Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Holt submitted Tostee was not the “cartoonish villain portrayed in the media” as the Tinder killer.

“He has told her to leave, he’s let her up and he’s told her if he tries anything he’ll knock her out,” he said.

“The reality is, she then tries something. She picks up the metal clamp and hits him.

“She is clearly on the table holding that object. It’s clearly the object being referred to when he’s saying ‘let go, let go, let go’.”

“He was hit, probably in the head, with a telescope clamp.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...5/news-story/d47587533641d7a3fd649e04d3272c5d

Someone would have needed to have been chasing her with a knife for her actions to be reasonable, Mr Holt argued.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...s-decisions-led-to-death-20161014-gs2wvi.html

I was just thinking that if you get the cheese out the fridge and sit on the bench what do you need to cut it?
imo

The darn balcony in the Avalon building has been clearly advertised on many occasions as being part of the property.

$460
03/4 Wahroonga Pl, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
1 Bed
1 Bath
1 Parking
Available from Friday, 14 October 2016 Bond $1840
RELAX HOME IN SURFERS CENTRE

Luxury 1 Bedroom + study - 1 bathroom Fully furnished unit situated right by the river and just a few minutes’ walk to Surfers Paradise beach, shopping, dining and entertainment venues that the Gold Coast is renowned for, fabulous views of the Nerang river, Surfer Paradise skyline, north to the Broadwater and out to the hinterland – also one block to the new light rail.

Avalon Apartments offer 3 lifts, Residents enjoy access to a heated pool and spa, steam and sauna rooms, gym and BBQ area, as well as a Resident’s lounge and cinema room. Underground secure parking is also provided.

The interior of the apartment features modern streamlined kitchen with gas cooking, luxury bathroom with spa bath, ample storage space, neutral décor and quality finishes throughout. The open plan kitchen, dining, lounge area that opens to a balcony with lovely river & city scape views providing for outdoor living.

http://www.domain.com.au/03-4-wahro...ntent=dynamic-listing&utm_campaign=c-all-rent

This is more than a bit frustrating. :banghead:

That's what I guessed the "secret sound" as...

f956199fd4efe75daeeeafa856fe44d2.jpg

It does look like a weight in that photo
Are you talking about the black ball by the television? looks like an ornament type thing to me.
attachment.php

Attachments

• tostee.jpg
    tostee.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 104
Looks like a sponge to me though.

And wtf "on the table" what a load of codswallop. That lawyer really just pulls stuff out his butt.

Mr Holt submitted Tostee was not the “cartoonish villain portrayed in the media” as the Tinder killer.

“He has told her to leave, he’s let her up and he’s told her if he tries anything he’ll knock her out,” he said.

“The reality is, she then tries something. She picks up the metal clamp and hits him.

“She is clearly on the table holding that object. It’s clearly the object being referred to when he’s saying ‘let go, let go, let go’.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...5/news-story/d47587533641d7a3fd649e04d3272c5d

Someone would have needed to have been chasing her with a knife for her actions to be reasonable, Mr Holt argued.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...s-decisions-led-to-death-20161014-gs2wvi.html

I was just thinking that if you get the cheese out the fridge and sit on the bench what do you need to cut it?
imo

BBM

*I just got chills*

Had she not fallen down, he likely wouldn't have been prosecuted for false imprisonment.

The law is only applicable, like every law, when put into the proper context given the facts.

For all he knew, the neighbor could have come out on their balcony, and offered her their phone to call someone. There doesn't seem to be some master plan here to squirrel her away to further torment her, rape her, or beat her. He gives her an entire building and city block in the dead of night to be witnesses, and to help her out.

Brilliant plan.

So if a lion chases you to the end of a cliff; and then decides to start heading your way to threaten your life more.

Are you going to stand there and hope a pack of hyenas come and save your life?

If someone stranded me on a 14th floor balcony I would freak out.
I am afraid of heights but I'm not afraid of being up high, like in a building or a plane, or a theme park ride (if I felt safely secured in)

It's places like high balconies and near cliff edges that really freak me out. I've had that feeling that there was a magnet pulling me, like gravity wanting me to fall.
Does anyone else ever get that feeling ?

imo

Don't you just love his spin :rolleyes: .... she is clearly on the table???? Is that to try to deflect the thought that Tostee could not have been on the carpeted area when the metal object tinkled on the ground? He had to have had Warriena on the balcony already, or in the kitchen area close to the front door (and the cheese knife?)

He probably showed her a gun and acted like he was coming back out on the balcony to finish her off. Jmo.

Or cheese cutting knife? As someone said - cheese is out on counter (am sure that is what is is) but no knife to cut it with? Unless he had placed it in the sink. Would that be listed somewhere in police evidence?

^ I had that feeling when I held live electrical wires accidentally. I couldn't let go of the vortex.

Don't you just love his spin :rolleyes: .... she is clearly on the table???? Is that to try to deflect the thought that Tostee could not have been on the carpeted area when the metal object tinkled on the ground? He had to have had Warriena on the balcony already, or in the kitchen area close to the front door (and the cheese knife?)

Or discount the height difference

Exactly. She climbed Q1 and skydived, which implies she doesn't have the same fear of heights everyone else here does. It's completely reasonable that she thought she could make it down, and misjudged it in a moment of over confidence.

The argument that 'who would go over the rail unless they were in fear of their life' doesn't quite work in this case.

My daughter and her boyfriend have done skydiving and paragliding, they're both thrill seekers, but she wouldn't attempt scaling down a balcony of a high-rise unless in fear of her life. Also, Warriena had been suffocated in some way by Tostee, the threat was real not imagined. Tostee was the aggressor, he had full control and he didn't want her to leave his apartment. JMO

imo

Thanks Soso.

BBM: Holt wasn't there at the time so how does he know that "the reality is"?;

These are all fabrications by Holt to mislead the jury!

In the majority of court cases, it is nothing more than a game for the legal representatives involved, and whoever plays that game the best, wins!

If someone stranded me on a 14th floor balcony I would freak out.
I am afraid of heights but I'm not afraid of being up high, like in a building or a plane, or a theme park ride (if I felt safely secured in)

It's places like high balconies and near cliff edges that really freak me out. I've had that feeling that there was a magnet pulling me, like gravity wanting me to fall.
Does anyone else ever get that feeling ?

I had that feeling when I held live electrical wires accidentally. I couldn't let go of the vortex.

Question

Why did he take her belongings if he wanted her to leave.

And why not chuck her out the front door.

Are some really trying to say that Tostee wasn't trying to make her pay the ultimate price?

Then he had pizza?

Your passport is your life. And he held on to hers.

So wouldn't this be false imprisonment?

“You *advertiser censored* psycho. I’m going to let you go, I’m going to walk you out of this apartment, just the way you are,” he says.
“You’re not going to collect any belongings. I’ll slam the door on you. You’re not going to pull anything or I’ll knock you out. I’ll knock you the *advertiser censored** out. Do you understand? Do you understand?”

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...m/news-story/9d371f8eb19ac2e00fee6fa474f631fd
Maybe, one or a few of the jury think Tostee was using threatening language. I wonder what the Judge will say?:thinking:
It's interesting to look over Tostee's words again. He's using very threatening language and he says he'll walk her out the door just as she is, but then decides not to. This is crucial, he changed his mind and it had nothing to do with Warriena's actions, but her words. She would call the police. JMO

Who says "I'm going to let you go" ?

Someone who believes they have the authority to decide if you can leave, or NOT.

Just that one sentence lets us know he was holding Warriena at his mercy, and why she felt she was in danger if she didn't get away via the balcony. That and "I would, but you've been a bad girl."

And some people, unbelievably, after hearing her choking for 45 seconds or whatever the length of time, can't see why she tried to get away. The defence case is she didn't even know he had locked the door. So if she thought the door was unlocked and didn't try to get straight back in through the door to leave his apartment, she MUST have felt she wasn't safe staying on the balcony where he could come back within seconds and do anything to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties