Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm still catching up.

I don't like his answer at all. Is he saying Warriena could not have reacted to a verbal threat/menace? This is disgusting.

Yep, I am sad to live in Queensland, to work in Queensland, about my life. Have spent half the day illustrating things for incarcerated students studying psychology and the other half creating support material for an international forum on female survivors.

I missed a lot today and I have no hope of catching up with the thread - incredibly busy at work and a big workout, then my son needed some mummy snuggles without distractions. My apologies if I repeat anything or ask stupid questions tonight. I'll blame the stupid questions on the glass of wine I'm about to pour ;)

I'm so frustrated. Why is the judge discounting important evidence? What is the point of even having the recording played in court if only physical force can be taken into account?

That balcony is 14 stories high. Not many people can see it...

Plus it sounds like a party central type town = plenty of people awake at 2:30 a.m.

I missed a lot today and I have no hope of catching up with the thread - incredibly busy at work and a big workout, then my son needed some mummy snuggles without distractions. My apologies if I repeat anything or ask stupid questions tonight. I'll blame the stupid questions on the glass of wine I'm about to pour ;)

I'm so frustrated. Why is the judge discounting important evidence? What is the point of even having the recording played in court if only physical force can be taken into account?

Hey Fruity, it is verbal revoltingness that can't be taken into account. Verbal intimidation. Would you believe it?

I think it because the prosecutor did not pursue the threats angle.

Imo

He got rough

She wanted to leave

And he went crazy.

So can the Tostee defenders tell us why the doting young lady had to become defensive against Tostee.

Especially since rape is rape and she probably tried to fight back.

But he only wanted to record the fighting?

There is zero evidence of rape, nor is it the charge he is facing.

So are verbal threats of terrorism to be ignored by the police?

How about schools? If someone rings in a bomb threat should they just ignore it?

Verbal threats can be incredibly terrifying and should be taken into account!!

BBM
To escalate Warriena IMO. We saw how he enjoyed teasing that poor girl he recorded then proceeded to post the recording on a forum for (IMO) entertainment and pats on the back from the boys. (OT: I wonder if she even knows that interaction is in full public view...its pathetic).

Even without his self-proclaimed genius, it seems evident to me that if someone had stated they wanted to leave, withholding their possessions would interrupt that process. If anything, he could have thrown her items out the front door - as a means of encouraging her to leave the premises. Instead IMO he wanted to see how she would react when he pushed her in the psychological sense.
Yes, because everyone wants to expose their neighbors to that in the hallways of their condo. Eviction anyone?

So he's trying to control her or terrorize her to what end? He had her. He could have done anything to her in the privacy of his living room.

He could have choked her out while he was choking her, as everyone insists he was doing, and had his way with her. It's not like she fought herself out of his grip, and ran to the balcony. After it gets out of hand, he includes witnesses as a de-escalation tactic. Little did he know, it wouldn't work as intended.

The fact the lower neighbors were already out before she fell, underscores the point that moving the altercation to the balcony obviously brings witnesses and scrutiny.

It is a sad day for women (and men) when choking someone can be considered reasonable force. I hope that the jury can find their way to a good and correct verdict. I hate to think of the precedent it could create in other choking cases ... especially DV cases. Every creep in Qld could then use the sad and sorry excuse of self defence, via story fabrication.

imo

It was a sad day when my brother said to me you can't be on the swings but if you come closer you might get a chance. I was 8 and got four ribs broken listening to him. He freaking knew his legs would wind me and crash my ribs. If prosecutors delve into the life of the child, they will see evidence of previous cruelty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, I am sad to live in Queensland, to work in Queensland, about my life. Have spent half the day illustrating things for incarcerated students studying psychology and the other half creating support material for an international forum on female survivors.

Aww.

There's only one consolation here that I can see. If the jury convicts and it goes to appeal, it can't be said the Judge influenced them towards a guilty verdict. I'm looking for any positive. I'm not impressed with what I've seen here.

I suppose they've got to listen really carefully to the rustling noises. I really don't know <shrugs>

So are verbal threats of terrorism to be ignored by the police?

How about schools? If someone rings in a bomb test should they just ignore it?

Verbal threats can be incredibly terrifying and should be taken into account!!

Well in the last few days we have learned that anyone can live or dump stuff on your balcony, because it legally isn't yours AND anyone can say anything threatening they like to you without if constituting any form of fear. Go figure.

So some guy beating your daughter and taking her passport and leaving her without her items; Should be considerd as him giving her ample time when she clearly states that she just wants to leave.

Are you actually saying this.
I am saying that when it gets completely out of hand, he is not acting on some master plan to kidnap her, and force her to do things as evidenced by him placing her where there is an endless supply of witnesses and help.

My response was just that. A repose to the theory that he had something more sinister in mind coming. At that point, there was no way of him doing anything to her without dozens of people hearing, or seeing with the crystal clear quality of the dead of night.

That balcony is 14 stories high. Not many people can see it...

Plus it sounds like a party central type town = plenty of people awake at 2:30 a.m.
The neighbors came out, even before she fell.

That question heavily favors Gable IMO. if they can't use language and there was no proof of weapon how will they convict him of murder?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member