Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised that we haven't seen women coming forward who have had dealings with Tostee, apart from those very few comments we've seen in articles...if he slept with 150 (or was it 250 haha) women its a numbers game that at least a couple would speak up. I wonder if that will happen after the trial? I don't know - obviously if there are women out there that he has slept with they may not want that to be public knowledge for obvious reasons, but if there are, I hope they speak up if they have experienced anything untoward, abusive, etc.
Gut feeling, there are very few women he has slept with.

You know, I read on one of his body building post about how he liked to target visitors. So perhaps many have to heard of this case.

<modsnip>

Were the gender roles reversed, would him climbing down a balcony result in her being charged? Would her recoding the fight be considered disgusting? Would her recording the fight be considered smart self defensive tactics?

Why not take it a step further and consider if it were 2 men. If that man out on the balcony fell to his death attempting to escape the confines of a 14th storey balcony, everyone, and I believe everyone would ask, why did he do that? Was he scared for his life? Did the choking/smothering attack earlier scare him to death, deprive him of oxygen so his senses were impaired?
Would GT throw an intoxicated, frightened young man out to the balcony because he was a 'bad boy'? Would he hold the young man's belongings, refusing to give them back?

So you would be just as vocal that she needs to go to jail for murdering him?

Of course! (for manslaughter). If the genders were reversed in this exact same situation.

Believe me, I was just as vocal when it was initially thought that a female admirer killed Morgan Huxley.

<modsnip> Were the gender roles reversed, would him climbing down a balcony result in her being charged? Would her recoding the fight be considered disgusting? Would her recording the fight be considered smart self defensive tactics?
If she was: -taller by a foot - twice his body weight - much more sober .. and had a visible history of terrorising much smaller men on her balcony ....and could be heard pouring him drink after drink when it's obvious he's already severely inebriated .... and could be heard laughing when her date says "that really hurt my testicles" .......and there was an audible struggle right before the death, in which her date is silent and SHE is heinously abusive Then YES. I believe she would be charged. And recording the whole thing would be seen as somewhat sick. Question for you: If the roles were reversed, would you be up in here, flag waving for the victim?

They key is 'unlawful' - the same reason the self defence argument gets him off.

Why then can't her holding up the metal object be conceived as Warriena protecting herself in self-defence?

[h=1]‘Gable Tostee’ shares dating advice on Facebook page, Blokes Advice[/h]July 27, 2016

Her profile said she was only on the app to make new friends and that she had a boyfriend.

A person claiming to be Tostee, who renamed himself Eric Thomas, commented and said “she’s looking for attention/validation end of story”.
Just weeks earlier, that profile wrote on the Facebook page bragging about having sex with 260 women.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...e/news-story/3f83151bac6d847562d242db11c9228a

some of you may remember this msm from July.

those poor 260 women :sick::sick::sick:

Why not take it a step further and consider if it were 2 men. If that man out on the balcony fell to his death attempting to escape the confines of a 14th storey balcony, everyone, and I believe everyone would ask, why did he do that? Was he scared for his life? Did the choking/smothering attack earlier scare him to death, deprive him of oxygen so his senses were impaired?
Would GT throw an intoxicated, frightened young man out to the balcony because he was a 'bad boy'? Would he hold the young man's belongings, refusing to give them back?
What about if the man on the balcony was pissed off about being locked out there, and thought that he would be clever and threaten to jump if he wasn't let back in?

Legal question. How is the Defence QC permitted to put any explanation to the jury on his behalf, once he has declined to give evidence?

I followed a murder trial recently where one of the defendants chose not to give evidence and all the jury had to work with was the prosecution case which included of course defence questions to the witnesses, and her denial of the charge.

If he refuses to go into the witness box and answer questions that should be it as far as I'm concerned, prosecution evidence only.

Gold Coast Bulletin&#8207; @GCBulletin
#TOSTEE - THE jury in the Gable Tostee case will resume deliberations this morning after being told to keep trying

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Is there a retrial if hung jury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of Gables choke hold... I am sure there's not a single person on that jury who would ever restrain a drunk woman by the neck! We all know most people would probably say "Here's your bag. You're going home. I've called you a taxi and I'm taking you downstairs" ... At the most a reasonable person would guide her with reasonable force to the taxi and made sure she got in. A man of gentle nature would do that. A violent man would do what Gable did. The minute he put her on the balcony he imprisoned her. Utterly criminal.

Unreasonable and unlawful behaviour by Tostee and not what a normal person would do.

Of course! (for manslaughter). If the genders were reversed in this exact same situation.

Believe me, I was just as vocal when it was initially thought that a female admirer killed Morgan Huxley.

If she was: -taller by a foot - twice his body weight - much more sober .. and had a visible history of terrorising much smaller men on her balcony ....and could be heard pouring him drink after drink when it's obvious he's already severely inebriated .... and could be heard laughing when her date says "that really hurt my testicles" .......and there was an audible struggle right before the death, in which her date is silent and SHE is heinously abusive Then YES. I believe she would be charged. And recording the whole thing would be seen as somewhat sick. Question for you: If the roles were reversed, would you be up in here, flag waving for the victim?
I agree!
<modsnip>

Interesting to see GT arriving at court on this bright, sunny day - without sunglasses. Many other accused hide behind sunnies, regardless of the weather.

Is there a retrial if hung jury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potentially, but it's difficult to say if the ODPP will proceed with one. If the case wasn't so high profile I'd suggest a retrial would be extremely unlikely but the weight of public opinion might be enough to persuade them to retry. I doubt you would see murder on the indictment next time around though.

Whatever happens with this case, I am certain Gable Tostee/Eric Thomas will, within 2-3 years, end up in jail.
He's just that kind of guy...

If he does not take responsibility now for his unreasonable and unlawful actions, he will definitely be in trouble again one day. He has been enabled for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr