Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, all he had to do is stand inside looking at her and draw his own hand across his throat. That would be enough to continue terrorising her.

So true SA. She was already intimidated and fearful - it wouldn't have taken much more...especially taking into account all the other factors that contributed to her state. I feel so very very sorry that her last moments were in that apartment, on that balcony, in that company.

Greg StolzVerified account ‏@GregStolzJourno [video=twitter;788652554137722881]https://twitter.com/GregStolzJourno/status/788652554137722881[/video]
Jury in Gable Tostee trial still unable to reach verdict despite extra 90 mins of deliberation this arv. Back tomorrow for 4th day #tostee

Another day of trying to resist (unsuccessfully) following the thread while working. :sigh:

But that's okay. Take as long as you need, jury. Get refreshed. Tomorrow is a new day.

Could anyone have expected she would climb over the rail? Or is the expectation that the person will calm down and not cause such a scene in front of other people?

Which is the more reasonable expectation by putting someone outside?

You weren't there ..... and who said that SHE climbed over? He manhandled her, it is all on that tape he was recording. Tostee is a creepy fwit.

Does anyone know the longest it has taken a jury to deliberate and return a verdict in a murder case in Aus.? I couldn't find any info. on it when i did a search.

(yes, I'm still stuck on that damn object)

I am pretty sure he was unscrewing weights. They sound... heavy and very 'spinny', they unscrewed really quickly, like he was spinning the end of something fast to undo it. What else could it possibly be?

Heck, all he had to do is stand inside looking at her and draw his own hand across his throat. That would be enough to continue terrorising her.

Agree.

I truly don't see how people are not seeing that he terrorized her to her death.

And I'm really surprised about the victim blaming here. Jmo.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TessaHardy9/status/785378078683910144

attachment.php
OK you guys probably would of seen this picture already, but, does anyone know what that black disk shaped item is on the TV unit? That's not the end off a weight is it? Sorry just my first time seeing this picture or from this angle. Another thing, that sun bed does look very close to the rail.

That is a block of cheese on the bar?

Another day of trying to resist (unsuccessfully) following the thread while working. :sigh:

But that's okay. Take as long as you need, jury. Get refreshed. Tomorrow is a new day.

I feel a bit sorry for these people. they're getting a LOT of flak on social media for asking questions, taking their time.

But that's we want, people.... If this was your life on the line.. if this was your daughter needing justice.. well, I'd want them to ask anything at all, take all they time, they possibly needed to make sure justice was done according to the law.

It's very encouraging that they're 4 days in to the deliberations. Clearly, there are divided, and people are not simply caving in for their own convenience.

I am not sure they are going to be able to come to a verdict. There are 6 men and 6 women. I think they may be seeing things from different perspectives overall. Much like we see in social media and even here on WS.

That is why I predicted a hung jury in the first place.

The law does not specify the where it is done just that holding someone against their will is False Imprisonment.
False imprisonment: The elements of the offence explained
http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/5443/false-imprisonment-the-elements-of-the-offence-exp.aspx
Had she not fallen down, he likely wouldn't have been prosecuted for false imprisonment.

The law is only applicable, like every law, when put into the proper context given the facts.

For all he knew, the neighbor could have come out on their balcony, and offered her their phone to call someone. There doesn't seem to be some master plan here to squirrel her away to further torment her, rape her, or beat her. He gives her an entire building and city block in the dead of night to be witnesses, and to help her out.

Brilliant plan.

Makara, Sleep, Morrisa, Amee, and anyone else who posted the tweets today, thanks very much. Much appreciated.

I was just listening to some audio, you know how he gets angry and tells her he's gonna take her out just the way she is, she can't collect her belongings?
Then he says "get up" "come on get up!" there's a short moment after that with a LOT of rustling and movement. I wonder if she made a dash for her stuff and was throwing her pants on or something. Then he gets angry and is all "you don't understand" repeatedly because she didn't do as she was told. Then she's choked/gagged. I reckon she grabs the thing to hit him at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member