doubt it, but you guys have my mind in overdrive tonight with all the possibilities. i.e. held against her throat

On a darker note, and just to be clear I am in no way saying Tostee did this, but as madoodi mentioned, tripod...hurt vagina...maybe.

There was certainly something about whatever it is he is carrying downstairs that he felt was evidence.

Hello our funny friend. :)

I thought possibly holding it hard against her chest (think heimlich manoeuvre) from behind. Hard to breathe or do anything much if someone is doing that to you.
Maybe the expert was looking too high on Warriena's body for signs of choking/breathing restriction.

If it was on the coffee table with the rest of the telescope parts, it would have been an easy grab for him.

He's got skinny legs the poor dude. Half man at best.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello our funny friend. :)

I thought possibly holding it hard against her chest (think heimlich manoeuvre) from behind. Hard to breathe or do anything much if someone is doing that to you.
Maybe the expert was looking too high on Warriena's body for signs of choking/breathing restriction.

If it was on the coffee table with the rest of the telescope parts, it would have been an easy grab for him.

Yes, I was thinking at some point he may have been behind her too.

I was just googling to see if I could find something re the lack of marks on her neck and one of the links that came up was '7 terrifying things that can happen when you use shapewear'...right before all the BDSM sites...I don't know which ones to read first... :giggle::laughcry:

Sociopathy?

Yes, I was thinking at some point he may have been behind her too.

I was just googling to see if I could find something re the lack of marks on her neck and one of the links that came up was '7 terrifying things that can happen when you use shapewear'...right before all the BDSM sites...I don't know which ones to read first... :giggle::laughcry:

Go for the shapewear ones first. You want to look great when you are doing your BDSM. :floorlaugh:

Found what I was looking for! If someone has pressure applied to the carotid artery, it can cause loss of blood flow to the brain. We obviously don't know if the 'breath restriction' included any pressure on the carotid artery, but either way, if there was a loss of oxygen flowing to Warriena's brain for even a short time, even without losing consciousness, there can be a range of side effects - see below. There were obviously reasons why Warriena was behaving the way she was on the balcony (fear, alcohol-induced) but just thought this may have also contributed. I admit I have to go back and read the articles in detail but just another pondering.

Furthermore, Strack is concerned that persons who have been strangled
can present agitation associated with TBI, which may be misinterpreted
by the responding law enforcement officers as hostile or uncooperative
(Strack, 2000; Strack & McClane, 1999).
http://www.doj.state.or.us/victims/...s_about_possible_neurological_alterations.pdf

Cerebral hypoxia and hypoperfusion — Several elements of strangulationactivity may result in cerebral hypoxia. These include breath holding, externallimitation of chest wall expansion, and compression of the carotid arteries.*Compression of the carotid sinuses further reduces cerebral oxygenation throughreflex bradycardia and vasodilation.*Acute severe hypoxia can cause loss of consciousness in 10 to 20 seconds,permanent brain damage in three minutes, and death in four to five minutes.**Hypoxia that is less severe can cause impaired judgment, drowsiness, dulled painsensation, excitement, disorientation, and headache.** Other symptoms and signsof hypoxia include anorexia, nausea, vomiting, tachycardia, and tachypnea;hypertension occurs when hypoxia is severe.
http://dhss.alaska.gov/ocs/Document...er Strangulation Assaults - Hawley - 2012.pdf

The most common neurological consequences aretransient loss of consciousness and confusion, whichmay be prolonged but are generally self-limiting(Jongewaard et al., 1992; Yeong et al., 1994). Theremay also be agitation, disorientation and restlessness(Haller and Donahoo, 1971; Lee et al., 1991). Neurologicalabnormalities were seen in 12 of 14 (86%)patients with traumatic asphyxia in a 10-year periodin one institution in Wisconsin, USA (Jongewaardet al., 1992).
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.841.9888&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Found what I was looking for! If someone has pressure applied to the carotid artery, it can cause loss of blood flow to the brain. We obviously don't know if the 'breath restriction' included any pressure on the carotid artery, but either way, if there was a loss of oxygen flowing to Warriena's brain for even a short time, even without losing consciousness, there can be a range of side effects - see below. There were obviously reasons why Warriena was behaving the way she was on the balcony (fear, alcohol-induced) but just thought this may have also contributed. I admit I have to go back and read the articles in detail but just another pondering.

http://www.doj.state.or.us/victims/...s_about_possible_neurological_alterations.pdf

