Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting that one of the victims remembered nothing about the incident. I'm guessing that would be the child who was 3 at the time. In a way it's a good thing that they can't remember the incident.

Last I will post :(

jesse mullens ‏@jessemullens 50s51 seconds ago

Bill Spedding has been granted bail
0 retweets 0 favorites

TEN Eyewitness News ‏@channeltennews 54s55 seconds ago

BREAKING: Bill Spedding has been granted bail on historic child sex charges. #TenNews 5pm
Embedded image permalink
View photo
1 retweet 0 favorites

TEN News Sydney ‏@TenNewsSydney 54s55 seconds ago

BREAKING: Bill Spedding has been granted bail on historic child sex charges. #TenNews 5pm
Embedded image permalink
View photo
0 retweets 0 favorites

Nine News Sydney ‏@9NewsSyd 56s57 seconds ago

#BREAKING: Bill Spedding has been granted bail. #9News

Well that's an unfortunate turn of events. Let's hope this goes to trial quick smart.

One of the victims remembers nothing?
If that's true then It would most likely be the younger victim. But that should not matter. At the time she told her mother and grandma that it was Bill. And was severely injured!!! The other seems to remember!!!! So angry that he got away with this in the first place! Arghhhhhhhhhh

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If it's proven beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law that BS is innocent of raping and assaulting two little girls under the age of 10, then so be it.

The court will not determine that BS is innocent beyond reasonable doubt. Prosecution need to prove that BS is guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

If the medical evidence is correct then there is no doubt that these girls were sexually abused. But a young child nominating a person as the perpetrator is not definitive proof of the guilt of that person. Children are notoriously susceptible to influence. Read this UK High Court judgment about two children claiming to have witnessed satanic cults:

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/gareeva-dearman-2015.pdf

I am not suggesting that the children have lied about the perpetrator or that the mother forced them to lie. It could have been as simple as a mother, on seeing evidence of abuse, asking the girls "It was Bill, wasn't it?" If small kids have been threatened and another "offender" is suggested, then it is a very easy out to blame another person. And then that belief becomes so ingrained that the girls genuine believe the offender was Bill. This is not wild speculation on my part. This is a phenomenon that is widely acknowledge in psychology and also in the courts, where evidence of young children usually requires corroboration.

This was clearly a dysfunctional family where a convicted child sex offender was allowed to live with young children. I'm pretty sure that, upon discovering abuse, the mother did not leave the questioning of the girls to experts trained in appropriate questioning of young children. I am positive that, intentionally or unintentionally, the girls had suggestions put to them, especially if a mother just could not contemplate or comprehend that her brother had molested her children.

BS may be guilty. He may be innocent. I don't know. But the fact that the girls were very young and may have been subject to suggestion, they living with a known child offender at around the same time, I think is reasonable doubt as to the guilt of BS. Unless there is medical evidence that excludes H as a possible offender due to him being in prison, then prosecution do not have a very strong case against BS.

My opinion only.

I'm so p*ssed right now....seriously fuming and disappointed! :banghead::banghead::gaah::gaah:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/28499360/spedding-granted-bail/

William Spedding granted bail after being charged with historic child sex offences.

William Spedding, 63, was charged in April for allegedly sexually abusing two girls, then aged three and six, in Sydney in 1987.

The charges were laid after detectives began looking into Spedding while investigating the disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrrell, who disappeared on the NSW mid-north coast last September.

It's noy going to be easy for him to show his face around town.

Look, I'm all for "innocent until proven guilty", but if I had children living near Spedding I would be watching them like a hawk up until the trial. That's because I believe police have a heck of a lot on him and are keeping it under wraps.

If he is a pedophile, pedophiles carry this urge forever (IMO), and he's facing his in jail without being near another child ever again :facepalm:

Edit: Watch your kids, even in the backyard. Don't look away for a second like poor William's mother :(

WOE!!! So he has been let out on bail......I did not see that coming
Our court system is so wrong...pedos get away with it all the time WHY?? Cause they can
It is getting to the point where we have to keep our children locked away

Has anyone seen any bail conditions yet? I would be interested to know what they are.

Jubelin shook the tree and nothing fell out, at the expense of Speddings freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018