Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not SA obviously but you can listen to Hans Rupp giving his opinion in Caroline Overington's Nowhere Child podcast - Episode 4 "Person Of Interest".

He did consider the foster parents could be involved however there was no evidence to support that , he went on to say he didn't think any member of the family was involved at all.
Thanks, Lemony. I had a listen and you're right. Hans Rupp: "I don't think any member of the family was involved at all."

I transcribed a bit of what was said, edited to take out the ums and ahs:

From "A Person of Interest", Nowhere Child, episode 4, 09 August 2019
(the link goes to Omny.fm)

(08:33)
Caroline Overington (CO) to Hans Rupp: What was your feeling [about what might have happened to William]?

Hans Rupp (HR): Well, I think that there's some-- someone grabbed him, off the street, bundled him into a car and he just disappeared, and it's a very quiet street where he was living at the time, and it was so easy for the offender. It's a street that isn't a through road, so you had to have a reason to be in that street at that time. It's not like you'd find it accidentally or you just happen to be driving past, whoever did it had to be in that street at that time.

CO to listeners: Detective Rupp of course considered the possibility that the Fosters [the foster family] may have been involved. And again, there is no suggestion that they were, and they would in years to come be formally ruled out. But in those early days he had to consider it because, when somebody is murdered or suddenly goes missing, it is often the people closest to them who are responsible.
. . .

(09:57)
CO: In the Tyrrell case, he tested the story being told by the Fosters [the foster family] and it stood up for him. He saw trauma in their faces when they spoke about William, but what's most important is that he found no evidence to suggest that they were involved and he emphasised that to us repeatedly.

CO (to HR): You don't mean that in the case of-- like, the Tyrrell case would be absent from that idea that [re the offender in a homicide case] it's normally someone in the house who loves you. That's not your belief about that case.

HR: No, absolutely. That's generalising about how-- who commits murders. Now, the Tyrrell case was perplexing because there wasn't a clear suspect who had a connection to the family, and that's still the case today, I think.

CO: Yes, exactly, and your feeling was always that it was the stranger in that case and not - as a more traditional homicide - somebody that you know.

HR: Absolutely. There was a stranger involved. I don't think any member of the family was involved at all. No.

Thanks, Lemony. I had a listen and you're right. Hans Rupp: "I don't think any member of the family was involved at all."

I transcribed a bit of what was said, edited to take out the ums and ahs:

From "A Person of Interest", Nowhere Child, episode 4, 09 August 2019
(the link goes to Omny.fm)

(08:33)
Caroline Overington (CO) to Hans Rupp: What was your feeling [about what might have happened to William]?

Hans Rupp (HR): Well, I think that there's some-- someone grabbed him, off the street, bundled him into a car and he just disappeared, and it's a very quiet street where he was living at the time, and it was so easy for the offender. It's a street that isn't a through road, so you had to have a reason to be in that street at that time. It's not like you'd find it accidentally or you just happen to be driving past, whoever did it had to be in that street at that time.

CO to listeners: Detective Rupp of course considered the possibility that the Fosters [the foster family] may have been involved. And again, there is no suggestion that they were, and they would in years to come be formally ruled out. But in those early days he had to consider it because, when somebody is murdered or suddenly goes missing, it is often the people closest to them who are responsible.
. . .

(09:57)
CO: In the Tyrrell case, he tested the story being told by the Fosters [the foster family] and it stood up for him. He saw trauma in their faces when they spoke about William, but what's most important is that he found no evidence to suggest that they were involved and he emphasised that to us repeatedly.

CO (to HR): You don't mean that in the case of-- like, the Tyrrell case would be absent from that idea that [re the offender in a homicide case] it's normally someone in the house who loves you. That's not your belief about that case.

HR: No, absolutely. That's generalising about how-- who commits murders. Now, the Tyrrell case was perplexing because there wasn't a clear suspect who had a connection to the family, and that's still the case today, I think.

CO: Yes, exactly, and your feeling was always that it was the stranger in that case and not - as a more traditional homicide - somebody that you know.

HR: Absolutely. There was a stranger involved. I don't think any member of the family was involved at all. No.
Does CO elaborate as to when that interview with HR took place and when he said that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember the exact timing of it but the recent visit from the a repairman was discovered by someone that knew him and historic charges against him were brought to light.
If I recall correctly Wexford, the repairman had some historical charges against him in 1970's I believe/ remember, this was a few years ago, he was charged with several Offences against two young girls but never came to Court as the paperwork went missing in setting the date for the trial, both parties did not chase it up.
It still went to court a few years ago(rather too late for both sides IMO) Repair man was found not guilty, as evidence, witness statements of the period were gone/ witnesses passed away. The two girls who were now grown memories were very hazy.
I recalled it was the Police when doing a person checked on the repairman found the information was on file.
It is amazing what remains on files, even I found that out
( Nearly 30 years ago, in Perth Western Australia I was booked and questioned/taken in for Jay walking Offence,I was crossing Wellington Street was in a hurry as I was running late to met up with friend, Officer was up on the Horseshoe Bridge, he came after me on Motorcycle he put lights and siren on "In his report, I was running , possible was carrying Drugs" My story and evidence was when caught by another Officer and him, well I had my walkman on listening, I remember Queen or David Bowie full blast on Headphones, could not heard the siren. So I was chased, fined and interveiwed and warned ...... years later we had to have a Police Check for the Hotel I went to work for, one of the questions we had was" have you been detained/ interveiw by police even though not charged" I answered the question informed my boss why I answered . Short time later, was confirmed record is there and so is my fine for Jaywalking)
Strangely enough records go missing and some remain which can be brought up at the worse time or situation like the Repairman.
I wonder if I still have a mark or record on the Airlines had not flown since 2017. In late 2017, I triggered the alarm had a security lockdown at on Australia International Airport. It was detected in my bag, through the bag scan, I had unidentifing chemical in my bag ( watered down apple juice for my youngest child, forgot to empty out the bottle) Throughout month trip I was constantly stopped at Airports.
Planning to travel interstate by plane to see family after all this COVID, well I will find out

Missing toddler William Tyrrell's grandfather dies | Daily Mail Online

I was listening to the Lia Harris podcast last last night - the episode entitled "Two Families".

It was interesting to learn that LT was taken into short term foster care at 3 months old. She had several short term placements before being placed with the foster family we know. WT was taken into foster care at 9 months old.

When the BF and BM learnt that WT was to be taken into foster care - they hid at the GF's home for 7 weeks. (This is the BM's father. )

I had never heard a biological grandfather mentioned up until this point in time.

It was also interesting to hear that the FM could not identify anyone in the blue/green vehicle which did a U-turn at the top of Beneroon drive - when the children were riding their bikes. The FM said she saw the car for about 10 seconds. There were no details of what the driver looked like - she could not see anyone.

She said LT stopped riding her bike and watched the car.

Where did the I.D of the driver come from that has been discussed so much on WS ? I have seen it printed in MSM articles - many times. This information is from episode 1 of the podcast.

I was listening to the Lia Harris podcast last last night - the episode entitled "Two Families".

It was interesting to learn that LT was taken into short term foster care at 3 months old. She had several short term placements before being placed with the foster family we know. WT was taken into foster care at 9 months old.

When the BF and BM learnt that WT was to be taken into foster care - they hid at the GF's home for 7 weeks. (This is the BM's father. )

I had never heard a biological grandfather mentioned up until this point in time.

It was also interesting to hear that the FM could not identify anyone in the blue/green vehicle which did a U-turn at the top of Beneroon drive - when the children were riding their bikes. The FM said she saw the car for about 10 seconds. There were no details of what the driver looked like - she could not see anyone.

Where did the I.D of the driver come from that has been discussed so much on WS ? I have seen it printed in MSM articles - many times. This information is from episode 1 of the podcast.

BBM - William was not hidden at the BM's fathers, he was hidden at the BF's fathers home.

William Tyrrell's parents hid him from authorities before putting him in foster care, court hears

"but his parents hid him for six weeks at his paternal grandfather's house in western Sydney."

The driver of the blue/green car has never been ID'd, the FM did give a description at the inquest.

‘Where’s the red?’: Mum’s frantic search

"She said she was still working with police on an image of the person she saw, although at the time she had told her daughter it was “probably a neighbour”.

I can't validate it, however it's my opinion that WT was hidden at a different BGF's place when his BP's absconded with him. The I.D of the driver came from evidence the FFC gave at the inquest.

BBM - William was not hidden at the BM's fathers, he was hidden at the BF's fathers home.

William Tyrrell's parents hid him from authorities before putting him in foster care, court hears

"but his parents hid him for six weeks at his paternal grandfather's house in western Sydney."

The driver of the blue/green car has never been ID'd, the FM did give a description at the inquest.

‘Where’s the red?’: Mum’s frantic search

"She said she was still working with police on an image of the person she saw, although at the time she had told her daughter it was “probably a neighbour”.

Thank you. I can understand the discrepancy on which grandfather is being spoken about.

The talk on the driver in the blue/green car - that was from the the FFC - yet different from what was said at the inquest.

Maybe it's information that the FF were asked to withhold? It is just that listening through- I noticed the difference.

The FF next date in court is 22/2/2022. What a date !

Either Hornsby or Paramatta. The last date pretty much slid by without the media involvement.

I did listen to Lia Harris's last podcast 'Dead End'. There was not much said about all the findings from the searches is Nov 2021, other than reports had been sent to the coroner.

Inferences were made based on that statement - ie. that nothing was found that would result in an arrest.

WT related, but not the disappearance. This may have been discussed or explained earlier. How does child services work? I've seen here that when WT went missing LE thought one of BM other children was WT. With the BM keeping other children in her custody, why was WT or LT not returned to BM if she is now deemed capable? WT was only 3 so the other child must be close in age to be mistaken. I just don't understand when you see so many things saying reunification is the goal.

I saw yesterday that (recently retired former police commissioner) Mick Fuller has got himself in a bit of a corruption mess.
Good thing that he is no longer overseeing William's investigation - and making derogatory public comments about other retired police. A bit ironic really. imo

At least 5 other senior police have some involvement also. Hopefully, none of those as-yet-unnamed officers are involved in William's investigation.

"From my perspective and the NSW government's perspective, he won't be given a role on the board," Mr Anderson said.

Earlier on Thursday, Premier Dominic Perrottet refused to be drawn on how long his government knew about the lack of disclosures from Mr Fuller.

The NSWPF's official policies have declared the racing industry as "high risk" for conflicts of interest since the Wood royal commission into police corruption 25 years ago.

Mick Fuller ruled out of Racing NSW role after ABC investigation

The ABC can reveal Mr Levy’s company, Ozmart Catering Group Pty Ltd, went on to win a $3 million contract with the NSWPF in 2017, after Mr Fuller became commissioner.
How top cop Mick Fuller's racehorse co-owner 'Chicken Dave' won a $3m contract with NSW Police

Last edited:
Thank you. I can understand the discrepancy on which grandfather is being spoken about.

The talk on the driver in the blue/green car - that was from the the FFC - yet different from what was said at the inquest.

Maybe it's information that the FF were asked to withhold? It is just that listening through- I noticed the difference.
That car was also initially reported as grey/green in MSM, but then changed to teal over the years. 1st published just after the 60 minutes interview which introduced the other 2 cars. William Tyrrell: Police seek information on two cars | audio, video "
There was also another vehicle described as a dark green/greyish coloured sedan police are interested in.

The vehicle drove past Benaroon Drive as William was riding his bike on the driveway around 9am and performed a u-turn. "

The article also goes on to describe another vehicle police were interested in. "The other vehicle in question is a four-wheel-drive that is said to have exited Benaroon Drive around the time William disappeared. A four-wheel-drive was later seen driving at speed in the Kendall
area." bbm

That car was also initially reported as grey/green in MSM, but then changed to teal over the years. 1st published just after the 60 minutes interview which introduced the other 2 cars. William Tyrrell: Police seek information on two cars | audio, video "
There was also another vehicle described as a dark green/greyish coloured sedan police are interested in.

The vehicle drove past Benaroon Drive as William was riding his bike on the driveway around 9am and performed a u-turn. "

The article also goes on to describe another vehicle police were interested in. "The other vehicle in question is a four-wheel-drive that is said to have exited Benaroon Drive around the time William disappeared. A four-wheel-drive was later seen driving at speed in the Kendall
area." bbm

I would have thought that the 4WD vehicle mentioned was the one that Mr Chapman sighted, but as the article you quoted was dated September, 2015 and it's said the Mr Chapman didn't report for a much longer time afterwards - It can't be. Is this another vehicle?

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/po...r/news-story/8bb6b45198417f3d323f56e68efa772c

When police did eventually interview him, around 1000 days after William went missing, Mr Chapman

William Tyrrell's foster grandmother's neighbour still CERTAIN he saw boy on day he vanished | Daily Mail Online

Mr Chapman shared this information with police years after he vanished, initially under the impression police were doing the rounds to speak with locals and would get to him when they had a chance.

WT related, but not the disappearance. This may have been discussed or explained earlier. How does child services work? I've seen here that when WT went missing LE thought one of BM other children was WT. With the BM keeping other children in her custody, why was WT or LT not returned to BM if she is now deemed capable? WT was only 3 so the other child must be close in age to be mistaken. I just don't understand when you see so many things saying reunification is the goal.

The other bit of news was that the BM was "heavily pregnant" with her 4th child at the time WT disappeared. She was out shopping for the new baby that day.

The BM and the BF had recently been to court to have WT and LT returned to their care - this was only a matter of months before WT went missing.

LT would have been with more than one set of foster carers - so I am wondering if stability was a concern. Moving her again in 4 years is quite a lot of change for a young child.

Maybe there was concern about caring for 4 children under the age of 5.

I would have thought that the 4WD vehicle mentioned was the one that Mr Chapman sighted, but as the article you quoted was dated September, 2015 and it's said the Mr Chapman didn't report for a much longer time afterwards - It can't be. Is this another vehicle?

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/po...r/news-story/8bb6b45198417f3d323f56e68efa772c

When police did eventually interview him, around 1000 days after William went missing, Mr Chapman

William Tyrrell's foster grandmother's neighbour still CERTAIN he saw boy on day he vanished | Daily Mail Online

Mr Chapman shared this information with police years after he vanished, initially under the impression police were doing the rounds to speak with locals and would get to him when they had a chance.
It has always intrigued me, who witnessed this vehicle and it's description? Unless it is HS's car. Was it spotted elsewhere in Kendall that morning or are two vehicles being lumped into the same sentence. One does sound like RC's description, but as you say, his report was not until some time later to the police. Could go either way to what he has witnessed. Someone else may have seen something similar to him and it is on record or people have been discussing it and his memories of that day are unreliable. Moo

It has always intrigued me, who witnessed this vehicle and it's description? Unless it is HS's car. Was it spotted elsewhere in Kendall that morning or are two vehicles being lumped into the same sentence. One does sound like RC's description, but as you say, his report was not until some time later to the police. Could go either way to what he has witnessed. Someone else may have seen something similar to him and it is on record or people have been discussing it and his memories of that day are unreliable. Moo
I'm thinking of one that was seen in central Kendall that either just missed a sign or hit a sign . . . something like that.

Wasn't that a Ute?
I don't recall. Just that I spent hours with maps & streetview trying to decide the location. Up near the community centre didn't seem to fit so then I looked down at the eastern end. Was it Chapman's guest's evidence? If so it wasn't the only sighting he talked about. There was another where the vehicle might have been coming from the cemetery. Was that a ute? I'm not good at conceiving and remembering cars.

I don't recall. Just that I spent hours with maps & streetview trying to decide the location. Up near the community centre didn't seem to fit so then I looked down at the eastern end. Was it Chapman's guest's evidence? If so it wasn't the only sighting he talked about. There was another where the vehicle might have been coming from the cemetery. Was that a ute? I'm not good at conceiving and remembering cars.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Mar 16, 2020

Mr Connell told the court he drove to the “paper shop” in Kendall to get the paper after leaving the cemetery, when he saw an old white ute drive past as he crossed the road. He said the ute then “made contact” with the “keep left sign” as it drove down the hill.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Mar 16, 2020

He told the court the ute had “an old metal toolbox” in the back with the “corners bent up” and the driver was old with “thick-rimmed glasses” on. Mr Connell said he was in Coffs Harbour a week later when he remembered it in the middle of the night and called Crime Stoppers.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Mar 16, 2020

Mr Connell’s wife Kathleen is now in the witness box. Ron Chapman is her uncle. She is also recalling their movements on September 12, 2014. She recalls the “old ute” which hit the sign that morning being driven by a man in a “cowboy hat”.

https://twitter.com/liajharris/status/1239333659842203648

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member