Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilly to one who actually resides in Queensland, yes. But for someone who resides in New Zealand, nope, not chilly any day of the year in Queensland. :)

With all due respect, are you actually presuming WW's body temperature now, and point blank refusing to consider for even a second that she could have been chilly?

For the record, I live in Melbourne and when visiting Queensland in winter, I've been known to get cold.

Doesn't that kind of lean towards influencing the jury decision, though?

I don't believe so. As I said, you have to be extremely experienced to pick up any tells and no one who is eligible to serve on a jury has that sort of experience. In any case it's not foolproof but after hearing the address to the jury I'd predict that I could pick which way the Judge is personally leaning perhaps 80% of the time. The Judge will always make it clear that members of the jury are sole arbiters of the case at hand and must base their decision only on the evidence adduced during the trial.

Chilly to one who actually resides in Queensland, yes. But for someone who resides in New Zealand, nope, not chilly any day of the year in Queensland. :)
Gosh! You would think I had never had a Kiwi friend! Did it also occur to you that Rrie's biorhythms would still be two hours in front of QLD, hence not feeling like eating when Tostee did, YES, even after two weeks in Queensland. See, I am not a stranger to Kiwis, nor travel, nor homesickness.

If he walks, I'll register my protest with a John Elliot inspired avatar. Thanks for the notion, guys.

Not as seriously, obviously, as the dismay I'd feel to see this freak walk away, but I'm dreading the web-wide smug from dusty funbags & the multiple personality crew. Blerk. Upshot is they'll eventually crawl back into whatever black hole they came from.

Dusty funbags.....sensational.

Let's hope it is a very quick verdict. Guilty - Manslaughter. :praying:

Get this creepy perv off the streets for a good long while.

With all due respect, are you actually presuming WW's body temperature now, and point blank refusing to consider for even a second that she could have been chilly?

For the record, I live in Melbourne and when visiting Queensland in winter, I've been known to get cold.
I am saying, Queenslands weather is much much warmer than New Zealand's weather and I've yet to meet a Kiwi who resides in New Zealand who's experienced a Chilly Night in Queensland.

I am saying, Queenslands weather is much much warmer than New Zealand's weather and I've yet to meet a Kiwi who resides in New Zealand who's experienced a Chilly Night in Queensland.

Fair enough. One point I will make though, is cold is a relative thing. I was in London for ages, and I thought Melbourne would never feel cold to me again. But all it took was a few weeks back in my regular climate and, whaddya know, I acclimatised and was complaining about Melbourne's weather in no time! Rrie had been visiting the Gold Coast for a couple of weeks... Enough time to adjust?

I can imagine after drinking and the struggle and the fear, that by the time she was forced out onto the balcony she would have been quite hot and sweaty, and possibly topless (does anyone know what she was wearing at this point, aside from jeans??)
If the temperature had dropped, as others here have said, she would have felt the difference quite keenly, regardless of where she came from

Same here SV. The weather is quite variable and I remember Christmas 2006 or 07 up there wearing a jacket all day.

Warriena turned up for her date wearing jeans and a top with a jacket over it.

ETA: I mean the weather up there is quite variable.

I can imagine after drinking and the struggle and the fear, that by the time she was forced out onto the balcony she would have been quite hot and sweaty, and possibly topless (does anyone know what she was wearing at this point, aside from jeans??)
If the temperature had dropped, as others here have said, she would have felt the difference quite keenly, regardless of where she came from

Myth: drinking alcohol warms your body and can be used to prevent hypothermia.
In fact, drinking alcohol helps lower the core temperature of your body. This myth likely got its start thanks to the fact that drinking alcoholic beverages will make you feel warmer as your blood/alcohol level rises.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index...hypothermia-it-actually-makes-it-more-likely/

I am from Melbourne and I have been cold in QLD (Brisbane) in the winter there. Jun-Aug. There could be a number of factors at play and very individual too. Some people never feel the cold and others all the time regardless of origin. I am sure you will meet that person someday :)

Exactly! And as another poster astutely noted earlier, she must have been incredibly terrified to attempt climbing over the balcony, rather than knocking on the door, apologising to Tosser - sorry, Tostee - and asking to be let back in. Kind of flies in the face of all those claiming that the accused was oh-so-reasonable and gentlemanly that night. Whatever he did during that chilling portion of the recording where you can hear her gagging scared her too much to attempt to reason with him.

exactly!!! and there definately are gurgling sounds where she is struggling to breathe

Whether the weather :)..... was the balcony door opened? It must have been, there are pebbles on the balcony.
imo

Slightly OT. Can someone explain to me why, in this case where GT is accused of murder, his image and stuff is printed, but then in the Khandalyce Pearce case, her alleged killer is given a certain degree of anonymity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required