Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the bio parents did have concerns in their last few visits with William. They had noticed slight bruises, his weight loss and the fact he was very affectionate towards his mum as though he needed comforting

Hopefully, if there really was a problem, one (or more) of the 3 access supervisors would have noticed also.

“This visit was pretty busy because there were a lot of kids around. Plus there were the three people supervising which made it busy. They followed us everywhere.”
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...d/news-story/bf443e9f1dc23a9151cca5b843b6fd58

And the bio parents did have concerns in their last few visits with William. They had noticed slight bruises, his weight loss and the fact he was very affectionate towards his mum as though he needed comforting

Was that in the court documents when FACS took that lady to court? Were those concerns documented by FACS?

JMO What MFC told the Inquest about William's Asthma conflicts with:
About William
William’s Health
Generally William was in good health, strong and fit however, he suffered from asthma, particularly during the colder weather at night and would have coughing fits.William’s medication is: Ventolin 2 puffs when needed and Flixotide at night time as a preventer.
  • If the asthma was particularly distressing for him RediPred needs to be given to assist with his breathing.
https://twitter.com/LiaJHarris/status/1110683255857008640?t=7YCL7Wb8B-H30AI5EaEJIA&s=19
"William has mild asthma “occasionally” and had a puffer, but did not need a daily preventer, his foster father told the court."
In MFC's walkthrough video, he said (to the effect) that because he had Asthma William wouldn't walk uphill...it would be too hard for him.
I've been reading about asthma medicines, and there are three functional types: reliever medicine such as Ventolin, preventer medicine such as Flixotide, and rescue medicine such as RediPred. https://www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/files/factsheets/asthma_medicines-en.pdf

Had Flixotide been prescribed and discontinued? Was it on medical advice that it was discontinued? If not discontinued, was MFC just confused at the time of the video, or did William go without his nightly medicine on those occasions when MFC put him to bed?

I've been reading about asthma medicines, and there are three functional types: reliever medicine such as Ventolin, preventer medicine such as Flixotide, and rescue medicine such as RediPred. https://www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/files/factsheets/asthma_medicines-en.pdf

Had Flixotide been prescribed and discontinued? Was it on medical advice that it was discontinued? If not discontinued, was MFC just confused at the time of the video, or did William go without his nightly medicine on those occasions when MFC put him to bed?
such strong medicines for a small person

IMO I honestly can't make any progress in my thought process regarding this case. All the suppressions afforded to the FCs makes it very difficult to be conclusive. On one hand the secrecy makes me think it's all very suspicious and think the worst case, but then knowing its not a choice they made themselves (or maybe then can request to lift it, clarification needed). I just think not knowing specifics of all new charges and reasons behind LE motives for current actions it makes it very difficult

I believe it is the foster parents are the ones still fighting to continue to have their identities suppressed on these new assault and stalking charges aswell. An article relating to their stalking charges stated that the Foster mothers lawyer made the application based on the sentence in the article attributed to the judge deciding the suppression orders "I accept the evidence relied on by the applicants in relation to their fears..."

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...d/news-story/2028df7c0ddb8283b99996a28bb22027

I am not a doctor - but a doctor would be able to establish if this treatment plan was consistent with a diagnosis of mild asthma in a 3 year old.

The foster parents fought hard to keep their names suppressed from the media.

According to NSW Supreme Court documents in the case brought by children’s advocate Allanna Smith against FACS, the foster parents feared they would be identified and this would bring further harassment of themselves, their family and friends
In 2016, despite the foster parents’ and FACS’ argument against it, the NSW Supreme Court granted Ms Smith’s application to reveal William as a fostered child at the time of his disappearance.

FACS appealed the decision and lost.

The foster family feared that the knowledge William was fostered would lead to their unmasking.

They discussed what they might have to do, including move from their home, change jobs and take steps to change their identity.
William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Express Digest

WT was also in child care so presumably there were other sets of eyes on him, his health and wellbeing. On reading this article for the first time I learnt the FFC said WT’s black eye happened when she was with a friend, who you’d have to assume was contacted by Police and verified this as having actually happened. Did the friend lie and decided to come forward after the FCs were charged with assault on LT. JMO. IMO.

William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Daily Mail Online

I’m not sure, and I’m at work so can’t spend time looking. I did find this quick link saying the concerns, and it did mention an inquest so that information had most likely come out at the inquest

William Tyrrell's biological mother feared for son's safety before he vanished | 7NEWS

Yes l recall her saying that many years later. At the time William went missing she showed none of those concerns when people commented about the bruise on his eye. You would think if she was truely concerned she would have reported it to FACS.

The foster parents fought hard to keep their names suppressed from the media.

According to NSW Supreme Court documents in the case brought by children’s advocate Allanna Smith against FACS, the foster parents feared they would be identified and this would bring further harassment of themselves, their family and friends
In 2016, despite the foster parents’ and FACS’ argument against it, the NSW Supreme Court granted Ms Smith’s application to reveal William as a fostered child at the time of his disappearance.

FACS appealed the decision and lost.

The foster family feared that the knowledge William was fostered would lead to their unmasking.

They discussed what they might have to do, including move from their home, change jobs and take steps to change their identity.
William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Express Digest

considering 2 people were charged and convicted of stalking them l would think those fears were pretty justified.

About William

The above website reports that WT used to like help park 'Daddy's Car'.

Although not stated on the page above, the FF would let the FM know when he was close to home, to let WT sit behind the wheel to 'park his car'.

The children knew they were waiting for the FF to return. WT's attention could have possibly been drawn to a vehicle in the road/driveway when running around the side of the house.

What if the car, was the FM leaving the house, having left the children in the care of the FGM? Maybe a brief run to the shops - something forgotton on their trip away from home. We now know the FGM's car was not examined at the time WT went missing.

All IMO - but I don't see why the FP's would conceal an Asthma attack - unless they left WT's medication behind.

We don't know whose prescription was filled at the pharmacy.

I think if there is any contact allowed it will be after the charges are heard, if the AVO is removed, and it would have to be initiated by the minor child and not vice versa.

She has spent at least 85% of her life with them. She must be going through quite a transition in all aspects of her life.

My friend's foster child is allowed to contact his previous foster carer occassionally. They talk on the phone. He spent a good chunk of years with her, and they still have interest in each others lives.

I have also read of people visiting their former foster carers once they become adults.

Which I do still South Aussie. Both are very elderly now, I and them, different states but keep in contact by phone or letters. My Grandparents after I was taken away from them and the foster careers, always stayed in contact with them personal visits, phone and letters. My Grandparents have passed away years ago, soon I know my former carers who I loved over the years I will recieve the phone call, a day I dread.
They have always regarded me as their daughter.

All IMO - but I don't see why the FP's would conceal an Asthma attack - unless they left WT's medication behind.
(snipped)
Well--if William had been prescribed Flixotide as preventer medicine--as indicated by WheresWilliam--and it worked, reducing the severity of William's asthma; and foster parents stopped giving it to him because his asthma was now only mild, without specific medical advice or FACS authorization; and William died of an asthma attack: that's a possible motive for concealing the attack.

I didn't take it that way, as Melatonin is commonly prescribed for kids with some disorders on the spectrum etc to help them sleep. (In Australia)
In Aus, it is also commonly prescribed for adults' to assist with sleep as well .....
Apologies if I mistook it, but that is how I interpreted it .....
imo
SLouTH my child has been perscibed Melatonin/other medication being on the Autism Spectrum/ ADHD does not produce enough Melatonin. People take it so they can get a good night sleep, I tried it once over the counter Melatonin, ( also before my child given perscribed Melatonin) Was woken up at 7am by "Understanding Partner, who sleeps heavily, but I cannot." Calmly informs me me up to prepare myself for the state of the loungeroom, child with Autism/ADHD had a party of crayons and paper, ran out of paper so used the walls instead early hours of the morning along with snacks. He cleaned the worst of it up, was off to hardware store to get paint and cleaning items from shops. Never taken Melatonin again for myself.
( Have request for this year Mother's Day Gift, A Bed Romance Gift, which mean booking a hotel for pamper weekend package by myself and that lovely bed in the hotel room)
But I think Perscribed Melatonin is stronger than over the counter Melatonin or created differently, as the Doctor told me never to take it or share it as the Melatonin perscribed for my child is for people/children who cannot produce enough.

I didn't take it that way, as Melatonin is commonly prescribed for kids with some disorders on the spectrum etc to help them sleep. (In Australia)
In Aus, it is also commonly prescribed for adults' to assist with sleep as well .....
Apologies if I mistook it, but that is how I interpreted it .....
imo
Is it ever prescribed for autistic adults to help with day-to-day functioning, coping with stress?

Yes l recall her saying that many years later. At the time William went missing she showed none of those concerns when people commented about the bruise on his eye. You would think if she was truely concerned she would have reported it to FACS.

IIRC, the FM did report the bruising to FACS, as is required under the fostering responsibilities, and the case manager then mentioned it to the bio mother ahead of the next contact visit.

I was with my granddaughter at a play centre and before I could wink, a kid smashed a timber toy (deliberately) at her face. I'm proud of myself not pegging that toy right back at him. She was wearing a shiner for two weeks. :mad::mad:

its difficult to tell from this article if bio mum reported her concerns on the visiting day to the supervisors/case worker or later on after williams disappearance during a police interview?

“When I saw William at the Macquarie Centre I could still see a faint bruise near his eye,” his mother said.

“This visit was pretty busy because there were a lot of kids around. Plus there were the three people supervising which made it busy. They followed us everywhere.”

Overall, she said this was a “good visit”.

However, she expressed concern about the boy’s weight, noting she was worried he’s “a bit too skinny”.

“It’s hard because I don’t know the carers, I don’t know where they live and I never get to see them. I don’t want to come across as though I am blaming them or being mean, but it’s just been really hard.”
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...d/news-story/bf443e9f1dc23a9151cca5b843b6fd58

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper