Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
m3lft.png

Benaroon Drive where William went missing. So much thick forest .....

Oooops just started a thread as I didn't find one when I searched his name :(

Hoping this little boy is found soon! Any idea on the age of the sister and who the parents are??

Little man has come up on my FB feed constantly since he went missing. Hoping he is found tonight. It's cold out there still. :(

Oooops just started a thread as I didn't find one when I searched his name :(

Hoping this little boy is found soon! Any idea on the age of the sister and who the parents are??

No details given on family ... just that it is his little sister, so younger than 3.

"Supt Fehon said the boy was playing with his little sister in the front yard of a Benaroon Drive home wearing a Spider-Man suit when he went missing.

He said his parents are “very distressed” and are helping with the search.

Sniffer dogs, mounted police and volunteers on motorbikes are also helping police.

Supt Fehon said police had not ruled out other scenarios, but were still focusing their efforts on a ground search of the surrounding area at this stage."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227057370986

This local paper is doing very regular updates ....

http://www.camdencourier.com.au/sto...d-search-for-william-tyrell-continues/?cs=704

Sat, 6.45pm: Police have said that, while it is possible William Tyrell was abducted, they are treating the investigation as a search for a lost little boy. Inspector Kerrie Brill said in this kind of investigation "anything is a possibility, we don't rule anything out."

Sat, 6.30pm: The temperature is expected to plummet overnight, with meteorologists predicting dire conditions around Kendall.

Weatherzone's Guy Dixon said the good news is conditions will become more stable and sunny on Sunday.

The first night William was lost the mercury only got as low as 13.2 degrees, but tonight it is predicted to fall to as far as about 11 degrees.

While that temperature is actually higher than the area's September average of 10.2 degrees, Mr Dixon said it was "very chilly conditions for a little one."

Emergency services will continue to search during the night, and welcome people to join the search tomorrow morning.

Wow - 4 days later South Aussie! I was wondering how long a little person could go without food and water, and I'm surprised it can be as long as that. Poor little fellow - he's been on my mind since he first went missing on Friday and I saw the initial post by nsw police on fb. In photos he only looks like a slight little boy - I can't bear thinking about what he has been doing if he has been lost and alone all this time. The alternative of course is far worse ... as much as I hate to say it, I hope there has been a parallel investigation into possible abduction scenarios as well.

I was fiddling around with the street address on google maps myself earlier, checking out the street view - the image is dated 2010, so I guess there could be some more new homes and cleared land in the area. But it really must be a daunting task searching all that forest that literally surrounds the street where William was last seen. I keep imagining how his parents and other families must be just out of their minds with worry about him.

In the first police alert on fb some fellow claimed to be some sort of trainer or educator for searchers, and he was listing pointers for searching for children of Williams age. It was really quite interesting - about behaviours to expect from different age groups, likely distances travelled and hiding places, sense of direction etc. Even things like how younger children would be more likely to come out of hiding if being called by female voices, and the fact that searchers should remember to look down low when following likely paths - that small children may see potential paths at their eye level that adults wouldn't normally notice. I did try to go back looking for his posts, but there are several thousand posts there now, and it turned into too daunting a task for me. Plus my computer takes forever to load fb pages for some reason.

I didn't notice in the first picture released that William had a bruised eye.. Nothing out of the ordinary for a 3 year old boy...
But speculation is now mounting with the public!!
Here is hoping that he has just wandered off, and is found safe!!! No other scenarios!
Moving into day 3 of him missing and still no trace..

I didn't notice in the first picture released that William had a bruised eye.. Nothing out of the ordinary for a 3 year old boy...
But speculation is now mounting with the public!!
Here is hoping that he has just wandered off, and is found safe!!! No other scenarios!
Moving into day 3 of him missing and still no trace..

While taking into consideration all possible scenarios is necessary, I hope that people aren't going to convict the parents for something that may very well have been a common accident.

Has anything been said about whether or not he was "taught" about the dangers of the woods? He's only 3 but given how thick the woods are there it would be good to know his knowledge of them

So I've been following this closely as I can't stop thinking about William! At first I believed he had just wondered off on his own. This morning after reading that they had bought in sniffer dogs and they weren't able to get a scent past the front gate of the yard where he was playing ... Leads me to suspect that he may have been abducted. But I'm baffled as to how his older sister who was playing with him only minutes before he disappeared, heard/seen nothing?! That's why I thought "yep he's just wondered off on his own". He was last seen at 10:30am on Friday, that's a long time to be out there on his own, especially with temperatures plummeting at night. I pray William is found safe and well! But I don't have a good feeling about this one :( (obviously I hope I'm wrong!)

Fruit tingles, I thought the sister was younger. I'm so scared for this little guy.
I don't mean to be a cynic, but something isn't sitting right with me especially reading that the police arrived 6 minutes after they were alerted. A little fella can't get too far in such a short time.

Fruit tingles, I thought the sister was younger. I'm so scared for this little guy.
I don't mean to be a cynic, but something isn't sitting right with me especially reading that the police arrived 6 minutes after they were alerted. A little fella can't get too far in such a short time.

But do we know how long he was missing before police were contacted? No scent beyond gate. Hmmmm. Are there neighbors close by? Is it a busy road?

I thought I read that the police weren't alerted straight away (which sounds normal to me - most of us would be searching around the house and nearby ourselves before alerting the police) and that his family noticed him missing after about 5 minutes since they had last seen him. My understanding is that the police weren't called for an hour or two? I could be wrong though.

I know on the NSW police fb page under the first alert people were going a bit nuts over the bruise on his face. At that time William's mum spoke up and said that the photo was taken some time back at his childcare centre, that the bruise was long gone and had nothing to do with his being lost. At the time I had a peek at her page and it had several photos of the children looking well loved and cared for. William looks like quite a little character and seemed to often be dressed up in a favourite outfit - like any other little one who doesn't want ever to take off much loved items.

People are so very judgemental online - I can't bear the way people jump to horrid conclusions based on the tiniest skerrick of information, especially when it comes to pointing the finger at parents of missing children. I can't stop thinking about the state I would have been in if one of my boys was lost or missing for this length of time. I know I'd be out of my mind and can't imagine what it would be like to also be under suspicion as well.

I thought I read that the police weren't alerted straight away (which sounds normal to me - most of us would be searching around the house and nearby ourselves before alerting the police) and that his family noticed him missing after about 5 minutes since they had last seen him. My understanding is that the police weren't called for an hour or two? I could be wrong though.

I know on the NSW police fb page under the first alert people were going a bit nuts over the bruise on his face. At that time William's mum spoke up and said that the photo was taken some time back at his childcare centre, that the bruise was long gone and had nothing to do with his being lost. At the time I had a peek at her page and it had several photos of the children looking well loved and cared for. William looks like quite a little character and seemed to often be dressed up in a favourite outfit - like any other little one who doesn't want ever to take off much loved items.

People are so very judgemental online - I can't bear the way people jump to horrid conclusions based on the tiniest skerrick of information, especially when it comes to pointing the finger at parents of missing children. I can't stop thinking about the state I would have been in if one of my boys was lost or missing for this length of time. I know I'd be out of my mind and can't imagine what it would be like to also be under suspicion as well.

Amen to all you have said! There is no way I could wait anywhere near an hour to report my child missing, so I hope that information is incorrect. Praying he is found safe and sound and SOON! William, tell them where you are ... lead them to you, baby.

But do we know how long he was missing before police were contacted? No scent beyond gate. Hmmmm. Are there neighbors close by? Is it a busy road?

Not a busy road at all ... and it leads nowhere, except into the forest. A few neighbours, but not many. This pic is from May 2013.

I'm pretty sure, from MSM photos, that the house where William is visiting/staying (his grandparents place) is behind the big clump of trees on the corner of that street halfway along Benaroon Drive.

245ncw6.jpg

POLICE say the search for a three-year-old boy missing since Friday on NSW’s mid-north coast is at a critical stage.

“We’re now in the third full day of the search for a three-year-old boy who has had no food and unless he’s found water, no water, so it is likely that he has in a poor state of health and we need to find him today,” inspector Kim Fehon told reporters.

Inspector Fehon said they still believe the boy is within a 1.5 kilometre radius of the house.

“We need to make sure we have covered every blade of grass within that area,” she told volunteers. “We are worried we have missed him.

“We have sought expert medical advice from a doctor who has provided advice on many previous searches with success.

“He has advised us of course the three-year-old is very small and that by today he is likely to be still and tucked up tight.”

Police have declined to comment on other avenues of investigation into William’s disappearance.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...a-critical-stage/story-e6frg6nf-1227057955511

"Police have declined to comment on other avenues of investigation into William’s disappearance."

Which to me means they are investigating other avenues. Which is what I've been afraid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member