Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush has rabbits. Maybe he followed an animal. Do the grandparents have a cat or dog he could have followed BUT HOW FAR- HE'S ONLY A TODDLER.

Back to the drain. Little boys love those things could he dropped a ball or toy and then fell in after it?
I firmly believe he would fit through that drain. The police should be lifting the concrete top.

I do hope all the visitors fully checked their cars. Last summer a beloved pet jumped into a car and someone closed the door. After a frantic search from the owner and friends he found his dog dead in the car only metres from his door.

I can't think of the child's name yet in order to find the thread, but we had another 2-3ish year old (a girl in this other case) that went missing in a very similar area terrain wise just in the last few months. (For some reason I'm thinking it may have been northern or central CA?)

It was a family with a lot of little kids, and a whole lot of trees around, and she went missing from the yard. I think mom was at work and dad was with other siblings in the house.

She ended up being found at least over a day later a remarkable distance from her home, but having gotten there all on her own. If I recall correctly, she ended up sort of wandering out of the woods on her own and near a service road or something and was found by searchers.

It's not this case - http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/on_his_own_brookings_man_finds.html but this is another (remembered this one while trying to find the other I was originally thinking of!) that's similar.

4 yr old, wanders away in a very short time span (and I believe 911 was called very quickly also) also somewhere very remote.

She ended up being found by someone who went searching himself when they appealed for people to help search. She was found at least a day later about 3 miles from her home.

So I'm glad they're expanding the search area despite it being less likely wee ones can get that far very quickly - because some can/will - and then are able to get even further while initial searches stay restricted to the closer areas.

Praying these two endings will be how William's story ends as well!

I haven't heard how old his sister is either but I think she might be in the background of the spidey-man photo

Tgy I don't think those drains are big enough for little people to get through.

TravelingBug that was a wonderful outcome. (Wiping away a tear) it's interesting to note that Zoey knew him and still didn't answer his calls, he nearly stepped on her and she actually hid herself.
A beautiful ending to a possible tragedy.

The search will continue throughout Sunday night, following what local police inspector Kim Fehon described as a "critical day," given William had likely gone without food and water for several days.
"I have briefed all the search teams that they are looking for a small boy who is likely to be curled up and may be covered and have found somewhere to hide," she told Fairfax.
"At this time we are hoping he is still in a position to respond to being called out to."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-13/william-tyrell-missing-3yo-wearing-spiderman-suit/5741526

It has been reported that William was playing with his little sister. Now, I imagine that Nana or Grandad would have said 'watch your little sister for a minute, William, I'll be right back with fruit for you both (or whatever)'. So it is difficult for me to imagine him just wandering off. Grandparents know if they can leave a particular older child watching over a younger child for a moment or two. They know if that particular older child is responsible enough to stay put and call out to them if the littlest one is having a problem.

Where on earth would William have gone, if his task was to watch his little sister for a moment? It must have been a pretty good thing, to distract him and lure him away.

If only that little sister was old enough to say what happened.

"Supt Fehon said the boy was playing with his little sister in the front yard of a Benaroon Drive home wearing a Spider-Man suit when he went missing."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...w-midnorth-coast/story-fni0cx12-1227057370986

I haven't heard how old his sister is either but I think she might be in the background of the spidey-man photo

Not sure ... I thought I'd read that photo was taken at a childcare centre?
But I suppose I'd err on assuming the sister was older - otherwise she'd effectively be twelve or eighteen months old, and surely you wouldn't leave a three year old AND a one year old playing together for so much as a minute outdoors, without keeping an eye on them?!
I'm also wondering whether the 'five minutes alone' scenario is a bit of an 'understatement'? Five minutes is such a common phrase that is bandied about - it may well have been fifteen minutes or something else, but not something you'd announce publicly without being branded as totally irresponsible.
JMO

Police said William's sister who was playing with him prior to his disappearance has been interviewed, but was unable to provide any fresh information.

Inspector Kim Fehon said investigators are "looking into other possible scenarios" for the child's disappearance.

Superintendent Paul Fehon said the search will continue on Monday if needed, with extra resources due to arrive from Sydney.

Superintendent Fehon also said the search will continue overnight, but admitted less was possible.

"We always have a search capability, but in darkness there are limits to some of that capability," Superintendent Fehon said.

The region's top cop said William's chance of survival is steadily decreasing.

"As time passes that window does diminish."

http://www.camdencourier.com.au/sto...m-tyrell-continues-into-sunday-photos/?cs=704

It has been reported that William was playing with his little sister. Now, I imagine that Nana or Grandad would have said 'watch your little sister for a minute, William, I'll be right back with fruit for you both (or whatever)'. So it is difficult for me to imagine him just wandering off. Grandparents know if they can leave a particular older child watching over a younger child for a moment or two. They know if that particular older child is responsible enough to stay put and call out to them if the littlest one is having a problem.

Where on earth would William have gone, if his task was to watch his little sister for a moment? It must have been a pretty good thing, to distract him and lure him away.

If only that little sister was old enough to say what happened.

"Supt Fehon said the boy was playing with his little sister in the front yard of a Benaroon Drive home wearing a Spider-Man suit when he went missing."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...w-midnorth-coast/story-fni0cx12-1227057370986

Ah, so contrary to what I have just posted, it WAS his LITTLE sister! Thanks, South Aussie.
Well, she wouldn't be able to indicate anything. And, yes, it must have been something pretty amazing to lure William away...
The thing is, a kid that age has no concept of bush survival skills. Apart from following basic instincts perhaps, to seek cover or shelter from cold, there is no knowledge of how to obtain possible hydration or anything else related to survival.
Could it have been a neighbour, I wonder? Someone who could have kept an eye on the kids and gestured to William to come over, and then 'spirited' him away further from their own house over the subsequent hours??

^^^^^ oh jeez look at the kind of scrub they're searching in :(

The thing is, a kid that age has no concept of bush survival skills. Apart from following basic instincts perhaps, to seek cover or shelter from cold, there is no knowledge of how to obtain possible hydration or anything else related to survival.

I've read before that children have fairly good basic survival instincts (i.e. sleep when tired, shelter when cold) and that gives me some hope but it's definitely worrying that he has no means of hydration if he is out there.

Horrendous task ... trying to find a little boy in that environment. :(

10678857_634017360049631_6974183598923251113_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/4761029591...41832.476102959174406/634017360049631/?type=1

I've read before that children have fairly good basic survival instincts (i.e. sleep when tired, shelter when cold) and that gives me some hope but it's definitely worrying that he has no means of hydration if he is out there.
I don't know where in relation to Williams grandparent's house, I've heard they have been searching in dams.

In Facebook comments some volunteers have commented saying that drains etc have been checked and rechecked. Also the bush land is very dense making it difficult to search through where there is no tracks.

I don't know where in relation to Williams grandparent's house, I've heard they have been searching in dams.

I've marked (yellow) some of the obvious dams that show when I look on Google Earth. There are quite a few of them in the area, though some of them are quite a hike from Benaroon Drive (red). A few little creeks running through the landscape too.

i4pesl.jpg

I've read that there have been further offers of help from volunteers to search, but people coordinating the search have said they don't need more than the existing two hundred odd people atm (comprising one hundred professional searchers and one hundred volunteer community members). I wonder why they thought they do not need more people? I would have thought that the more help, the better. Every extra pair of eyes may spot something new.

Horrendous task ... trying to find a little boy in that environment. :(

10678857_634017360049631_6974183598923251113_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/4761029591...41832.476102959174406/634017360049631/?type=1

That does not look good! The grass would be so much taller than the little guy!
Strange that the dogs couldn't track him outside the gate, hope all the grandparents property has been checked and re checked in case he's stuck somewhere.
I'm not sure any of my children would wander into that area alone at three. There would always be pretty close to me. My eldest was the more adventurous one, but I couldn't even see him venturing in there alone.
Come on little man, give the searchers a sign where you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz