Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I must say that living in a similar kind of area that you actually don't always bother checking passing cars unless they're coming down your own driveway.

In regards to the lawnmowing she would likely get someone in, we use a local for our lawns and it's a lot cheaper than the same service would be in the city, when I lived in town I had the same guy come in and do the front and back of my house and he only charged me $20 for that service (I know, I actually felt kind of bad), anyway so she may not have to pay a huge amount to have it done, especially if her neighbours use the same guy ..

The other thing I noticed was the house is surrounded by bushland on one side .. so there is a chance that if someone did approach it was largely on foot and the car could have been a distance into the bush or similar, I also think it was longer than the 5 minutes we keep hearing about, the kids were running around, everyone felt safe because they're in the country, and by now the kids have gotten used to the yard etc, grandma is relaxed and mum has stopped hovering over them and is letting them play freely, and is inside making a cup of tea.

I also still think it's possible that he did simply run into the bush and that the search area for the first few days was nowhere near large enough.

So I wonder if they spelled his name right? Do we even know what the right spelling is yet?

I know I keep mentioning it, but it seems so basic to at least get his name right, I can only think that the person who reported him missing was wrong, and was the earlier mention of foster parents correct. Would like to know who " Nicole " is, she seems close to William.

Is there some police page we can email and ask for his correct name?
If this was my child I'd be making sure everyone had his name right.
Maybe I'm pedantic but it's a big red flag to me.

Feral dogs are way scarier than dingoes.. and a lot less wary of people sometimes. But I doubt a dog of any kind could have attacked William and dragged him off in total silence, leaving only its footprints and no blood.

I think had feral dogs taken him it's something they would've found traces of in the thorough search, either the scent dogs would have or the searchers would likely have found shreds of clothes, blood etc.

It's the absolute lack of anything that's making them concentrate on cars, not necessarily due to any particular suspicion or evidence, or (assuming of course it wasn't recently found) that would've been the focus originally (they still did it, it just wasn't the focus, the search was due to their belief that an opportunistic abduction is unlikely due to the location).

I keep thinking, if a car had pulled up alongside the fenceline in the yard just outside the house (if I have that right) and someone's pulled William over -- would no-one have a heard the car running? If the area's pretty quiet, I'd be surprised if so. Just thinking back to my own days in the country, us kids would get hyper, hearing a car coming up the road for a mile. Cars meant visitors - and visitors meant nanna would bring out the good bikkie tin. Anyway, we always heard the cars.

So I wonder if they spelled his name right? Do we even know what the right spelling is yet?

In the original missing persons post on nsw police Facebook page his mum corrected that it is tyrrell not tyrell as msm was stating

Not sure if anyone responded? In many parts of Aus this could happen, but it's one of the few possibilities we can categorically rule out. There are no native dogs in NSW anymore thanks to the Dingo Fence.
View attachment 59342

View attachment 59343

View attachment 59344

& so I don't totally multi-post, I noticed people were wondering about the FaCS involvement. It might be very different in other states, but in NSW it doesn't necessarily mean there was an existing case file or reporting history. In NSW FaCS are the first point of contact for families in need of counselling & support services. Centrelink are federal & only administer financial support & welfare referrals ie food vouchers, short term crisis accommodation referrals etc.

Centrelink do have social workers, but they don't provide counselling services. They conduct interviews for "sensitive case" customers applying for payments ie women escaping domestic violence, streetkids escaping abuse, the recently bereaved etc.

(Source - worked for DSS/Centrelink for 15 yrs, a good deal of that time I was on the streets of Darlinghurst/Surry Hills/Kings X doing outreach to streetkids)

ETA I should've said though that it doesn't rule out feral dogs, which along with foxes are really the only large predators bigger than a quoll that you'll find in the NSW bush.

Hi Antechinus.

I live in Northern NSW - the Northern Rivers region - and there are indeed dingoes up here. I know several people who've had them on their property - as well as the wild dogs.

(not that I think a dingo took him - or wild dogs - but I just wanted to point that out. And Ausgirl's right - the dingoes are far more timid and wary of people than the wild dogs. The wild dogs have a far more aggressive attitude and travel in big packs up here)

http://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/child-approached-tumbulgum/2288687/I said I wasn't going to multi-post but ... I'm going to have to search through the stuff that was being reported/discussed in the media & local sites early in the week to find this because I can't remember where I saw it (so it's very unverified at this point), but around the time the first mentions were made of the guy asking for directions, I read about another report.

It said someone spoke to a truck driver stopped the local servo who said he'd called 000 on the first day because he saw a car on the side of the road & "a large woman acting suspiciously" - whatever that means. If he (or others) saw a car near or on a turnoff to Middle Brother & it was one of those newer models with plastic everything & had visible damage to a bumper or it's lights, I could see police looking into the possibility that it happened when someone reversed hard on a bush track.

Also, this is probably completely unrelated & innocent, but there was an alert re. an approach to children by a male & female in a car at Tweed Heads Primary School today reported on the NSW Police fb. There's reference to a prior incident in the comments that might be relevant

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152452228926185&id=218519706184

ETA - Found a link to back up the the approach comment. It's further up the coast, but Tumbulgum's a tiny little bush town too (pop. is 300-400 or so I think) which makes stranger approaches to children very unusual.

http://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/kidnap-attempt-prompts-nhw-comeback/2322780/

http://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/child-approached-tumbulgum/2288687/

I'm not trying to contradict everything you've said, Antechinus :seeya: but I just don't want people freaking out that small bush towns in NSW are suddenly incredibly dangerous.

I live not too far from Tumbulgum - and whilst it is indeed a small village - it isn't a secluded bush town in any way. It's actually situated very near Murwillumbah (a large regional centre) and is located alongside the main highway running up to Tweed and the Gold Coast. There are always huge amounts of traffic passing by.

Hi Antechinus.

I live in Northern NSW - the Northern Rivers region - and there are indeed dingoes up here. I know several people who've had them on their property - as well as the wild dogs.

(not that I think a dingo took him - or wild dogs - but I just wanted to point that out. And Ausgirl's right - the dingoes are far more timid and wary of people than the wild dogs. The wild dogs have a far more aggressive attitude and travel in big packs up here)

Hi neighbour :seeya: We used to listen to a pack of wild dogs roam at night and they are by no means quiet .. when they get prey they all bark like mad because they're all fighting over the meat, also all the people in the area are aware of them, especially farmers or in this case the rangers that look after that bit of bush.

Hi neighbour :seeya: We used to listen to a pack of wild dogs roam at night and they are by no means quiet .. when they get prey they all bark like mad because they're all fighting over the meat, also all the people in the area are aware of them, especially farmers or in this case the rangers that look after that bit of bush.

I know! They're super noisy. We'd often hear them barking and howling through the night - we're down on the coast now (nearer to you now Mrs G!), but it's a big issue in the bush!

Off topic. So jealous of all you bush ladies. I wanna go bush :(

I'm hoping today is the day William is found <3

Jake is now asking for help in identifying the brand of sandals that William was wearing - he doesn't say why.

Other than that, he searched for about a week, with his dog Benson. Covered large areas around a dozen times, hoping that William may return to an area - has set up motion detecting cameras to try to see if William is still in the area - has heard, found and experienced a lot that he wont disclose all of - will be back if locals find/hear anything more of interest - was very painful to leave without finding William - and loves the ladies who made him dinner and left Benson special dinners.

thankyou so much, this sounds promising, sounds like he thinks william is alive, and may fit in with his earlier sighting of small footprints and also the reported sighting of a big woman acting suspiciously, although i hope shes not the same woman approaching children with a man in tweed heads. wish we knew what else he found and heard, this may be why police have now focused their search in this other area?

could a childless couple be trawling quiet rural roads looking for a child to steal/'adopt'?

This picture appears to be taken outside on a deck (the balcony?), brick walls ... outside, right???

I don't think this that pic was taken on the front balcony because this appears to be tiled and a different design. This snapshot was from Instant google maps 2010.
It is a beautiful home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 182
Throwing something out that is way out there in regards to a car coming up the room and taking him - a friend of mine has a hybrid car, no noise as she arrives at my place, no noise when your in it. There is more and more of them now, just a thought.

I don't think this that pic was taken on the front balcony because this appears to be tiled and a different design. This snapshot was from Instant google maps 2010.
It is a beautiful home.

when I look at that photo and see the excellent driveway...I think that would be an little boy's dream to be riding his trike there he would be visible as well as audible.....if one was sitting on the side patio rear of the car port or from the front porch....

Also there don't appear to be any fences as at 2010

Pic no. 2 - end of street leading into bush.
Pic no. 1 - see the side access leading to roller door access to under the house.

(I've learnt to to screenshots with my iPad):happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 49
You know if William wandered down to the street that's actually a fair way away from the house and where the adults were, there is no way they'd have noticed anything if he got into a car or someone coaxed him further.

I am in the Northern Tablelands, and while dingoes are fairly well controlled, we definitely have some around. Some of the wool growers who have properties bordering the national parks have gone out of wool and transitioned to cattle due to dingo and dog attacks on lambs. The dingoes tend not to be interested in people- I think they are more of a threat in popular camping areas where dingoes and humans coexist, as people become a source of food due to bbq's, rubbish bins etc. Wild dogs would probably be more of a threat, but they would leave lots of evidence. (I hate writing that) Feral pigs would also be a danger- they are massive, and carnivorous. I dont know if feral animals are a problem around Kendall.

I was more concerned with the lantana that was shown in earlier pictures as searchers combed through the bush. That stuff is so thick. If a little boy was scared and wanted to hide, lantana would be a great hiding spot. He would be very hard to see, as well. You need a machete to get through the top of that awful stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UK Feline