Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
August 21, 2014: William’s birth mother and father see their son at the Chipmunks play centre at Macquarie Park, northern Sydney.

The visit lasts two hours to make up for the previous visit in June when the mother was sick.

William is “more affectionate than usual ... sitting on my lap and giving me a cuddle” rather than running around.

The birth mother notices the bruising on her son’s left eye.

This time, Ben Atwood and another Salvation Army officer are supervising with a FACS worker there to assess if William has “any behavioural issues” or if he “needs any help”.

The birth parents give William clothes and shoes, and he hugs and kisses them when Ben says it’s time to go.

They parents never see son William again.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/p...e/news-story/38baa59f1db54e441f01cc11a6af6eba

So after he went missing - not before. IMO that doesn't seem like she was concerned at the time of the visit.

Disagree- if she’s brought it up she was concerned. Maybe should’ve pushed harder earlier, and maybe William would still be around?
She saw bruising and other things, I wouldn’t think they’d be on happy terms with FACS so maybe that was a reason why they didn’t report it. Maybe they weren’t 100% sure but definitely raised it after their son went missing. Not reporting it doesn’t mean they weren’t concerned.
If William was bruised this is one factor of how an assault charge upon his sister can be linked back to him. All IMO

August 25 to September 1: Foster mother tees up visit with her husband to travel with William and his sister to her mother’s place on Benaroon Drive, Kendall, to sort through property prior to house sale.

Week beginning September 8: Contracts due to be exchanged on Benaroon Drive house after foster grandmother sells property to a friend of a friend.

About the same period: Ben Atwood calls William’s birth mother to tee up October visit. Birth mother is worried William is “a bit too skinny”.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/p...e/news-story/38baa59f1db54e441f01cc11a6af6eba

From timeline from the same article.

Disagree- if she’s brought it up she was concerned. Maybe should’ve pushed harder earlier, and maybe William would still be around?
She saw bruising and other things, I wouldn’t think they’d be on happy terms with FACS so maybe that was a reason why they didn’t report it. Maybe they weren’t 100% sure but definitely raised it after their son went missing. Not reporting it doesn’t mean they weren’t concerned.
If William was bruised this is one factor of how an assault charge upon his sister can be linked back to him. All IMO

Actually, in this article it says she was told by a case worker and then only noticed a faint bruising, nothing about being concerned at the time from what I read. "Overall it was a good visit" Other than that she expressed concern over his weight, but that was also after he was missing IMO.

In a witness statement dated 14 September 2014 — two days after he vanished from a Kendall home on the NSW mid-north coast — William’s mother said a Salvation Army worker who supervised her visits with the boy called her to confirm their meeting and told her he had a black eye.

According to her statement, he said the incident occurred when the boy was “climbing up on” his foster father and “lost his balance”.

“When I saw William at the Macquarie Centre I could still see a faint bruise near his eye,” his mother said.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...d/news-story/bf443e9f1dc23a9151cca5b843b6fd58

August 25 to September 1: Foster mother tees up visit with her husband to travel with William and his sister to her mother’s place on Benaroon Drive, Kendall, to sort through property prior to house sale.

Week beginning September 8: Contracts due to be exchanged on Benaroon Drive house after foster grandmother sells property to a friend of a friend.

About the same period: Ben Atwood calls William’s birth mother to tee up October visit. Birth mother is worried William is “a bit too skinny”.

From timeline from the same article.

Just my observations, but it looks like it would likely have been quite a nasty bruise before it faded.

Recognizing signs of child abuse v's an innocent injury is very hard to determine just from a picture of a bruised - black eye however put together with the fact that the carer/s of the child with the black eye have been charged with assaulting another child from the same family, makes me highly suspicious!

Was FM supposed to be in court today? I had in my diary it was today, anyone know if was supposed to be today?

It was initially supposed to be today, with FD appearing next Friday (29th). But it seems that FM's court appearance was changed to next Friday also.

The matter will return to Hornsby Local Court on April 29, when the foster mother's application to hear her proceedings under the Mental Health Act will be assessed.
William Tyrrell's foster mother to plead not guilty to new assault charge, court hears

This Australian article (below) is the one that says April 22nd for FM, and April 29th for FD.

Police charge Tyrrell’s foster mother

Last edited:
Regarding the bruising on Williams Face, is there a photo of William with bruise?
Am I correct from reading past threads that the FM did take him to be seen by a doctor for this?

Yes, she took him to the hospital as a precaution. There will be records.

It is mentioned in this article by CO.

Behind the silence lies so much pain, and so many questions

That’s good then. It’s a nasty bruise. You can see his cheek bone has been impacted - as well as bruising under his eye (this Amat not be direct impact to this area, but a knock for example to the nose at the same time causing bleeding to that soft tissue. It’s been a nasty fall for certain. Hence why his FM took him to be seen.

I was just about to say that, he has a lovely full face here.
My experience only, but kids this age can have a full face one week and look drawn the next when going through growth spurts, also they can look well one day, go down like a sack of **** when sick, then look as right as rain within 2 days. MOO

My experience only, but kids this age can have a full face one week and look drawn the next when going through growth spurts, also they can look well one day, go down like a sack of **** when sick, then look as right as rain within 2 days. MOO

So this would be the norm with a 3yo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member