Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were at least 2 - Okpegbue and Jenner

Nurse Renee Jenner, on Wednesday, told the court she spoke with Mr Porter in July while his brother Tom and sister-in-law Irma visited him at an aged care facility.

“All I did was give my best mate and a boy a lift,” Kirston Okpegbue recalled him saying in April last year.

Per Lia Harris' tweets regarding Renee Jenner's testimony, it seems her imagination was quite active, imho:

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·17m
Renee Jenner has now taken the stand. She’s another nurse at the aged care home in Port Macquarie where Ray Porter lived before his death. She told the court she visited his room last year while an older couple was there with him. She had a conversation with the three of them.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·13m
She told the court the older woman in the room commented that they had to go to court and Ms Jenner joked that it was something Porter had done. Porter then said “no, it’s about a little boy” before the woman said “no it’s not Ray, just leave it, I’ve told you so many times”.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·11m
She told the court “she was trying to stop him from talking to me... I felt Ray wanted to talk more to me”. She said she was left feeling physically ill, telling the court “for some unknown reason I wanted to vomit... just the way he said it to me and what happened in that room”.

Lia Harris@LiaJHarris·9m
Ms Jenner told the court there was no mention of William Tyrrell, but she reported it anyway. She said she made a statement to police about it without knowing about the conversations Porter allegedly had with her colleagues. She’s now been excused.
============
Jenner's testimony was reported in this article as well:

The inquest heard on Wednesday that Ray Porter, a close friend of convicted paedophile Frank Abbott, told a nurse at his Port Macquarie nursing home last year that "it's about a little boy" when two elderly people visiting said they had to go to court that day.

The inquest heard that one of the visitors, a woman, said, "No, no, no, it’s not, Ray. Just leave it. I’ve told you so many times, just leave it."

The nurse, Renee Jenner, told the inquest that she felt as if Mr Porter wanted to tell her more, but was being "roused on" by the woman.

Asked how she felt about the conversation - which did not mention William - Ms Jenner said she felt "physically sick" and "wanted to vomit".

She and her two children had spent time looking for William when he vanished.

"I felt sick. I got an automatic sick feeling in my stomach and I could’ve just vomited on the spot."

William Tyrrell inquest adjourned over coronavirus, investigation goes on

Hence the RP story doesn’t make sense to me.
Not a lot in this case seems to makes any sense......imo

RP's story also suggests the little boy was alive at the time of the trip, how could he not have been seen by someone if it was William? I cant imagine them having clothes for a 3y/o on hand to change him....??

Unless RP had remembered the incorrect day and date?? And they travelled north after dialysis, after 3pm on the Friday 12th from Port Mac, and into the evening??? But again how did someone not notice William with 2 old men????

Was RP's car captured heading Southbound Sat 13th, actually RP and FA returning from the northern destination???

And this post says that DP saw FA on the Saturday .... Unsure what time however?? Could that have been after they returned??

But none of this makes sense or fits with Media / Police recently naming FM as a POI.....

All IMO

I had the impression that the shed story was about the following day (after William disappeared) but I can't remember why at the moment. I'll see if I can find why I think that.
I did manage to find this link ....

Paraphrased

RP told Police that he believed he might have been tricked by a friend into taking William on the Pacific Highway towards Queensland, a day after the abduction.

I did manage to find this link ....

Paraphrased

RP told Police that he believed he might have been tricked by a friend into taking William on the Pacific Highway towards Queensland, a day after the abduction.

Thanks for finding that.

I wonder why Harriet Grahame sealed the file about the circumstances of the death of FA's 3 year old child.

She sealed the file "citing confidentiality of the police investigation".

Does that mean they are/were reinvestigating FA's son's death?

Last edited:
Thanks for finding that.

I wonder why Harriet Grahame sealed the file about the circumstances of the death of FA's 3 year old child.

She sealed the file "citing confidentiality of the police investigation".

Does that mean they are/were reinvestigating FA's son's death?
I’ve been reading through previous threads posted above which are amazing and so rich in information. I recognise some of you as long standing WS’s with an interest in this case. Must be frustrating for you for us newbies to come in and start speculating on the same theories and information you’ve already canvassed many times previously. On this point of the closed file re FA’s son’s death, someone makes what I think could be a pertinent observation in a previous thread that the file might be sealed because it could unfairly prejudice a case against FA if charges are brought against him for WT’s disappearance. IMO or someone else’s O.

I’ve been reading through previous threads posted above which are amazing and so rich in information. I recognise some of you as long standing WS’s with an interest in this case. Must be frustrating for you for us newbies to come in and start speculating on the same theories and information you’ve already canvassed many times previously. On this point of the closed file re FA’s son’s death, someone makes what I think could be a pertinent observation in a previous thread that the file might be sealed because it could unfairly prejudice a case against FA if charges are brought against him for WT’s disappearance. IMO or someone else’s O.
BBM. Not necessarily. I forget a lot of what's passed. Then some new information will come out and things I thought I knew are highly questionable again.

We were fortunate that several members attended the inquest and have shared their notes and recollections. MSM reports were bare by comparison.

Yes, it could be prejudicial.

I wonder if there was an inquest into the death of FA's son. If he died under mysterious circumstances or something. I wonder if he loved spiderman. Or if William resembled him.

I wish we knew what year he passed, so we could see if we could find anything out there about it. Although, it could be that anything that was out there could have since been suppressed.

No, it's not frustrating going though the multiple recollections of things. Some of us just zone out of them for a while. But it has helped us sort of 'learn' the players, their personalities, proclivities, and such. And I guess it helps newer thread members get up to speed about the (overall) important details.

Last edited:
Yes the shed story was the day after WT’s disappearance. So how was FA getting around that day? Why was RP picking him up if he had RP’s car (at least he had it the day WT went missing if you believe “Steve”). IMO.

Remembering back to Lia Harris' podcast "Five Long Years", FA walked a lot. (Although he also took friends cars and cadged rides.)

If he did take William while he had RP's car that day, he would have had to put him somewhere to pick up RP after 3pm, which I think is when his treatment finished. I wonder where RP dropped him off, if that is what happened. Only to be called the next day to pick FA and a young boy up near a shed.

While I want to respect the deceased, I have to wonder what kind of person RP was to have a close friend like FA.

Last edited:
I wonder if there was an inquest into the death of FA's son. If he died under mysterious circumstances or something. I wonder if he loved spiderman. Or if William resembled him.

I wish we knew what year he passed, so we could see if we could find anything out there about it. Although, it could be that anything that was out there could have since been suppressed.
RSBM

We need someone with excellent TROVE Sleuthing Skills ...... to look up that sort of information... any volunteers??

I also wonder if the child had evidence of being abused? And what the "Findings" were classified as?? Eg: Did it have an open finding??? Coroners would have had a very different role back then....

I have also wondered if Police are re-investigating the death of that other woman behind the scenes?? When Iris testified about the scratches on FA's arms....???Sorry I just cant recall the Victim's name...

All imo

Remembering back to Lia Harris' podcast "Five Long Years", FA walked a lot. (Although he also took friend's cars and cadged rides.)

If he did take William while he had RP's car that day, he would have had to put him somewhere to pick up RP after 3pm, which I think is when his treatment finished. I wonder where RP dropped him off, if that is what happened. Only to be called the next day to pick FA and a young boy up near a shed.

Does anyone know if RP car was ever searched?

Does anyone know if RP car was ever searched?

We didn't even know that FA was a prime POI until the inquest (or that he even existed, for many of us), so we don't have much more than the inquest info, the search info, and his past .... not much about how he was investigated and what was done.

imo

RSBM

We need someone with excellent TROVE Sleuthing Skills ...... to look up that sort of information... any volunteers??

I also wonder if the child had evidence of being abused? And what the "Findings" were classified as?? Eg: Did it have an open finding??? Coroners would have had a very different role back then....

I have also wondered if Police are re-investigating the death of that other woman behind the scenes?? When Iris testified about the scratches on FA's arms....???Sorry I just cant recall the Victim's name...

All imo
The threads above say the little boy’s name was Darren, presumably Darren Abbott.

I think that's ^^ the reason many of us were having emotional whiplash when the Task Force suddenly came ut and declared the Foster Parents as the only current suspects.

Last we knew, the Inquest was very focused on FA, and other locals, and things were getting very heated and interesting. Then suddenly and with no closure, that is all off the table. It seemed very strange and I still don't understand it completely, although I have some ideas.
I think they threw everything at looking at outside avenues to come up with zero.

Makes perfect sense they are now focusing where they indeed should have started....

inside.

I have managed to find a reference for this .....

The day after the body of Taree woman Margaret Cox was found in the Manning River at Old Bar, Abbott's arms were covered in scratches, his former boss Iris Northam told the inquest on Wednesday.

"He had some marks on his arm. My husband saw them and said, 'What happened to your arm?' and Frank just said, 'Oysters,' " Mrs Northam said.

"They didn't look like oyster scratches to me. More like where finger marks had gouged skin out," she sa
id.

And this

Police have tried to find links between Abbott and the murder of Margaret Cox, who went missing from the township of Old Bar in 1996. She was also raped and bludgeoned to death. Abbott once did some work in Old Bar.

Last edited:
I have managed to find a reference for this .....

The day after the body of Taree woman Margaret Cox was found in the Manning River at Old Bar, Abbott's arms were covered in scratches, his former boss Iris Northam told the inquest on Wednesday.

"He had some marks on his arm. My husband saw them and said, 'What happened to your arm?' and Frank just said, 'Oysters,' " Mrs Northam said.

"They didn't look like oyster scratches to me. More like where finger marks had gouged skin out," she sa
id.

And this

Police have tried to find links between Abbott and the murder of Margaret Cox, who went missing from the township of Old Bar in 1996. She was also raped and bludgeoned to death. Abbott once did some work in Old Bar.

I looked for the inquest findings from Margaret's inquest - an article says that an inquest was held in 2013, the year before William disappeared.
But it is not among the online findings on the Coroners website.

Margaret was sexually assaulted and bludgeoned, while (hitchhiking) on her way home from work, 6 days before Christmas.

A number of significant (unnamed) POIs were identified at her inquest. I wonder if FA was among them, at that time.

Last edited:
I looked for the inquest findings from Margaret's inquest - an article says that an inquest was held in 2013, the year before William disappeared.

Margaret was sexually assaulted and bludgeoned, while (hitchhiking) on her way home from work, 6 days before Christmas.

A number of significant (unnamed) POIs were identified at her inquest. I wonder if FA was among them, at that time.

Very interesting .. thanks

CO also says they are looking into FA for another murder that is listed in that same article....

They are also looking into the unsolved murder of a Morisset woman, Susan Isenhood, who was last seen hitchhiking near the Stag and Hunter Hotel at Mayfield on October 2, 1986.

The coroner returned an open finding into her case and it was referred to the Unsolved Homicide Team for future investigation.

Edit to add: Wonder if the Coroner has also sealed this Inquest Finding?????

I think they threw everything at looking at outside avenues to come up with zero.

Makes perfect sense they are now focusing where they indeed should have started....

inside.
But they did start inside. And they cleared them. Now they are going back to them, but have they really cleared all the local pedos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon