Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he ask his own child for a reference?
More likely to be the older one but he may not have been aware at that stage either that he was going to be arrested, forgive me but I haven't recalled the timeline.

Well he knew facs were investigating because that inquiry commenced in early December 2014. The detectives rang the mother of the children that were in his care in December as well.

According to court documents, Mr Spedding asked an alleged victim to sign a declaration about his “good character” after learning police were investigating him over William’s disappearance.
He contacted one of his alleged victims, who is now an adult, “directly lobbying” her to declare he did not sexually abuse her when she was a child, according to police facts tendered in court.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...th-bill-spedding/story-fns0kb1g-1227322744804
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l-speddings-care/story-fnpn118l-1227198878302

What the hell? Trying to make things seem like a normal family? Fake is awkward. Shivers at the slimey feeling this complainant and child had to endure.

The court heard that Mr Spedding spent the night at the home of one of the complainants about six months ago and played with her young daughter.
“It just didn’t feel right . . . it felt really awkward,” the complainant said in police interviews.

BBM
I feel for her! I know many who have been forced into continued contact with their abusers for fear of losing the rest of their family. A friend invited her abuser to her wedding because her family said they would not attend unless he was able to come as well. She has since cut them all off, but to this day she can't even look at photos from her wedding because it is like being victimized by her family all over again.

I do think there needs to be change I'm the legal system. Our children are too innocent and too vulnerable to take these soft line approaches with the accused. The focus should be on protecting the children at all costs.

Sadly how much would that hold up in court if this happened in the complainants house after she allowed him in?
I think the defense will use it to muddy the waters and they might succeed in that aspect. But to me, as I said above, it means nothing, I know many in similar situations who are forced into contact with their abusers due to the threat of being abandoned by the rest of the family.

Remember the photo of BS (sitting on a lounge I think) nursing a little baby dressed in pink? Photo removed long ago but I wonder now whose baby it was? I can still see him smiling into the camera.

Hopefully william's family comes after him when he gets out.

He should not expect to live too much longer.

I'm not sure what they've been waiting for?????

I think the defense will use it to muddy the waters and they might succeed in that aspect. But to me, as I said above, it means nothing, I know many in similar situations who are forced into contact with their abusers due to the threat of being abandoned by the rest of the family.

There are several possible reasons for him being at the complainant's house recently, none of them being indicative of his guilt or innocent. But I agree, it will muddy the waters.

I once prosecuted a case where a man was charged with molesting his granddaughters. The mother of the girls, the defendant's daughter, was terribly molested by him when she was young. Yet she allowed her father to babysit her daughter and was completely shocked when she found out what had happened to her kids.

Apparently it is very common that child abuse victims let the abuser access their child. I am still trying to wrap my head around these types of occurrences. I can only think it is some type of PTSD that the victims suffer along with a "normalisation" of protecting the perpetrator that some families insist on especially if abuse happens as a child - the child is often "voiceless" and doubted and the child can feel they were the cause of the breakup of the family and want "family" at any cost and then are shocked that the abuse continues. There really is a cycle of abuse.

bs released tonight, channel seven just showed a red car speeding away from the gaol?
i notice its been a top leading news story on tv all tonight, they refer to him as the poi in wt case,
which is good for keeping the public aware of little william

Apparently it is very common that child abuse victims let the abuser access their child. I am still trying to wrap my head around these types of occurrences. I can only think it is some type of PTSD that the victims suffer along with a "normalisation" of protecting the perpetrator that some families insist on especially if abuse happens as a child - the child is often "voiceless" and doubted and the child can feel they were the cause of the breakup of the family and want "family" at any cost and then are shocked that the abuse continues. There really is a cycle of abuse.

I stopped trying to understand why people did the things they did. The only way I got through my job as a prosecutor (which consisted mainly of child sex abuse) was to give up judging people's actions.

bs released tonight, channel seven just showed a red car speeding away from the gaol?
i notice its been a top leading news story on tv all tonight, they refer to him as the poi in wt case,
which is good for keeping the public aware of little william

Hope they get booked for spedding oh I mean speeding.

Spedding is alleged to have inflicted the abuse in April and May, 1987.

One of the people made the original call to Crime Stoppers about Spedding days after William Tyrrell was snatched.

Police have also obtained medical reports made soon after the event that allegedly suggest the young victim was penetrated. After the alleged rape, Spedding then “focused his attentions” on the three-year-old nearby, police allege.

Police allege that, since Spedding became aware they were making inquiries with him in relation to the disappearance of William Tyrrell, he had contacted people he knows in the hope of obtaining character references.

BBM. UBM.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...graph&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial

Frogwell, I respect your opinion but I don't agree with you. The MSM report above is quoting information that police have made available and that is all we can go on for now. It is at least a little better than some of the utter rubbish that has been printed in regard to this whole case.

You say I think you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with this logic. It has been stated that BS is charged with rape and assault that occurred in April/May of 1987. Not January, not February, not March. Police have obtained medical records soon after the assaults, not months after the assaults.

If it's proven beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law that BS is innocent of raping and assaulting two little girls under the age of 10, then so be it. In the interim all of us here including yourself are still hoping that little William is found alive and well and hasn't fallen victim to a paedephile ring of which, according to police, BS is allegedly a part of. This is something he hasn't been charged with and I sincerely hope that he had no part in William's disappearance. I keep hoping that William is being loved and cared for somewhere and will one day be reunited with his family.

I take umbrage to the fact that the police investigators in this case are criticised and demeaned. Don't put the police down on my watch! They are not grasping at straws or have stumbled across the perfect smoke and mirrors sideshow to distract the public from looking so empty handed! They are not there to "save face." These investigators are highly intelligent and well trained and they couldn't give a stuff about saving face. They are doing their job to see that justice is served. Always.

I'm going to cuddle my husband now. (Policeman of 20 years, now retired). Gawd this case is heartbreaking on so many levels!

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! Thank you for posting this

I stopped trying to understand why people did the things they did. The only way I got through my job as a prosecutor (which consisted mainly of child sex abuse) was to give up judging people's actions.

Desensitised or realising the long line of these mongrels appears never to end?
I wonder if that's how our judges feel. I guess that's sad if that's the case.

Desensitised or realising the long line of these mongrels appears never to end?
I wonder if that's how our judges feel. I guess that's sad if that's the case.

Child sex abuse is far more common than most people realise. Have a look on any state's court page at recent judgments. Most of the cases are about CSA.

The thing I struggled to deal with most is just how different people's standards of acceptable living are. We can't judge others by our own middle class standards.

I stopped wondering why parents allowed their children to be looked after by complete strangers, or why a woman who was continually beaten up by her partner would continue to return, or why women would deliberately set out to get involved with incarcerated men convicted of violent offences against women, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876