DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
old article written 6 mths ago, police focused on bs early on
https://www.facebook.com/ACAAPERTH/posts/406811806152564
That is a good article! Thanks Bearbear

“I have downloaded the receipt and (Spedding) has it in his hot little hand,” he adds.

I think that has always been my favorite Colin quote.

And I don't think police have left his mate hanging as he is quoted saying even though at the time it may have seemed so. (But IMO BS would have probably rather have been left hanging than sitting in jail)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

On Wednesday, when media arrived to report on the case, most news organisations quickly had Spedding’s name, but chose not to run it. That all changed late on Wednesday afternoon when, on its website, The Sydney Morning Herald ran his name and described him as a suspect.

The next day, the rival Sydney tabloid, The Daily Telegraph, ran a photograph of Spedding on its front page with the heading “Person of Interest”, while another heading said: “Police swab and quiz tradie over missing boy”.

Could this have been the case about the spiderman toy? Media knew about it but never reported it until the Telegraph let it loose. Just thinking out loud.

That was a really informative article for me. If BS is found not guilty, I hope he sues, sues, sues. MOO - I think the police gave his name to the media because of the historical allegations, and if he was responsible for WT's disappearance they had no evidence to detain him so they had to warn the public that someone very dangerous was in their midst. Must have been a hard choice, ruin someone's life or maybe save other people's lives.

I wonder if he is found not guilty will it make much difference anyway, there will be many who won't accept that I am certain.

That was a really informative article for me. If BS is found not guilty, I hope he sues, sues, sues. MOO - I think the police gave his name to the media because of the historical allegations, and if he was responsible for WT's disappearance they had no evidence to detain him so they had to warn the public that someone very dangerous was in their midst. Must have been a hard choice, ruin someone's life or maybe save other people's lives.

January 24

There were the 21 neighbours in the exclusive estate. There were locals, shopkeepers, indeed everyone who had any contact with the boy’s family — including tradesman William Harrie Spedding, *better known as Bill

Among those statements was the one from Mr Spedding. Detectives allegedly found some inconsistencies in what he told them, which led them to the surprise raids on the tradesman’s former first-floor pawnbroking office in Laurieton and his Bonny Hills home last week.

“What he said did not add up because people he named did not remember seeing him,” a source alleged.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195546202

If there are any Kendall, Lauriton locals here, can you tell us what the prevailing feeling or opinion of the community is about BS or any other POI's?

I wonder if he is found not guilty will it make much difference anyway, there will be many who won't accept that I am certain.

I guess we are very jaded here....I know it takes a hell of a lot to get a case to a point where it is worth going to court in the first place so when they dont get a conviction it is usually my first thought that they just couldnt make the charges stick......not that the person is innocent. Perhaps I am too cynical??

Thanks Ksks. But would it be feasible (with any or all of the scenario's you mentioned) for the magistrate to only grant a two day adjournment? That does not give the defense a whole lot of time does it?

The Bail Act requires adjournments of no more than 8 days. In theory a 2 day adjournment is more than enough time to consider further evidence and get instructions. It also may have been the only day that all parties, including the court, were available.

That is a good article! Thanks Bearbear

“I have downloaded the receipt and (Spedding) has it in his hot little hand,” he adds.

I think that has always been my favorite Colin quote.

And I don't think police have left his mate hanging as he is quoted saying even though at the time it may have seemed so. (But IMO BS would have probably rather have been left hanging than sitting in jail)

BBM

I think that if I was questioned regarding my whereabouts on a particular day, one way to remember is to have a look at my credit card transactions. If there was one for the day in question, I'd ask the bank to provide me with a copy of the transaction. I think this is what Colin had and downloaded that Spedding got his 'hot little hands on'. Whether it would stand up as evidence of one's whereabouts is another question, but at least it would give you some indication of what you did that day.

The Bail Act requires adjournments of no more than 8 days. In theory a 2 day adjournment is more than enough time to consider further evidence and get instructions. It also may have been the only day that all parties, including the court, were available.

Thanks Ksks. Glad you're here to offer your opinion, it's much appreciated. Much better than me stumbling around on Google trying to find answers and getting it wrong. :blushing:

BBM

I think that if I was questioned regarding my whereabouts on a particular day, one way to remember is to have a look at my credit card transactions. If there was one for the day in question, I'd ask the bank to provide me with a copy of the transaction. I think this is what Colin had and downloaded that Spedding got his 'hot little hands on'. Whether it would stand up as evidence of one's whereabouts is another question, but at least it would give you some indication of what you did that day.
Wish we had confirmation if the receipt exists. I have always wondered if Colin jumped the gun saying he had a receipt assuming there would be one on the statement then found out later there actually wasn't. Or what has been mentioned before, that MS is the one who made the transaction.

Wish we had confirmation or denial by police that people can vouch for BS whereabouts on the day in question
Wish we had confirmation if the receipt exists. I have always wondered if Colin jumped the gun saying he had a receipt assuming there would be one on the statement then found out later there actually wasn't. Or what has been mentioned before, that MS is the one who made the transaction.

Wish we had confirmation or denial by police that people can vouch for BS whereabouts on the day in question
Yes. That would be very helpful! [emoji1]

Does a pedophile have stronger urges than the average person? It appears to me the way these pedophile react it's like they are possessed, like something just overtakes their being with no refrain! They appear to have no thought or no guilt that it will injure the child that will lead to them being caught. They just don't appear to care.
I can't begin to try to figure it out because the hatred is overwhelming to me.
Prostitutes serve a purpose in many circumstances but what the hell do we do with this evil?
If there are pedophile rings, is it getting worse or has it been around forever and just swept under the carpet??
What the hell is going on??!!

Two coffees doesn't prove anything!! It could mean MS was was expecting him at the school but it doesn't mean he was there! He could have been late or didn't arrive.
If the school had no records or footage of him attending then hopefully some security cameras caught his van driving past their shop. Was that the idea of the tennis court's camera?

Good questions. Talking off the top off my head here, I think it's been in most societies forever, not a majority but a good dysfunctional percentage of the population. Mostly seems to be organized by men and I think men have been a lot more aware of it than women throughout history. As women have joined men in society more over the last century, I think awareness has grown in general.
Does a pedophile have stronger urges than the average person? It appears to me the way these pedophile react it's like they are possessed, like something just overtakes their being with no refrain! They appear to have no thought or no guilt that it will injure the child that will lead to them being caught. They just don't appear to care.
Prostitutes serve a purpose in many circumstances but what the hell do we do with this evil?
If there are pedophile rings, is it getting worse or has it been around forever and just swept under the carpet??

I remember sitting in my office one day when interviewing a 'gentleman' we found hanging around the kids and him saying-'Pedophiles don't hurt children. Pedophiles love children'. So that is the mentality of some of them. needless to say in this case I'm referring to, the police were called, but I don't think they could pin anything on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member