Cerebral hypoxia and hypoperfusion — Several elements of strangulationactivity may result in cerebral hypoxia. These include breath holding, externallimitation of chest wall expansion, and compression of the carotid arteries.*Compression of the carotid sinuses further reduces cerebral oxygenation throughreflex bradycardia and vasodilation.*Acute severe hypoxia can cause loss of consciousness in 10 to 20 seconds,permanent brain damage in three minutes, and death in four to five minutes.**Hypoxia that is less severe can cause impaired judgment, drowsiness, dulled painsensation, excitement, disorientation, and headache.** Other symptoms and signsof hypoxia include anorexia, nausea, vomiting, tachycardia, and tachypnea;hypertension occurs when hypoxia is severe.
http://dhss.alaska.gov/ocs/Document...er Strangulation Assaults - Hawley - 2012.pdf

The most common neurological consequences aretransient loss of consciousness and confusion, whichmay be prolonged but are generally self-limiting(Jongewaard et al., 1992; Yeong et al., 1994). Theremay also be agitation, disorientation and restlessness(Haller and Donahoo, 1971; Lee et al., 1991). Neurologicalabnormalities were seen in 12 of 14 (86%)patients with traumatic asphyxia in a 10-year periodin one institution in Wisconsin, USA (Jongewaardet al., 1992).
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.841.9888&rep=rep1&type=pdf

So, Warriena could have been not only inebriated, but she could also have been very disoriented after the breathing restriction. She really didn't have much of a chance, did she? Of escaping from him.

Wasn't allowed to go out the front door, wasn't allowed to have her phone to call for help/a taxi, was blind drunk, and probably feeling some effects of oxygen deprivation.

So, Warriena could have been not only inebriated, but she could also have been very disoriented after the breathing restriction. She really didn't have much of a chance, did she? Of escaping from him.

Wasn't allowed to go out the front door, wasn't allowed to have her phone to call for help/a taxi, was blind drunk, and probably feeling some effects of oxygen deprivation.

Exactly! Someone doesn't need to pass out to experience ill effects from 'breath restriction', however it was caused and wherever on the body the breath restriction was initiated from. The effect on the brain and functioning could still be significant.

In addition, alcohol decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain. So between the alcohol diminishing her oxygen supply, and the breathing restriction diminishing it further, Warriena's brain must have been really struggling to cope with the situation.

They occur as alcohol cuts off the supply of oxygen to the brain. Lack of oxygen supply to the brain can kill tens of thousands of brain cells every time a person becomes intoxicated.

One effect of drinking alcohol is "blood-sludging" where the red blood cells clump together causing the small blood vessels to plug up, starve the tissues of oxygen, and cause cell death.

http://www.oregoncounseling.org/ArticlesPapers/Documents/ETOHBIOFx.htm

We need the Doc to pay us a visit!!! Has anyone invited him to this thread?

WOW. Good find.
That tripod figures somewhere I suspect, as an improvised weapon?

Good find on the effects of hypoxia Strangeworld! I had been waiting during the trial to see if WW had signs of cyanosis/ petechiae.
http://www.pottstown.org/DocumentCenter/View/211

But nothing.
Sadly though I don't think the expert findings on post mortem have told the jury/ us anything much. Or on anything else for that matter.

SouthAussie I'm with your opinion of the initial belief of just another Gold Coast balcony fall.

In fact I can't help but feel even more disolutioned by this case.

The more we sleuth, the more unanswered questions come up, with hardly any evidence/ analysis brought up in court. Just the recording. The accused's recording. We haven't even been told if the audio file was original & unedited have we?

And technically I always thought recordings were inadmissible in a court of law, unless both parties gave permission.

I guess we will soon find what the jury thinks. Still it stinks & its not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously a very soft boy. Pebble abuse at it's worst.

Mummy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I actually find myself feeling sorry for him. No real social life, nothing like the circle of family and friends most people are bonded with.

Just a lonely guy trying to hook up with more and more girls, keeping tally and recording all his one night stands, trying to see himself as some sort of stud. Bragging of his conquests on a bodybuilding forum, all the while never forming any real relationships, not building any lasting happiness. Just a procession of one-nighters that went nowhere. What a loser.

I actually find myself feeling sorry for him. No real social life, nothing like the circle of family and friends most people are bonded with.

Just a lonely guy trying to hook up with more and more girls, keeping tally and recording all his one night stands, trying to see himself as some sort of stud. Bragging of his conquests on a bodybuilding forum, all the while never forming any real relationships, not building any lasting happiness. Just a procession of one-nighters that went nowhere. What a loser.

And this guy was given the gift of life and love by his parents. And, as far as I can see in the extensive information we have found, all he has done is waste away his adult life. At the expense of others. His parents have rightly or wrongly tried to protect him from himself, to no avail. Now Warriena has paid the ultimate price.

This whole situation makes me very sad, and mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME