Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what would help to know? What direction her prints were facing on the balcony! Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Some professional knows, but it hasn't been deemed important. It is infuriating. So glad I am not a juror, I would be soooooo frustrated with the evidence. I hope that these things were made clear in the courtroom, and that the tweets were just very much a synopsis.

Yes, and all he did was remove her to the balcony. There is no explanation as to what force was used. Nothing. We have no idea whatsoever. All we know is that W did not want not be taken there, and that tells us nothing about what level of force he used to get her there.

Unless there was CCTV footage how would we or a jury know how to decide what level of force was used.....what parameters do the layman use to measure this. After listening to the audio it would appear that his heart rate was thumping, I believe the normal resting rate is between 12-18 breaths per minute. He sounded like he was struggling for breath. Given that he was a fit young man who frequented the gym to have that level of breathing surely he would have had to exert himself quite physically to reach that breathing rate. And again as a layperson I would need way more information to be able to come to a conclusion. Such a shame this audio was not picked apart in its entirety.

You know what would help to know? What direction her prints were facing on the balcony! Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Not seen it mentioned until an hr ago , interesting no doubt , surprising that there's no pictures of the outside of the balcony that clearly show the possibilities of her movements . jmo

sent from a tiny cheap gadget

Unless there was CCTV footage how would we or a jury know how to decide what level of force was used.....what parameters do the layman use to measure this. After listening to the audio it would appear that his heart rate was thumping, I believe the normal resting rate is between 12-18 breaths per minute. He sounded like he was struggling for breath. Given that he was a fit young man who frequented the gym to have that level of breathing surely he would have had to exert himself quite physically to reach that breathing rate. And again as a layperson I would need way more information to be able to come to a conclusion. Such a shame this audio was not picked apart in its entirety.

Not sure how fit he was emirates. That big heavy front door was too much for him, apparently.

BBM. And that is the kernel. If you cannot come to a conclusion, there is not the required proof beyond reasonable doubt. Do you see?

Well, he didn't go via the balcony to the basement, so obviously he could manage it.

True. Maybe he was just momentarily tired from the intimate sex he had just had with Warriena, so the front door was too tough an option for a little while.
Till after she died, and he needed to get out for pizza.

Piping in at the last minute. I have stayed at accommodation similar to Tostee. If someone chucked me out on the balcony, I would scream for help. Lot's of apartments very close. I'm not a gymnasts to attempt climbing but if in distress I would call or help. Call the police I need help.
Slightly off topic but he told her his parents are rich. She said in New Zealand she is rich. I just came back from a Holliday in Queenstown where our bank cards didn't work there. We had to use credit cards only. Just wondering if he thought paying for a taxi at night (for a lady who couldn't access funds) was easier for him to say stay the night. Just my thought for now.

Thank you to the WS'ers for keeping us updated. <modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Speaking for Trooper here. (Not as eloquently of course). This has been too much about HIS rights. Why is it not reversed? He separated her from HER property, HER phone, HER passport, HER lifeline. When did HER rights become irrelevant?

When she tossed some pebbles around, unforgivable actions for a woman

I know, right? And the apartment looked entirely demolished in those after-crime pictures, too. There must have been at least 10 white pebbles laying around.
I'd be mad too if someone destroyed my place like that. Who knows what she would have done next. Unwind the toilet paper??!

But, credit to Tostee, he was worried about bruises ... so he really did need to tackle and choke Warriena.

1.41am: Male says that he is going to get bruises. He asks the female to stay the night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-final-struggle-plus-happened-afterwards.html

Yes, it cannot be swept under the carpet no matter the gender. It is not appropriate that an invitee to your Home may lawfully, and without consequence and with impunity, pick up rocks and toss them around your Home and at you. When you restrain them from doing so, if they pick up a metal object and unlawfully assault you with it, you might like to (a) disarm them, and then (b) put them where they cannot continue with what is clearly irrational and physically aggressive behaviour by an Invitee in your Home.

BBM. And that is the kernel. If you cannot come to a conclusion, there is not the required proof beyond reasonable doubt. Do you see?

Unfortunately Elde I don't, I need somebody to explain what reasonable force means so. It appears every other question has been covered with a YES or NO.

If an invitee was in my home throwing rocks and threatening to hit me with a metal object (which I don't think W did) then I would either call the police and lock myself in a bathroom or leave the home and call the police. GT wasn't scared or even threatened. It's clear in the audio he was playing a role in the recording, relishing every moment of it.

Yes, it cannot be swept under the carpet no matter the gender. It is not appropriate that an invitee to your Home may lawfully, and without consequence and with impunity, pick up rocks and toss them around your Home and at you. When you restrain them from doing so, if they pick up a metal object and unlawfully assault you with it, you might like to (a) disarm them, and then (b) put them where they cannot continue with what is clearly irrational and physically aggressive behaviour by an Invitee in your Home.
You wouldn't believe the long history I have of inviting wildlife into my home. I have been bitten, my face has been leapt upon, ornaments have been broken, light fittings have been dangled from. But I invited them. I. INVITED. THEM. And I released them appropriately, according to QLD laws.

I believe a person is also responsible for making sure that someone stays safe in their home .... duty of care. Not tackle to the floor, rough up, choke, and force a drunk, oxygen deprived young woman onto their 14th floor balcony in the middle of the night - in a town where balcony falls are known to be somewhat commonplace - and place a locked (by his own words) door between them so you cannot even get to them in a hurry to help them should they need it. AND make no attempt to call 000 when they have obviously hurt themselves.

Speaking for Trooper here. (Not as eloquently of course). This has been too much about HIS rights. Why is it not reversed? He separated her from HER property, HER phone, HER passport, HER lifeline. When did HER rights become irrelevant?

I actually wouldn't restrain anyone, not even a child.
Never have, never will.
There are a million other ways to "neutralise" a situation if you use your imagination, that don't involve restraining, choking, obstructing breath, hurting vaginas, imprisoning people or just generally scaring the bejeezus out of someone

I also wouldn't consider it my place to enforce consequences or punishments, a situation bad enough to require that, I'd be calling in the police, that's their job, not mine

The brah is a creep. If court justice does not stop him, I have a feeling someone else will - either permanently or horribly - somewhere along the way.

It serves no purpose to allow a person to get away with such behaviour. It has offended far too many people. And not everyone just discusses it like we do.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member