Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those with some knowledge about court proceedings.
Is a sitting 2 days after you have adjourned the norm. It just seems rather quick. imo

I did read even though I know hardly anything at all as u can tell by my other posts [emoji12] a bail hearing cannot be adjourned for more then 3 days. So seems pretty normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think the hearing was postponed because BS's lawyer had to catch up on the reading. however, if that is the case, it may be reading based on information that was popped on him last minute. I have a gut feeling that he probably found out that they have a lot more evidence against Spedding than expected. Maybe the lawyer realized getting Spedding out on bail is the least of his worries right now. I trust Jubelin knows exactly what he is doing, and it was no coincidence that the info about the toy was released when it was. It could have been used as an intimidation tactic. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I really feel a huge can of worms is about to be opened, and a lot more information will be revealed. I definitely don't feel Spedding will be going anywhere anytime soon! Fingers crossed!!!

I did read even though I know hardly anything at all as u can tell by my other posts [emoji12] a bail hearing cannot be adjourned for more then 3 days. So seems pretty normal.

Thanks that's interesting. I can't recall following a case where a bail application has been adjourned.

I'm lost...! No idea what Thursday is about. 2nd mention???? Anyway I'll stop harassing everyone!

From what I understand this is where BS will state his plea. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I really don't think the hearing was postponed because BS's lawyer had to catch up on the reading. however, if that is the case, it may be reading based on information that was popped on him last minute. I have a gut feeling that he probably found out that they have a lot more evidence against Spedding than expected. Maybe the lawyer realized getting Spedding out on bail is the least of his worries right now. I trust Jubelin knows exactly what he is doing, and it was no coincidence that the info about the toy was released when it was. It could have been used as an intimidation tactic. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I really feel a huge can of worms is about to be opened, and a lot more information will be revealed. I definitely don't feel Spedding will be going anywhere anytime soon! Fingers crossed!!!
I agree that we are about to learn a whole lot more.

KinderedSpirit, I agree.

But I do wonder the who and why spiderman hit the press.
Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, head of the team investigating the toddler's disappearance on September 12 last year, told the Port News on Wednesday morning that the latest report was not information his squad had released. He also said "its something we are not making any comment on".

http://www.camdencourier.com.au/story/3137450/william-tyrrell-police-refuse-to-comment/?cs=706

KinderedSpirit, I agree.

But I do wonder the who and why spiderman hit the press.
Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, head of the team investigating the toddler's disappearance on September 12 last year, told the Port News on Wednesday morning that the latest report was not information his squad had released. He also said "its something we are not making any comment on".

http://www.camdencourier.com.au/story/3137450/william-tyrrell-police-refuse-to-comment/?cs=706

Yea, I know what you mean...BUT, in all honesty...that is a very vague statement Jubelin made. Even the fact that he said they aren't commenting on it, can be a part of his plan....

I'm lost...! No idea what Thursday is about. 2nd mention???? Anyway I'll stop harassing everyone!

Found, this should explain it more for you.

Mention.

This is the first time you will appear in court and will typically be in the Local Court, no matter how serious the alleged offence is.

It is very important that either you or you lawyer attends on this day, because if not, the case could be decided in your absence.

If you are on bail, you will be required to attend court even if a lawyer is also attending for you.

At the mention you can plead guilty, not guilty or ask for an adjournment to seek legal advice.

If you plead guilty and the charge is relatively minor, the magistrate will normally move to sentencing and impose a penalty that very day.

If you plead guilty to a more serious case, the magistrate may order that you obtain a ‘pre-sentence report’ (PSR) from community corrections (formerly called the ‘probation and parole service’).

A PSR will outline the options available to the magistrate other than full-time imprisonment. For example, it may find you eligible for a supervised good behaviour bond or community service order.

If a community corrections officer is at the courthouse that day, you may be able to get a ‘duty PSR’ and have your case finalised on the day.

If the magistrate orders a ‘full PSR’, your case will normally be adjourned for 6 to 8 weeks to enable community corrections to prepare a detailed report.

If your case is very serious, it may need to be ‘committed’ (sent) to a higher court such as the District Court for sentencing.

If you plead not guilty at your mention, your case will normally be adjourned for another mention in 6 weeks to enable police to serve all of their statements and other evidence against you.

Once the materials are served, the case will proceed to a ‘Defended Local Court Hearing’.

If you plead ‘not guilty’ to a serious charge, it will ultimately reach a ‘committal hearing’.

http://nswcourts.com.au/articles/what-are-the-different-stages-of-an-average-court-case/

And why don't you think that it is the case? I didn't make it up. My information came from a reliable source who was in attendence at the court. It is the duty of the police to submit their evidence to the court at the first mention, which was in April of this year when BS was arrested and charged. Information is not popped onto the defense lawyer at the last minute. If there is any new evidence it will submitted at the second mention on Thursday. Today was another bail application hearing and it was basically for BS's lawyer to present to the magistrate what, it any new circumstances have occurred in the life of BS to show just cause as to why he should be granted bail. Nothing has changed for BS since April IMO. He's been in jail and his application is a total and utter waste of time and taxpayer's money.

And why don't you think that it is the case? I didn't make it up. My information came from a reliable source who was in attendence at the court. It is the duty of the police to submit their evidence to the court at the first mention, which was in April of this year when BS was arrested and charged. Information is not popped onto the defense lawyer at the last minute. If there is any new evidence it will submitted at the second mention on Thursday. Today was another bail application hearing and it was basically for BS's lawyer to present to the magistrate what, it any new circumstances have occurred in the life of BS to show just cause as to why he should be granted bail. Nothing has changed for BS since April IMO. He's been in jail and his application is a total and utter waste of time and taxpayer's money.

So did your source happen to mention if the support team where there. :smile:

Thanks Makara [emoji1] I am absolutely clueless on how the court system works on some things. If new charges and evidence are brought forward, that BS's solicitor is not aware of, Will BS be required to make a plea then and there or can there be a postponement?

Thanks Makara [emoji1] I am absolutely clueless on how the court system works on some things. If new charges and evidence are brought forward, that BS's solicitor is not aware of, Will BS be required to make a plea then and there or can there be a postponement?

If new evidence is brought foward in the current case, BS is not required to make a plea until his solicitor has gone over it all with a fine tooth comb. If there are new charges, BS will once again face court for those particular charges.

Is it possible that Wednesday may not even happen?

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with your version of events and thank you for sharing. Just people think it might be some kind of tactic to buy time.

Does your reliable source happen to know if it was actually Hoyles that appeared today to request adjournment?

Is it possible that Wednesday may not even happen?

I have absolutely no idea Soso. Two days seems a ridiculously short amount of time for BS's solicitor to read over the evidence when he has in fact had two months to do so. Something is in the wind I feel.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with your version of events and thank you for sharing. Just people think it might be some kind of tactic to buy time.

Nup I was not thinking buy time - it is only 2 days.
I was thinking more like shyte what does one do.

I was making a general comment, not responding to your post specifically...otherwise I would have quoted it. I personally do not know why the hearing was postponed, and would never assume that I know more than anyone else. I appreciate the way everyone bounces ideas off of each other. So trust me when I say, my post was not directed at you ....I was simply stating what I felt. Nothing more, nothing less.

If new evidence is brought foward in the current case, BS is not required to make a plea until his solicitor has gone over it all with a fine tooth comb. If there are new charges, BS will once again face court for those particular charges.
Thanks again!

Thursday will be very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads