Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at Middle Brother Forest in the Google Earth program. There are quite a few driving trails in the forest, some largish sandy parking areas, some forest huts/lodges, and there is a road that cuts through the west edge of the forest from north to south and could be used as a through road that is way off the main highway.

Seems that a 4-wheel drive would be the best vehicle to use.

You can't see all of the trails in this image, as I had to zoom in a lot to see a lot of them, but you can see some of them. And you can see the one that cuts through the western edge.

6pan14.jpg

Not sure about the chances of finding anything discarded on a road in the forest... If you were abducting someone, would you really just throw their clothes out of the car onto the road? Forensics is so advanced these days, just about anything leaves a trace.

The police may have a POI who owns a car with a part missing so they could be trying to place that car in the area. Say paint, a mirror or a bumper swiped off on a rock or tree branch in the bush.

I live in an quiet estate of one acre blocks and I guarantee you I wouldn't have a clue what kind of cars go past my house. I'm sure that's what the neighbours are like there too, complacent maybe until something like this happens.
Locking the gate after the horse has bolted.

It's also crossed my mind if hunters camp the bush with their pig dogs.

I keep thinking about the chances of a stranger just happening to be driving by on a secluded road, at the precise moment that William is playing outside unattended for a brief time, taking a huge risk that the parents were outside with him, and being seen and heard my the neighbors (who report seeing and hearing nothing).

And I keep coming up empty handed.

<modsnip>

I think so too. I am late to follow this case, having only being made aware of it two days ago by a friend in NSW, but alarm bells started ringing for me today when I read that the dogs did not pick up a scent at the location. Dogs do not lie. Also, from what I understand of the questioning of William's sister, she knew that her brother was missing, but was unclear about details of them playing together at the time that he disappeared. Not sure of her age though, so she may be too young to be coherent in this matter.
Poor little fella - seems more to this case than could be taken at face value.
Jmo.

I think so too. I am late to follow this case, having only being made aware of it two days ago by a friend in NSW, but alarm bells started ringing for me today when I read that the dogs did not pick up a scent at the location. Dogs do not lie. Also, from what I understand of the questioning of William's sister, she knew that her brother was missing, but was unclear about details of them playing together at the time that he disappeared. Not sure of her age though, so she may be too young to be coherent in this matter.
Poor little fella - seems more to this case than could be taken at face value.
Jmo.

I was about to post my question after I read the last page of posts, and you're in the same place I was going I think. My question is, has it been verified that William was actually at the house in the first place?

I'm a long time lurker, but this is my first post.

I have been reading this thread for the past few days & from the start I have thought it was possible he was abducted from someone driving past & saw an opportunity. I remember reading about an abduction that occurred in the US many years ago. The girl was about 17 & lived on a rural type property. She pulled up in her driveway & got out of her car to check the mailbox. Her father looked out of the window & saw her. That was the last time anyone saw her. She was abducted & later murdered.

I live in a street similar to where William went missing, but in a different area. I also live at the end of a cul-de-sac next to bush land. When my children were younger I never left them out the front for any period of time on their own to play. I was worried about them wandering off into the bush, but also that story always stuck in my mind. You just never know, anything is possible.

Such a terrible situation. I hope they find out what happened to him.

I was about to post my question after I read the last page of posts, and you're in the same place I was going I think. My question is, has it been verified that William was actually at the house in the first place?

the photo of him in the spiderman suit on the balcony was taken at his grandmothers house but im not sure if it was dated or not, and i think someone said it was his first visit there?

a horrible thought, if william was abducted by a local person, that person may have later been among the volunteer searchers 'looking for him', creepy!

i still wonder if the only evidence police have of william being there that day is the photo and what they were told by the family, surely the photo would have a date on it?

I have been reading this thread for the past few days & from the start I have thought it was possible he was abducted from someone driving past & saw an opportunity. I remember reading about an abduction that occurred in the US many years ago. The girl was about 17 & lived on a rural type property. She pulled up in her driveway & got out of her car to check the mailbox. Her father looked out of the window & saw her. That was the last time anyone saw her. She was abducted & later murdered.

I live in a street similar to where William went missing, but in a different area. I also live at the end of a cul-de-sac next to bush land. When my children were younger I never left them out the front for any period of time on their own to play. I was worried about them wandering off into the bush, but also that story always stuck in my mind. You just never know, anything is possible.

:wagon:

Yes, you are right .. and as we who live near thick bush also know there are some 'unusual types' living right off the grid for good reason in them thar hills ..

Welcome Louis .. glad that you joined us!

I keep dwelling on the fact that Family Services have become involved. To me, that says that William may have been a client of theirs, or that someone involved is a client of theirs.

Centrelink, counselling, and other support services are available if the family need emergency support at this time. Family Services is for children/youths/families where day to day life is not right, for whatever reason.

There is evidently a back story here, strictly confidential as all Family Services matters are, and I wonder if it has created this situation. There seems, to me, to be something else going on now .. with police checking another area, scaling back the search, but going full-on with the investigation.

It gives me hope that William may be relatively safe somewhere - just not where he is supposed to be.

i still wonder if the only evidence police have of william being there that day is the photo and what they were told by the family, surely the photo would have a date on it?

Like Kyron remember? That one is still completely unsolved too ..

the photo of him in the spiderman suit on the balcony was taken at his grandmothers house but im not sure if it was dated or not, and i think someone said it was his first visit there?

I keep seeing this come up but there's no actual proof of it, well not that I am aware of anyway so maybe I've missed something. Do you or anyone have a link for this??

If he was abducted by a local person on foot then surely the dogs should have been able to trace him; if abducted by anyone by car, then the dogs should have been able to trace him to the point at which he was loaded into the car. As far as I know, the scent left by a person can linger on bushes, walls, etc. and need not be just a 'ground' scent so to speak, therefore carrying a child could still leave a trace for the dogs to follow. jmo.

Thinking of little Spider-man William hoping today is the day he comes home.

1 week has passed, nearly to the hour. I am hoping that little William is safe and out of harms way.

Not much news activity today either. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member