Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Police have declined to comment on other avenues of investigation into William’s disappearance."

Which to me means they are investigating other avenues. Which is what I've been afraid of.

Ohhhh ... I hope there are no known offenders living in that little community there. :(

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/25...m-tyrell-continues-into-sunday-photos/?cs=256

Media update: Sun, 4pm: William's family have made a heartfelt plea to the community about their desperation for the little boy.

Friend of the family Nicole addressed the media on Sunday afternoon at the Kendall Showgrounds.

"William is a much-loved and cherished little boy," Nicole said.

"The family are desperate to have him home, and if anyone knows anything please contact police."

Superintendent Paul Fehon said the search will continue on Monday if needed, with extra resources due to arrive from Sydney.

Gosh this is sad :( I hope they find the little Spider-Man soon :(

It's a bit of a worry that the dogs haven't picked up his scent :/ makes me worry he has been picked up by someone or hasn't left the property :(

5:30 pm there now. I really hope they find him before dark :(

Inspector Fehon said the search had not found any evidence pointing to William's whereabouts and police were also looking into the possibility the boy was abducted.

"We are looking into other scenarios and that's why we've got investigators working on that today," she said.

William was left alone with his sister for no more than five minutes in the front yard of the house, which sits at the end of a quiet street, next to bushland.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-ha...diminishes-20140914-10govc.html#ixzz3DH0DL0jt

As a parent of 3 children, I am just not convinced a 3 year old would wander into bush like that!... Kids aren't fond of dark / grassy / bushy areas..

A 3 year old to me, would become frightened quickly when left in surroundings like that..
I don't know.. 3 is still so young.. It's not a brave age (I have a 7,5 & 3 year old)
.. At age 3 all my kids answer when I call them.. In reality how quickly can a 3 year old move away from earshot in such a small amount of time..
I don't see bush land appealing to them..
Just my own uncomfortable thoughts.. I feel he was taken..

As a parent of 3 children, I am just not convinced a 3 year old would wander into bush like that!... Kids aren't fond of dark / grassy / bushy areas..

A 3 year old to me, would become frightened quickly when left in surroundings like that..
I don't know.. 3 is still so young.. It's not a brave age (I have a 7,5 & 3 year old)
.. At age 3 all my kids answer when I call them.. In reality how quickly can a 3 year old move away from earshot in such a small amount of time..
I don't see bush land appealing to them..
Just my own uncomfortable thoughts.. I feel he was taken..

If he has been abducted I pray he will be returned alive like Chloe Campbell which was a miracle.

It's a bit of a worry that the dogs haven't picked up his scent :/ makes me worry he has been picked up by someone or hasn't left the property :(

I agree, if the dogs can't pick up a scent leading into the bush then he didn't go that way. It is so upsetting to think someone has abducted him. :(

Google maps show Benaroon Drive appears to become a dirt fire track leading into the bush. I'm sure the police and searchers have gone further down the road into the bush in case some 4x4 driver picked him up.
Would there be any hermits living in the bush?
Little 3 yr old Chloe was abducted from a dead end street.

Hard to imagine how this little guy in a bright coloured outfit could not have surfaced with two hundred people searching for him in a one and a half and up to ten kilometre radius for three days and nights!
Some thoughts:
I have not seen images of his parent/s on any news reports but have heard that both parents are helping with the search. That's a good start. At least that points to both parents being on the scene and it should discount any theory that one parent might have abducted William.
Like others have mentioned upthread, I cannot quite get my head around what appeal the thick bush would have for a little boy, when he is at his grandmother's home and playing with a sister! All I keep hearing is that he was playing with 'a sister' - I have not heard it mentioned whether she was older or younger or could have been in any position to indicate where he might have gotten to.
As for a potential abduction: isn't that a fairly unlikely place for something like that to occur? Who would just hang out there, waiting for a kid to turn up and abduct them? It's not like it's outside a school or in a shopping centre. How could anyone have known that William would be there, playing in the front garden, at that precise moment, and not under the watchful eye of an adult? It's not like it's even his home address! He was on a VISIT to his grandmother's place.
If it WAS an abduction, then it would raise the question as to whether someone known to the family would have done it. In other words, someone who would have had some prior indication that William would be there that day.
And, yes, the lack of a scent beyond the property is weird ...

Did someone mention that there is a facebook page dedicated to the missing boy? If so, what keywords/name is it under? I can't find it.

Hard to imagine how this little guy in a bright coloured outfit could not have surfaced with two hundred people searching for him in a one and a half and up to ten kilometre radius for three days and nights!
Some thoughts:
I have not seen images of his parent/s on any news reports but have heard that both parents are helping with the search. That's a good start. At least that points to both parents being on the scene and it should discount any theory that one parent might have abducted William.
Like others have mentioned upthread, I cannot quite get my head around what appeal the thick bush would have for a little boy, when he is at his grandmother's home and playing with a sister! All I keep hearing is that he was playing with 'a sister' - I have not heard it mentioned whether she was older or younger or could have been in any position to indicate where he might have gotten to.
As for a potential abduction: isn't that a fairly unlikely place for something like that to occur? Who would just hang out there, waiting for a kid to turn up and abduct them? It's not like it's outside a school or in a shopping centre. How could anyone have known that William would be there, playing in the front garden, at that precise moment, and not under the watchful eye of an adult? It's not like it's even his home address! He was on a VISIT to his grandmother's place.
If it WAS an abduction, then it would raise the question as to whether someone known to the family would have done it. In other words, someone who would have had some prior indication that William would be there that day.
And, yes, the lack of a scent beyond the property is weird ...

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and the little fella is hiding somewhere and will show himself soon, but it could be an opportunistic abduction.

Where they live looks like such a tranquil and quaint little township, even I would believe it's safe for kiddies to spread their wings. I don't know anymore, just hope he's found safe and within the next hours. :(

http://www.kendall.org.au/gallery/gallery.html

Bush has rabbits. Maybe he followed an animal. Do the grandparents have a cat or dog he could have followed BUT HOW FAR- HE'S ONLY A TODDLER.

Back to the drain. Little boys love those things could he dropped a ball or toy and then fell in after it?
I firmly believe he would fit through that drain. The police should be lifting the concrete top.

I do hope all the visitors fully checked their cars. Last summer a beloved pet jumped into a car and someone closed the door. After a frantic search from the owner and friends he found his dog dead in the car only metres from his door.

Bush has rabbits. Maybe he followed an animal. Do the grandparents have a cat or dog he could have followed BUT HOW FAR- HE'S ONLY A TODDLER.

Back to the drain. Little boys love those things could he dropped a ball or toy and then fell in after it?
I firmly believe he would fit through that drain. The police should be lifting the concrete top.

I do hope all the visitors fully checked their cars. Last summer a beloved pet jumped into a car and someone closed the door. After a frantic search from the owner and friends he found his dog dead in the car only metres from his door.

That's right - how far could he have gone, even if he did go into the bush? The bush is hard going, I strongly doubt a three year old boy could forge through ten kilometres of bush. He'd get exhausted.
It crossed my mind that he might have climbed up a tree, but probably unlikely.
Wherever he is, he must be terrified. That's the worst thing about it. I would be petrified if I were stuck alone in the bush for any amount of time, let alone at night. Imagine what a three year old must feel, if he's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123