Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a second violation of poor Rrie's family. They have all been dehumanised.
So Tostee never gave a statement to police if msn is correct. Just left it all up to his lawyer to put a story to the sound effects.
But he or someone just happened to have had a copy to post on social media.
No it seems totally reasonable that his post behaviour not be considered........Not !!!!!
imo

Oops, disregard.

It will be interesting to hear what re-diection they sought, but in any event, I reckon the Judge will send them home to resume in the morning. It's 4.35 pm here in Queensland.

BBM
Yesss!! About b****y time that tripod got a mention.

The thing is though Fluffykins, the judge instructed the jury not to take into consideration what Tostee did after Warriena fell to her death!

Ruth Wynn-Williams ‏@RuthWW 6m6 minutes ago Brisbane, Queensland

Jury has been dismissed for the day.
Deliberation resumes tomorrow #tostee @ONENewsNZ

"The jury has four questions they want answered."

-- what was he holding

and what are the other two?!

But we only think that way because we have read his forum posts and we have seen his character evolve to this sadistic level. Unfortunately the Jury haven't studied him as we have. I think many of us have come to the conclusion that he shouldn't walk the streets. I just don't know how the Jury will see it.

On that note possum.......just putting it out there, for those who were on the jury would you be tempted to delve a little further into a defendants past ????

The thing is though Fluffykins, the judge instructed the jury not to take into consideration what Tostee did after Warriena fell to her death!

Oh yeah, that's very willful of them, isn't it? Lol. But I'm with Oz Jen, I can't understand how his behaviour after the event is not relevant when GBC's behaviour was. I thought the law was supposed to be consistent in its application.

I would want to know what he was holding if I was on the jury, too. Not to mention why he thought it important to remove it from the premises.

On that note possum.......just putting it out there, for those who were on the jury would you be tempted to delve a little further into a defendants past ????

Absolutely not. Not while sitting on a jury (which I have done). People tend to take their instructions extremely seriously.

True, and if they are asking what he was then carrying, the Judge will tell them they there is no evidence of what it was, other than what is visible on the CCTV. He will also likely tell them that they cannot speculate about what it was and that it is irrelevant to their considerations given the Crown did not seek to explain it. In other words.....'If the Crown does not know, you, Members of the Jury, are none the wiser than is the Crown.'

BBM
Yesss!! About b****y time that tripod got a mention.

Unfortunately from a Crown point of view that's not good news, it shows a complete disregard for Justice Byrne's instructions. Obviously the Court cannot speculate on what the object is/was as it was not relied upon at all during the case and it may give rise to the possibility that the jury is considering scenarios that are inconsistent with the evidence led. Will be watching on with interest tomorrow, at best it's ammunition for a subsequent defence appeal (if it should require one) and at worst it may be grounds for an application to declare a mistrial (unlikely, but possible).

Oh yeah, that's very willful of them, isn't it? Lol. But I'm with Oz Jen, I can't understand how his behaviour after the event is not relevant when GBC's behaviour was. I thought the law was supposed to be consistent in its application.

I'm with both you and Oz Jen. I think Tostee's behaviour after leaving his apartment is very relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member