Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is probably a 100% chance that the Supreme Court Caselaw is accurate about the details of the 'lying' charge. imo

.... knowingly giving false or misleading evidence to the New South Wales Crime Commission. That evidence involved answers to questions denying the assault which was the subject of the charge laid against her in the Local Court.

JMO, BBM – My interpretation of your link SA, is that it is referring to the Charges against FFC and MFC …. That it is referring to the AVO and maybe the Common Assaults. (ie: not referring to the Lying Charges.)

“{(i) either of the first and second defendants as the persons charged and the subject of the AVO proceedings, other than to note that they are the former foster carers of William Tyrrell;”
Nationwide News Pty Ltd v JS and SD - NSW Caselaw

JMO, BBM – My interpretation of your link SA, is that it is referring to the Charges against FFC and MFC …. That it is referring to the AVO and maybe the Common Assaults. (ie: not referring to the Lying Charges.)

“{(i) either of the first and second defendants as the persons charged and the subject of the AVO proceedings, other than to note that they are the former foster carers of William Tyrrell;”
Nationwide News Pty Ltd v JS and SD - NSW Caselaw

I don't think so. It clearly says that the 'false and misleading' evidence was before the NSWCC. And that evidence was denial of the assault for which she was charged.

Yes, the overall matter was about the press wanting details about the AVO and assault charges.

But if you read the sentence before the part I quoted, it says that an affidavit by FM's lawyer was submitted and that affidavit was a statement of facts about the 'further offense' of the false and misleading evidence.
Then it goes on to say it was 'knowingly giving false or misleading evidence to the New South Wales Crime Commission. That evidence involved answers to questions denying the assault which was the subject of the charge laid against her in the Local Court'.

I don't think it needs interpreting. It seems very clear. imo

I don't think so. It clearly says that the 'false and misleading' evidence was before the NSWCC. And that evidence was denial of the assault for which she was charged.

Yes, the overall matter was about the press wanting details about the AVO and assault charges.

But if you read the sentence before the part I quoted, it says that an affidavit by FM's lawyer was submitted and that affidavit was a statement of facts about the 'further offense' of the false and misleading evidence.
Then it goes on to say it was 'knowingly giving false or misleading evidence to the New South Wales Crime Commission. That evidence involved answers to questions denying the assault which was the subject of the charge laid against her in the Local Court'.

I don't think it needs interpreting. It seems very clear. imo
Yes. But it's talking specifically about a lying charge against FFC. MFC has also been charged with lying to the NSWCC. I don't think I've read what was the subject of MFC's alleged lies.

Yes. But it's talking specifically about a lying charge against FFC. MFC has also been charged with lying to the NSWCC. I don't think I've read what was the subject of MFC's alleged lies.

Right, But everything we are reading says all the charges are unrelated to William's disappearance.

There is a second article in the Daily Telegraph today ….

If you have access it is here ^^^ it is a very long article to paraphrase … will check for any new info ….

The article is an extract from Jubes’ new book …..

EDIT to add, there are now 4 articles today in the DT …

Just reading this article, and noting this section.

(Paraphrased)
Jubes got a call from 'a journo' who said she knew what was in the police application for the AVO and that she had heard there was a murder warrant waiting to be signed.
Jubes said he didn't know where she was getting her information, but warrants aren't used to arrest someone for murder. So there would not be a murder warrant waiting. (And that he thought she was smarter than that).
I wonder who the journo was.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am trying to construct a timeline of the events since November last year.... I cannot find the date that the FFFC was summoned to the NSWCC though.

11th Nov 2021 - FMFC summoned to NSWCC hearing

17th Nov 2021 - Assault charges laid on both FFFC and FMFC

Jan 2022 - FMFC charged with lying to the NSWCC

Feb 2022 - FFFC charged with an extra charge of assault

14th April 2022 - FFFC charged with lying to the NSWCC

IMHO

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am trying to construct a timeline of the events since November last year.... I cannot find the date that the FFFC was summoned to the NSWCC though.

11th Nov 2021 - FMFC summoned to NSWCC hearing

17th Nov 2021 - Assault charges laid on both FFFC and FMFC

Jan 2022 - FMFC charged with lying to the NSWCC

Feb 2022 - FFFC charged with an extra charge of assault

14th April 2022 - FFFC charged with lying to the NSWCC

IMHO
BBM

I don’t think we know the answer to your question Marg…… All we know is that FM gave evidence over 2 days to the NSWCC

The foster mother gave evidence over two days…

In relation to the charges of assaulting a child, William Tyrrell’s foster parents were expected to fight charges of assaulting a child by arguing that the alleged victim may have fallen from a horse.

“The Australian understands the foster parents vehemently deny doing any harm to the child.” (for those who have access to reading the Australian):
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/su...ynamic-warm-test-score&V21spcbehaviour=append

It doesn't sound like a bad idea .... a public inquiry. (Not an internal one.)

Like some of us here, Jubes is pretty gobsmacked that confidential documents (witness statements) are in the hands of reporters.

He makes comment in this article (below) about some journalists passing copies of FD's witness statement around, and that the fact that these confidential documents appear to be floating around adds to the sensation that this is becoming a s***storm.

He mentions in the recent articles about journos calling him on the phone. I guess he has formed the usual police/journo relationships over the years, and some are keeping him informed about what is happening in this regard. imo

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like a bad idea .... a public inquiry. (Not an internal one.)

I'm for a public inquiry, but I can't see any of the current crop of NSW politicians pressing for one and certainly not until the coroner's final report is handed down ... and it seems that won't occur until all current charges against the FPs have be dealt with.

And I would not be surprised if the coroner has quite a bit to say about the way police went about the investigation, including I suspect, recommendations.

I'm for a public inquiry, but I can't see any of the current crop of NSW politicians pressing for one and certainly not until the coroner's final report is handed down ... and it seems that won't occur until all current charges against the FPs have be dealt with.

And I would not be surprised if the coroner has quite a bit to say about the way police went about the investigation, including I suspect, recommendations.

Unfortunately, Coronial recommendations don't always mean much to the police. Look at Lyn Dawson's case, as an example.
I think it depends on how much the police want to implement the recommendations.

Unfortunately, Coronial recommendations don't always mean much to the police. Look at Lyn Dawson's case, as an example.
I think it depends on how much the police want to implement the recommendations.

Yes, and IMO it also depends on the resolve of the current Minister for Police and the current Commissioner. That plus public and MSM (or these days social media) pressure.

New Free Article

Headlines:

William Tyrell detective vows to put his reputation on the line as he demands police take the investigation 'one step further' eight years after the little boy vanished without a trace​

• Next week marks eight years since toddler William Tyrrell vanished without trace
  • Former cop who initially led case has called for public inquiry into investigation
  • Gary Jubelin said speculation and innuendo has affected many people's lives
  • He said main focus should be finding out what happened to the missing toddler

New Free Article

Headlines:

William Tyrell detective vows to put his reputation on the line as he demands police take the investigation 'one step further' eight years after the little boy vanished without a trace​

• Next week marks eight years since toddler William Tyrrell vanished without trace
  • Former cop who initially led case has called for public inquiry into investigation

Not to be pedantic .... but after all these years, they spell William's surname wrong in the headline. For a moment it took me right back to the beginning when his surname was mispelled (except we didn't know it then).

New Free Article

Headlines:

Extracted from this article:
“Mr Jubelin has no problem with an inquiry probing into how he handled the investigation while he was at the helm and admitted his calls could be a double-edged sword.
What's more important is to get answers to what happened to William.”

JMO – It would be great if an article such as this could supply some information as to how, if Mr Jubelin is successful in calling for a public inquiry, that could contribute to solving (getting answers) what happened to William.

As Jubelin is still invested in finding those answers for William’s Parents, I wonder how he is currently going about that, apart from calling for the public inquiry into the handling of the case?

Extracted from this article:
“Mr Jubelin has no problem with an inquiry probing into how he handled the investigation while he was at the helm and admitted his calls could be a double-edged sword.
What's more important is to get answers to what happened to William.”

JMO – It would be great if an article such as this could supply some information as to how, if Mr Jubelin is successful in calling for a public inquiry, that could contribute to solving (getting answers) what happened to William.

As Jubelin is still invested in finding those answers for William’s Parents, I wonder how he is currently going about that, apart from calling for the public inquiry into the handling of the case?
Has he said he is still invested in getting answers? He has no access to any current information. The only thing he can really do is support an enquiry. He doesn’t give up on a case or the families unless forced too.

Has he said he is still invested in getting answers? He has no access to any current information. The only thing he can really do is support an enquiry. He doesn’t give up on a case or the families unless forced too.
Reference:
Twist in William Tyrell case eight years after he vanished
“Mr Jubelin remains heavily invested in William's disappearance three years after he left the police force.

'I'd like to step away but I made a commitment to William's family that I would do everything I possibly could for William and that commitment didn't end the moment I walked out of the police,' he said.”

Gary's new book Badness is dedicated to William Tyrrell

Postscript page 335

Also on first page

For William Tyrrell

26.2.2011- v

Also interesting is that the FGM's car was taken for forensic testing days after William disappeared & nothing was found.

Badness by Gary Jubelin with Dan Box, page 266

Gary's new book Badness is dedicated to William Tyrrell

Postscript page 335

Also on first page

For William Tyrrell

26.2.2011- v

Also interesting is that the FGM's car was taken for forensic testing days after William disappeared & nothing was found.

Badness by Gary Jubelin with Dan Box, page 266
drsleuth, does the book 'Badness' address the upcoming Hearings for charges against MFC and FFC (Assault, Stalking, and providing false and misleading information to the NSWCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe