Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read tracker - Jake Cassar - new post on fb, I found his experience and comments fascinating

Absolutely disgusted with the content posted on that unofficial William missing persons page...

I just read tracker - Jake Cassar - new post on fb, I found his experience and comments fascinating

What a good man Jake Cassar is. Very impressed with his dedication and commitment. And what a good idea to put up bush cameras!

What a good man Jake Cassar is. Very impressed with his dedication and commitment. And what a good idea to put up bush cameras!
Yes, I am really pleased he has had a lot of time spent with the locals and feels William is alive and well.

:greetings: Hi Pink bow

:welcome:
Hi amee , I'm a newbie on here but have been following Williams heartbreaking disappearance from the start. I also have a three year old son that loves everything spiderman so can not even begin to imagine what little William or his parents are going through. However, I am totally baffled by it all, nothing really adds up :(

Yes, I am really pleased he has had a lot of time spent with the locals and feels William is alive and well.

I got the impression that this was his first 'tracking' expedition...??? And the link below mentions, amongst other things, that he's part Australian and part Egyptian! I had imagined it was an Aboriginal tracker... Seems like he's had some contact with Aboriginal people though. Certainly has led a very varied life. Packed many careers into it, from the sound of things!

http://livingessence.info/livingess...on=com_content&view=article&id=412&Itemid=189

i cant find jake cassars comments on that fb site, can someone please link it or post his comments, sounds really hopeful.

sorry if these are too big...first time posting pictures... From the angles I got on street view...if the kids played mainly in this area they could only be observed from two other houses...unless of course they had been stalked from shops or somewhere else to the home.

That's what I believe too Puggle, this house has a road at the back of the property and at the front, very easy for child to be abducted without anyone noticing. Not many houses have that kind of access, no neighbour behind. jmo

This house doesn't directly link into the bush, the dark bricked house further up does and the one across the street.

This is interesting. As well as setting up the road block near Benaroon Drive this morning, and questioning all drivers, the police also stopped and questioned drivers travelling along some back roads in the area of the Middle Brother Forest.

Something is making them look closely at that Middle Brother Forest area.

"Cars travelling on back roads on the NSW mid-north coast are being stopped by police in the hope someone might shed light on William Tyrell's whereabouts.

Friday marked day seven in the search and focused on Middle Brother, an area south of Kendall dominated by state forest.

Supt Fehon said vehicles travelling along some roads in the area had also been canvassed.

'In the hope somebody may have been travelling in that location last week,' he said."

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati...-search-for-toddler.html#sthash.JKwhBWDL.dpuf

thankyou so much, but i dont have facebook so cant log in to read his comments

Jake is now asking for help in identifying the brand of sandals that William was wearing - he doesn't say why.

Other than that, he searched for about a week, with his dog Benson. Covered large areas around a dozen times, hoping that William may return to an area - has set up motion detecting cameras to try to see if William is still in the area - has heard, found and experienced a lot that he wont disclose all of - will be back if locals find/hear anything more of interest - was very painful to leave without finding William - and loves the ladies who made him dinner and left Benson special dinners.

Jake is now asking for help in identifying the brand of sandals that William was wearing - he doesn't say why.

Other than that, he searched for about a week, with his dog Benson. Covered large areas around a dozen times, hoping that William may return to an area - has set up motion detecting cameras to try to see if William is still in the area - has heard, found and experienced a lot that he wont disclose all of - will be back if locals find/hear anything more of interest - was very painful to leave without finding William - and loves the ladies who made him dinner and left Benson special dinners.

He mentioned finding small prints at one point & will want something to compare them to. My dad grew up out bush & knew how to track. I thought it was something everyone knew & wish I'd paid more attention as a kid.

Jake may also be monitoring to see if they can locate the very large dog that he found prints of as well.
JMO

I have listened to his interviews and I am not sure I even want to go camping ever again! Along the ''wild'' conjectures....((ducking for the tomatoes being tossed my way)) I have been trying to find out online if there were reports of ''feral'' dogs in that area do I dare utter that word.....dingoes? Are they that stealthy that poor wee William could have been lured away by ''doggies'' or worse, been tugged or dragged by a few of them??

Not sure if anyone responded? In many parts of Aus this could happen, but it's one of the few possibilities we can categorically rule out. There are no native dogs in NSW anymore thanks to the Dingo Fence.
australiamap1.jpg

dingo_fence_copy.jpg

ebay343.jpg

& so I don't totally multi-post, I noticed people were wondering about the FaCS involvement. It might be very different in other states, but in NSW it doesn't necessarily mean there was an existing case file or reporting history. In NSW FaCS are the first point of contact for families in need of counselling & support services. Centrelink are federal & only administer financial support & welfare referrals ie food vouchers, short term crisis accommodation referrals etc.

Centrelink do have social workers, but they don't provide counselling services. They conduct interviews for "sensitive case" customers applying for payments ie women escaping domestic violence, streetkids escaping abuse, the recently bereaved etc.

(Source - worked for DSS/Centrelink for 15 yrs, a good deal of that time I was on the streets of Darlinghurst/Surry Hills/Kings X doing outreach to streetkids)

ETA I should've said though that it doesn't rule out feral dogs, which along with foxes are really the only large predators bigger than a quoll that you'll find in the NSW bush.

http://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/child-approached-tumbulgum/2288687/I said I wasn't going to multi-post but ... I'm going to have to search through the stuff that was being reported/discussed in the media & local sites early in the week to find this because I can't remember where I saw it (so it's very unverified at this point), but around the time the first mentions were made of the guy asking for directions, I read about another report.

It said someone spoke to a truck driver stopped the local servo who said he'd called 000 on the first day because he saw a car on the side of the road & "a large woman acting suspiciously" - whatever that means. If he (or others) saw a car near or on a turnoff to Middle Brother & it was one of those newer models with plastic everything & had visible damage to a bumper or it's lights, I could see police looking into the possibility that it happened when someone reversed hard on a bush track.

Also, this is probably completely unrelated & innocent, but there was an alert re. an approach to children by a male & female in a car at Tweed Heads Primary School today reported on the NSW Police fb. There's reference to a prior incident in the comments that might be relevant

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152452228926185&id=218519706184

ETA - Found a link to back up the the approach comment. It's further up the coast, but Tumbulgum's a tiny little bush town too (pop. is 300-400 or so I think) which makes stranger approaches to children very unusual.

http://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/kidnap-attempt-prompts-nhw-comeback/2322780/

http://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/child-approached-tumbulgum/2288687/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member