Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was making a general comment, not responding to your post specifically...otherwise I would have quoted it. I personally do not know why the hearing was postponed, and would never assume that I know more than anyone else. I appreciate the way everyone bounces ideas off of each other. So trust me when I say, my post was not directed at you ....I was simply stating what I felt. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's all good KindredSpirits. You and the rest of us are all entitled to our own opinions.

Why when I think of BS's lawyer do I keep seeing visions of the solicitor from "The Castle."?

And why don't you think that it is the case? I didn't make it up. My information came from a reliable source who was in attendence at the court. It is the duty of the police to submit their evidence to the court at the first mention, which was in April of this year when BS was arrested and charged. Information is not popped onto the defense lawyer at the last minute. If there is any new evidence it will submitted at the second mention on Thursday. Today was another bail application hearing and it was basically for BS's lawyer to present to the magistrate what, it any new circumstances have occurred in the life of BS to show just cause as to why he should be granted bail. Nothing has changed for BS since April IMO. He's been in jail and his application is a total and utter waste of time and taxpayer's money.

Prosecution NEVER have all their evidence at the first mention and often don't provide all the evidence until a couple of days before trial. I regularly get trials adjourned because new disclosure is handed over on the morning of trial.

The adjournment could be for several reasons, none of which have to do with the lawyer's competence. The lawyer was probably given a heap of disclosure just before the hearing and couldn't get instructions.

Prosecution NEVER have all their evidence at the first mention and often don't provide all the evidence until a couple of days before trial. I regularly get trials adjourned because new disclosure is handed over on the morning of trial.

The adjournment could be for several reasons, none of which have to do with the lawyer's competence. The lawyer was probably given a heap of disclosure just before the hearing and couldn't get instructions.

Thanks Ksks. So you are a solicitor? Have you thought of becoming verified here on Websleuths so that we can pick your brains? LOL.

Thanks Ksks. So you are a solicitor? Have you thought of becoming verified here on Websleuths so that we can pick your brains? LOL.

I am but I dont want to become verified. I'm happy to answer some questions as "my opinion".

Ksks I don't think the lawyer is incompetent, I just wonder if he may be out of his depth on this case, based on no facts at all, just pure pre judgement which is wrong of me. This was a bail appeal. Does new evidence get dropped on defence at bail appeals?

Would I be right to pressure that at the hearing today the prosecution came up with some reasons or further evidence against bail so the defence asked for some extra time to respond.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ksks I don't think the lawyer is incompetent, I just wonder if he may be out of his depth on this case, based on no facts at all, just pure pre judgement which is wrong of me. This was a bail appeal. Does new evidence get dropped on defence at bail appeals?
Can do. There may be a proposed residence that prosecution object to. The bail report may only have been handed over this morning. Medical evidence may have just come in. The lawyer may have been working his bum off to get together information fir the application today but have been let down by the people he was relying on for that information. Or prosecution may have dumped another 60 pending charges on BS today. Who knows?

Can do. There may be a proposed residence that prosecution object to. The bail report may only have been handed over this morning. Medical evidence may have just come in. The lawyer may have been working his bum off to get together information fir the application today but have been let down by the people he was relying on for that information. Or prosecution may have dumped another 60 pending charges on BS today. Who knows?

Thanks Ksks. But would it be feasible (with any or all of the scenario's you mentioned) for the magistrate to only grant a two day adjournment? That does not give the defense a whole lot of time does it?

I know this will be a really unpopular concept...............just wondering how many crimes would be solved/wrapped up if partners were offered financial rewards for coming forward with information that would lead to a conviction. I can imagine that a lot of partners wouldn't come forward due to feelings of "Love"...but also hopes that their significant others aren't convicted because they are relied on as the "Sole" Financial breadwinners funding the life of their partner.... One...you don't want to think your partner is responsible 2. If your partner who provides $$$ for you to live your life is arrested............ ??? just some food for thought.

I know this will be a really unpopular concept...............just wondering how many crimes would be solved/wrapped up if partners were offered financial rewards for coming forward with information that would lead to a conviction. I can imagine that a lot of partners wouldn't come forward due to feelings of "Love"...but also hopes that their significant others aren't convicted because they are relied on as the "Sole" Financial breadwinners funding the life of their partner.... One...you don't want to think your partner is responsible 2. If your partner who provides $$$ for you to live your life is arrested............ ??? just some food for thought.

I see exactly what you are saying Puggle.
I suspect that financially things would have changed significantly.

Though MS said that a number of TV networks had approached them with "significant" offers of money to perform sit down interviews.
I guess time will tell if that is indeed an option available to MS.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-william-tyrrell/story-fnpn0zn5-1227390367031

Absolutely horrified by this. Dragged his down the street in broad daylight! My oldest son is 8 so really hits close to home. THANK GOODNESS he got away. Whoever took William is just as brazen.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's scary isn't it? I have a 9yr old daughter, and you always like to think your kids are safe in their own backyard.

I could be wrong here but If bs is using legal aid then there's a good chance he had a different solicitor for the bail appeal and this person would now have to try and catch up on all the facts.
I went through the bail appeal process with a family member and that's exactly what happened.
If he does get bail its highly likely they will adjourn the next court hearing.

He's probably a very nice guy and he does like a glass of red, so he can't be too bad. LOL.

And he likes Rudyard Kipling....a favourite poem of mine that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie