Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going over a balcony, not out of fear, but to prove a point is a distinct reality.

Illogical strawman argument is illogical.

NOwhere can Warriena be heard saying "Let me in or I'll jump."

What she WAS heard saying, for more than 80 seconds before her death, was "NONONO", "Let me go home" and "Help".

[video=youtube;nauLgZISozs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nauLgZISozs[/video]

I read somewhere that GT has OCD (Obsesive Compulsive Disorder) but haven't heard it mentioned in the Trial....:dunno:....I thought they may have used this as an excuse for his erratic behaviour, if this was the case (mental illness) ??

I remember reading about his diagnosis of being on the autism spectrum and how the bail hearing judge thought this might be relevant in explaining his behaviour after Warriena fell.

http://www.9news.com.au/National/2014/09/08/11/50/Autism-diagnosis-could-affect-Tostee-case

Strange then, how those who saw all the evidence first hand, can't come up with a verdict.

Strange strange, or Strangeworld strange...

Well, IMO I think there are a majority who believe he is guilty but the struggle is with the instructions of the judge (nothing against the judge). You can't make the evidence fit the law and that is the reality we live in.

Sorry folks I know it's been asked before but what happens if the jury can't reach a verdict?

November 19, 2014

A previous bail application was denied and adjourned while Mr Tostee’s lawyers sought more evidence about their client’s mental health, and possible autism

psychiatric examination diagnosed Mr Tostee not with an autism spectrum disorder but with “insecure social anxiety”, obsessive compulsive disorder, and depression, against a history of attention deficit disorder.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/bbf6d642b2c35b7e20b0f9de139e9ae8

I remember reading about his diagnosis of being on the autism spectrum and how the bail hearing judge thought this might be relevant in explaining his behaviour after Warriena fell.

http://www.9news.com.au/National/2014/09/08/11/50/Autism-diagnosis-could-affect-Tostee-case

Court appointed psych, IIRC, examined him - found no autism.

Good try tho, Gabe.

Though I think I recall it was his parents who raised this concern? Wonder if learning he didn't have it was a relief - or not.

November 19, 2014

A previous bail application was denied and adjourned while Mr Tostee’s lawyers sought more evidence about their client’s mental health, and possible autism

psychiatric examination diagnosed Mr Tostee not with an autism spectrum disorder but with “insecure social anxiety”, obsessive compulsive disorder, and depression, against a history of attention deficit disorder.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/bbf6d642b2c35b7e20b0f9de139e9ae8

Thanks for clarification, Amee. I guess this was after they were given more time to piece together their application. Seems very specific IMO

Well, IMO I think there are a majority who believe he is guilty but the struggle is with the instructions of the judge (nothing against the judge). You can't make the evidence fit the law and that is the reality we live in.

I don't blame the jury for being confused.....I wouldn't like to be in their shoes...:banghead:

And others would say there isn't evidence of anything but a fight, and her deciding for whatever reason, to go over the side of the balcony.

Sorry folks I know it's been asked before but what happens if the jury can't reach a verdict?

Justice Byrne would then discharge the jury and it would be up to the ODPP (prosecution) whether or not to retry Gable Tostee.

Does anyone really know for sure?

Has anyone ever had a partner with mental illness?

I've had one. And funny thing there, had fate gone it's own way that early morning in June, I too would have been thrown or fallen from a 14th story balcony.
It makes my heart race. I am biased maybe.
This morning on my commute I looked at all of the buildings with balconies similar to his & I thought about trying to hang off the side or escape. Anyone with a brain knows that when you are on the 14th the only safe way out is the front door unless you have nowhere else to go.

And others would say there isn't evidence of anything but a fight, and her deciding for whatever reason, to go over the side of the balcony.

Absolutely, and we welcome them with open arms to this forum if they want to discuss in a respectful, non-baiting way. Unfortunately those who approach this forum in this way end up with other members not reading their posts at all (even if those members think their posts are being read, they are not). Which is a shame because sometimes those people might have some useful tidbits of information to share.

Can anyone recall at what point of the tape warriena said GT sounded like a fa**ot?

I was reading his post on the bodybuilding website the other day (the post about some girl who rejected him) and so many of the posters called him that. I guess it is the 'ultimate' insult to a man who is meant to be a ladies man. I think when WW called him that it hit a nerve!

I've had one. And funny thing there, had fate gone it's own way that early morning in June, I too would have been thrown or fallen from a 14th story balcony.
It makes my heart race. I am biased maybe.
This morning on my commute I looked at all of the buildings with balconies similar to his & I thought about trying to hang off the side or escape. Anyone with a brain knows that when you are on the 14th the only safe way out is the front door unless you have nowhere else to go.
I could see it if she were at the edge of the balcony, and he was coming menacingly toward her.

The door closes. Separating them.

Justice Byrne would then discharge the jury and it would be up to the ODPP (prosecution) whether or not to retry Gable Tostee.

And if it did come to that, could the ODPP run their prosecution any differently, for instance bringing in expert analysis of the recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties