Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That balcony is 14 stories high. Not many people can see it...

Plus it sounds like a party central type town = plenty of people awake at 2:30 a.m.

But it was a Thursday night off season..

That's not what I said. I said if one of your sons dates someone with such a disorder, your perspective on the "wussy man" will change dramatically.

I'm not sure what you're saying? Because no one in this case had BPD. My youngest son suffers with anxiety attacks though and he adores his girlfriend who also suffers anxiety & depression.

And what if W called him a 'f xxgot?' What would that be?

The truth perhaps. Judging by his reaction. :)

(Please let me clarify for others, that I detest that word. So derogatory to gay men, I feel.)

That then goes to whether her actions in climbing over the balcony were reasonable. As GT's lawyer said, for climbing the balcony to be reasonable in the circumstances, GT would have to be posing an immediate and direct threat to her life, like coming after her with a knife. And the jury can't consider that a possibility because prosecution didn't allege it. Prosecution didn't allege it because there is no evidence that this happened.
Correct. He's no longer in control of her physically. There is a pane of glass between them. Was that her only course of action from that point on? Straight to the last resort?

Who's to say that he wasn't then going to grab a phone and call the police? Or gather up her things to give to her? Or breathe on the glass and write sorry?

<modsnip>

Correct. He's no longer in control of her physically. There is a pane of glass between them. Was that her only course of action from that point on? Straight to the last resort?

Who's to say that he wasn't then going to grab a phone and call the police? Or gather up her things to give to her? Or breathe on the glass and write sorry?

No way. He's a man, therefore he was menacing and planning further torture. Reality isn't as black and white as it is on TV.

Oh, he was still in control. Make no mistake. He had her locked on his balcony, and he had her terrified.

The truth perhaps. Judging by his reaction. :)

Yeah a lot of the young kids these days call each other those things, but its normally not maliciously intended. They are a different generation for sure and it has taken me a bit of getting used to. I think Warriena was just kind of typical of her generation.

Irrelevant to a guilty verdict being overturned on appeal. The defence can't argue that the jury was not satisfied BRD.

I'd like to respond, but it is unclear what you are saying. Can you clarify?

The bizarre thing is, the world being as I know it, Rrie, being a bank employee in NZ would have been through lots of drills, including terrorist and earthquake ones. Hell, I live in QLD and work for a large organisation and we have drills, drills, drills. You learn to sleepwalk your way through them, they become second nature. You are trained to minimise danger and to reach for your phone. She wanted to call the police, but was obstructed.

Yeah a lot of the young kids these days call each other those things, but its normally not maliciously intended. They are a different generation for sure and it has taken me a bit of getting used to. I think Warriena was just kind of typical of her generation.

Yes, I agree. It is a commonly used word. I just think it is a pretty yuk commonly used word.
I ask my nephews not to use it, hoping that it will sink in that it could be offensive.

Maybe it is impossible for this jury to reach a decision. Who knows?

As an observation, I know I couldn't go out and eat pizza if a young lady fell to her death from my balcony.

I'm not sure what you're saying? Because no one in this case had BPD. My youngest son suffers with anxiety attacks though and he adores his girlfriend who also suffers anxiety & depression.
Apparently, if one of your sons is intimidated by a girl, they are a wussy. Your words, not mine.

You simply haven't experienced the right girl yet. Wait, and watch. You'll see.

it was panic, she was was acting in a true state of panic, no logic to it. It's very primal.

....and can you bring yourself to concede.........irrational? Or is it like the Fonz who simply cannot bring himself to say....

[video=youtube;WkqgDoo_eZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqgDoo_eZE[/video]

Actually, it is this generation that frowns upon using that word. It's the previous generation that used it in derogatory terms.

Apparently, if one of your sons is intimidated by a girl, they are a wussy. Your words, not mine.

You simply haven't experienced the right girl yet. Wait, and watch. You'll see.

I doubt it very much, but whatever. If one of my son's were intimidated by a girl they would deal with it properly, not place that girl in such a dangerous position in the first place. Most young guys are good with their girlfriend's and don't ever resort to the same tactics as GT. I have never heard of a young guy doing what GT has done, thank god. And that's the reason once again he finds himself on the wrong side of the law, again. He is big trouble.

If there was evidence of that before the court, then he would probably be found guilty.

Good. Because the evidence is there.

Locked on balcony:
Male: ...... I just chucked her out on the balcony and locked the door ........&#8221;
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...k=93ca66885e27eca209605bc238b2c20a-1476875140

Terrified:
&#8220;It wasn&#8217;t just an ordinary scream. It was a terrified scream,&#8221; he testified. (One witness)
&#8220;I heard her say, &#8216;I want to go home&#8217;. I heard her say, &#8216;help&#8217;..... (A different witness)
&#8220;No, no, no, no,&#8221; Ms Wright is heard to repeatedly yell, in chilling, blood curdling screams. (On the recording)
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...m/news-story/9d371f8eb19ac2e00fee6fa474f631fd

I doubt it very much, but whatever. If one of my son's were intimidated by a girl they would deal with it properly, not place that girl in such a dangerous position in the first place. Most young guys are good with their girlfriend's and don't ever resort to the same tactics as GT. I have never heard of a young guy doing what GT has done, thank god. And that's the reason once again he finds himself on the wrong side of the law, again. He is big trouble.
So if one were to physically attack him, what would be the "proper" action?

If there was evidence of that before the court, then he would probably be found guilty.
He had her completely under control to the point of being able to move her outside, then surrenders that control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow