Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am shocked that there was no mention of BS's plea anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi KSK, I'm just wondering if you can help me understand how police and media have overstepped the mark. They have always described the historical charges as 'not related' to WT, to my knowledge, so perhaps I'm missing something?

I agree it's strange that there has been nothing in the media at all today. I would have expected at least the outcome to have been reported. That suggests that the media have backed off for whatever reason.

Something can only be defamatory if it affects your reputation (putting it very simply), so the mere reporting that he was in court today and his matter has been adjourned, would not be defamatory.

There aren't any suppression orders in place either. Even if there was, the media would have reported that "a xx year old man appeared in Campbelltown court today" in the knowledge that most people would know who it is.

My own view is that either:

A. BS has, through a lawyer, put the media on notice of a lawsuit if he is acquitted, and the media, knowing it has overstepped the mark, has agreed to a blanket silence on order to mitigate further damage, or

B. The police, knowing that they have overstepped the mark in the release of information to the media, have asked the media to stop reporting.

I cant help but wonder whether the judge at the bail hearing gave everyone, police, DPP, media, websites, a right royal serve about the publicity surrounding BS and the clear attempt to use a historical charge to further a current investigation, and a chastised media omitted reporting it.

A judge cannot order media not to report on a case. It can order suppression of a defendant's name. However, if that was the case, his name would not have appeared on the Court List.

Its possible that the judge made an aside about the significant adverse publicity of BS and issues that it may raise further down the track. The media may well have been asked by police to lay off. Or the Crown may have put the media on notice regarding a possible defamation claim by BS if he is acquitted.

Hi Ksks

As an interest I know that Australian law has suppression/injunction orders, but do we also have super- injunctions that actually prevent the reporting that a suppression/injunction order exists at all like it does in England? If that isn't bad enough do Hyper- injunctions also exist in Australian law? If so God help all Sleuthers!

Yeah but i am not sure they would be allowed to report on that case either.
What other case?

Im surprised that theres been no media reports in regards to BS aswell. I highly doubt that a deals been made. All informatio suggest he will fight this til the end. Unless something significant has changed.

Just a guess but Adrianna may be referring to the case that came to light yesterday in WA regarding a paedo ring. 8 men charged including the 13 year old female victims father who instigated the abuse. Sickening is an understatement....

Have you heard if the 'Mention' went ahead yesterday and is so what was the outcome? Any other sightings of BS down there? or information? Thanks for your help; so great to have a local on here.

I sent out a tweet earlier this morning to a reporter that I follow asking if there was any news on the court mention, so far I have had no reply. That may not mean anything though, they may not reply to random members of the public!

I sent out a tweet earlier this morning to a reporter that I follow asking if there was any news on the court mention, so far I have had no reply. That may not mean anything though, they may not reply to random members of the public!

Bugger it....I have purposely kept away today so I could have a treat reading about BS.....xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ksks

As an interest I know that Australian law has suppression/injunction orders, but do we also have super- injunctions that actually prevent the reporting that a suppression/injunction order exists at all like it does in England? If that isn't bad enough do Hyper- injunctions also exist in Australian law? If so God help all Sleuthers!

I'm not sure. Give me a few days and I will get back to you.

But something has clearly happened after BS was released on bail. For the first couple of days after he was released the media were following him everywere, and then, nothing. Not a single mention of the outcome of yesterday.

And the media dont suddenly stop a juicy story without orders from above.

Pretty obvious to
Me. The media have been told to back off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so very quiet on the Spedding front, if you google "William Spedding" and use the search tool of searching only the last 24 hours you get nothing, not even this post on websleuths. :dunno:

Would love to hear if apollosong or any other locals have heard anything on the grapevine, or if Col's been to the pub again. :gathering:

His name being mentioned in MSM kept William's name out there. So when there is an article about William will Spedding's name not be referenced? We have not gotten an update on our little Spidey's case in weeks. This is getting more depressing by the day.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. Give me a few days and I will get back to you.

But something has clearly happened after BS was released on bail. For the first couple of days after he was released the media were following him everywere, and then, nothing. Not a single mention of the outcome of yesterday.

And the media dont suddenly stop a juicy story without orders from above.

Hmm why am I again reminded of the events in Australia leading up to the formation of the Woods Royal Commission in 1995 to investigate the existence of a paedophile network, which it was claimed consisted of members of the legal profession, media, political establishment and medical profession.
While the Woods Royal Commission was somewhat successful back then, the invention of the internet puts these 'rings' into a totally new forum. I dont think for one minute they 'went away'.
This is a good summary of the events back then: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/nsw/NE01211 but even Wikipaedia does the story justice.

Is it possible the case was dismissed? And nothing has been reported to save the police from embarrassment.

Pretty obvious to
Me. The media have been told to back off

I agree - but since when has the whole Australian media "done what it has been told" without complaint? The total lack of information is rather telling and raises even more questions than a quick press release would have.

I just rang Campbelltown local court. He is due to appear at the same court on 23/9/15.

Thanks frogwell. :cheers:

Maybe there is no conspiracy. Maybe it was a total non-event and entirely administrative. There is a lot of other news in the media right now... if no new facts came out, what is there to say, really?

Thanks frogwell. :cheers:

Maybe there is no conspiracy. Maybe it was a total non-event and entirely administrative. There is a lot of other news in the media right now... if no new facts came out, what is there to say, really?

No prob. I have wondered if the arrest of the family court bomber which was at Campbelltown on the same day as BS was due to appear eclipsed everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654