Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the Jury are thinking that if the accused is back on the streets, something is going to go wrong again relatively quickly and there is no legal precedent for that.
The image of the detectives tonight really touched me. I hope the jury saw them. They kind of looked like the Salvation Army to me. I really hope Rrie's family saw the detectives and took comfort from them.

Off topic - remember I said earlier that I had no chance of catching up? And those mummy cuddles my son needed? Turns out a puke fest was brewing.

See you tomorrow, friends. Hopefully it won't be a long night and he's over the worst. Even teenage boys don't want their mum to be too far away when they feel rubbish.

Maybe it is impossible for this jury to reach a decision. Who knows?

As an observation, I know I couldn't go out and eat pizza if a young lady fell to her death from my balcony.

Could of eaten to try sober up?

He had her completely under control to the point of being able to move her outside, then surrenders that control.

He relinquished control as much as a zookeeper/animal handler relinquishes control when he puts a creature in a cage.

Just popping in to say that I'd been avoiding hearing the recording. I've heard it now. I can't keep up with all the posts and threads here. Can someone tell me if I am the only one who thinks he may have actually dangled her over the balcony and that's why she was so terrified and saying no so much ?

Yep, I am sad to live in Queensland, to work in Queensland, about my life. Have spent half the day illustrating things for incarcerated students studying psychology and the other half creating support material for an international forum on female survivors.

You are a special kind of possum, Poss :loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

Sitting beside the brave Wellingtonian are those who loved Rrie most – childhood best friend Savana Sasa, 24, who saw Rrie just hours before she died, flatmates Esi Sasa, 23, and Sammie Brown, 25, and family friend Nonnie Brown, 22.The tight-knit group was almost inseparable, and is desperately struggling to accept that the ‘big sister’ they loved so much is gone forever.
‘It all feels so weird. I was supposed to pick her up from the airport a few days later,’ says Reza from the Lower Hutt home she shared with her only sister.
‘The first thing I thought when the police told me was, “It’s not true. You’ve got the wrong person.” I don’t think any of us believe she’s gone yet.’
Reza continues, ‘It had always been the two of us together. We’re not that close with our parents and we had never lived apart.’
Thinking back on their childhoods, Reza remembers idolising her sister.
‘I was the annoying little sister following her around. I even tried to go into her classroom on the first day of school,’ she says.
Rrie, who worked in the credit department at Kiwibank, was undeniably gorgeous, but Reza wants people to know she was more than a beautiful face.

‘She loved animals, gaming, anime, photography and pranking. She was always playing jokes on people,’ says debt collections associate Reza.
‘She was really intelligent and reliable. I think she would want people to remember that because she always valued smarts before looks. She was just lucky to have both.’
Now, says Reza, the thought of a future without Rrie feels ‘impossible’. ‘Her main goal was for us to buy our own home where we felt safe. That’s all she wanted for me, to be safe.’
While Rrie was fiercely independent, Reza believes underneath it all she wanted to find love and settle down.
‘I think she wanted to get married one day, but she was very independent.’
Reza had mixed emotions when she farewelled Rrie before her two-week holiday to the Gold Coast, where she was attending her friend Hayley Ison’s wedding.
Rrie was excited to see her friend, head to Dream World and go shopping, but Reza couldn’t help but feel sad, knowing it would be the longest time the sisters had ever spent apart.
Poignantly, the last words they said to each other in person were ‘I love you’. After Rrie left, they kept in touch daily – and she demanded her little sister send regular photos and updates about her beloved cat, who Reza was looking after.
But on the night of Rrie’s death, neither her sister nor their friends had any idea what the evening would bring – not even Brisbane-based Savana, who spent the day shopping and sightseeing in Surfer’s Paradise with Rrie and saw her just hours before her death.
‘She dropped me at the train station that afternoon [Thursday, August 7],’ Savana says. ‘She didn’t like hugs so I just said, “I’ll see you Saturday,” because we had planned to meet up again.’
But by 2.20am on Friday morning, Rrie was dead. Now, three weeks on, Reza still isn’t back at work and is slowly making her way through the stages of grief.
Looking back, she often wishes she’d had the chance to say more to Rrie. ‘Of course I was proud of her, but we never spoke very emotionally with each other. I keep thinking she will call me and say, “Where are you? You’re supposed to be picking me up from the airport,”’ says Reza.
Taking a deep breath, she continues, ‘I actually don’t understand it because she wanted to come home and we had plans to do all this other stuff.
‘We’re supposed to be old enough to understand death but I just don’t understand this.’

https://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/life...cony-death-i-can-t-believe-rrie-s-gone/#page1

Good. Because the evidence is there.

Locked on balcony:
Male: ...... I just chucked her out on the balcony and locked the door ........”
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...k=93ca66885e27eca209605bc238b2c20a-1476875140

Terrified:
“It wasn’t just an ordinary scream. It was a terrified scream,” he testified. (One witness)
“I heard her say, ‘I want to go home’. I heard her say, ‘help’..... (A different witness)
“No, no, no, no,” Ms Wright is heard to repeatedly yell, in chilling, blood curdling screams. (On the recording)
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...m/news-story/9d371f8eb19ac2e00fee6fa474f631fd

You are right. It's not disputed that she was locked on the balcony. There is also plenty of evidence she was terrified. But there is no evidence that he was in control, or that she was terrified of him. She could have been terrified because she thought he was going to leave her on the balcony all night when she wanted to go home.

There's the "be a man" myth again.

It's not like on TV where people are neatly restrained or treated with pillow softness.

At some point, one of your sons will date a woman with BPD or a related illness, and you will see a whole new perspective.

BBM.

I’m so happy to see mental health awareness alive and well.

There has been no indication that Warriena had any mental health issues, aside from GT calling her a pscho b****, so if we could refrain from insinuating otherwise, that would be nice. And yes, I understand you weren't directly talking about Warriena, but the insinuation is very much present.

Even if she (or any woman for that matter) had BPD, this does not mean that she is automatically abusive or difficult to deal with and I wholly reject the implication of it!

<modsnip>

It was a sad day when my brother said to me you can't be on the swings but if you come closer you might get a chance. I was 8 and got four ribs broken listening to him. He freaking knew his legs would wind me and crash my ribs. If prosecutors delve into the life of the child, they will see evidence of previous cruelty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

:hug:

This trial is getting completely out of control. Any guilty verdict is going to be quashed on appeal. He cannot be found guilty based on the evidence before the court.

He had her completely under control to the point of being able to move her outside, then surrenders that control.

Possibly not if he was threatening her with a knife or a gun. But there was no evidence of that, so the jury can't consider that as a possibility.

You are right. It's not disputed that she was locked on the balcony. There is also plenty of evidence she was terrified. But there is no evidence that he was in control, or that she was terrified of him. She could have been terrified because she thought he was going to leave her on the balcony all night when she wanted to go home.

I repeat ....

He relinquished control as much as a zookeeper/animal handler relinquishes control when he puts a creature in a cage.

I doubt it very much, but whatever. If one of my son's were intimidated by a girl they would deal with it properly, not place that girl in such a dangerous position in the first place. Most young guys are good with their girlfriend's and don't ever resort to the same tactics as GT. I have never heard of a young guy doing what GT has done, thank god. And that's the reason once again he finds himself on the wrong side of the law, again. He is big trouble.

BBM. Neither have I. I doubt there will be any events similar where an adult woman goes as an Invitee to a complete stranger's Unit within minutes of meeting him, and buys booze on the way, and then takes evocative selfies or participates in them - posing away, texts their Sister about hooking up with some Australian equivalent of some TV Show Hero by way of some boast, drinks that booze and more, gets involved in some sex play acting, has sex (I assume) goes 'psycho,' - is then made well aware their behaviour has become unacceptable to the Host and yet then starts tossing rocks at her host and around his Unit, gets subdued by him, unlawfully strikes out at the Host with a metal object (potentially mortally, or causing GBH,) gets put by the Host on a balcony where they are each safe, and then they die because by sheer irrational decision, said adult woman decides to climb off a 14th Floor balcony. Happens all the time, I suppose......does it?

He still had to deal with her stuff, and getting her out of there. She now had buildings full of witnesses at her disposal.

Her perception of his intent, doesn't mean that was his intent. She's not a mind reader. His actions, clearly, surrendered any advantage he had at that point. The neighbors were already witnessing things before she fell. It could not have been lost on him that this was now a very public issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake