Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says grandma is unwell could she have quickly fallen asleep ? I know my partners dad often does that and doesn't remember . It doesn't look good though :(

But grandma went to the neighbours for help so she was 'mobile'.

blefuscu, yes that makes sense. So back to my original thought that was removed and I can't post on here.

But grandma went to the neighbours for help so she was 'mobile'.

Ah of course, forgot about that.

I think it's best to keep an open mind, just as the police say that they are. They've apparently gotten heaps of stuff from Crimestoppers. I wonder how much of it they can dismiss straight away? Or is it like 000 and they have to investigate everything as if it's legit every time?

My dh father isn't unwell he just often nods off lol. :) sticking to facts though . There is the street they live on then the only street in and out which is towards the corner . I'm not to sure what line of sight would be . But Nicole States to media he is not the type of child to run off and he knows the rules . However another article says it's his first visit to grandmas which might mean he doesn't quite know the rules as he doesn't know the layout of the property

I'm still confused about what you can post about family.

If anyone's not sure about the rules or has any further questions please send either myself or one of our other mods a PM (private message) which is located top right of the page under "notifications".

I wonder if (and I assume they have; I'm 100% sure every thought that has gone through our heads has gone through the investigating police task force a long time ago!) they asked the dad what vehicles he saw on his way back to the house

Just watched the ACA video. After seeing that footage, I don't understand why sooo much emphasis is continually being placed on how impossible it would be for an abduction to take place undetected in that street. I think it's TOTALLY POSSIBLE! It's more possible, in fact, than in your average suburban street in Sydney!!
The houses are set so far back from the street that they'd be hard pressed to see much at all. There are tall trees surrounding WT's grandmother's house.
For the VERY fact that no one believes that something like this could happen there, is probably why it did.
Yes, it is quiet and peaceful. But that doesn't mean that people are hearing every movement on the street. Apart from being set back from the street, the houses are widely spaced apart. A car could have been parked somewhere out of the direct line of vision of any one particular house.
Whoever did this, would have been clued up on the area and have done their homework on the logistics of how to carry an abduction out - if it were an abduction.
It certainly sounds like this is the line of inquiry that police are now pursuing and locals are taking it seriously, what with walking their kids to the bus stop etc.

William Tyrell: Family statement. .

This is the only HINT of a plea I heard in the long winded family statement.

William is only three years and three-months-old and really still a baby, he has so many more years to live and we desperately want him home

All the rest are many thank yous to everyone neighbours, life savers etc etc.

http://www.camdencourier.com.au/story/2575857/william-tyrell-family-statement/

<modsnip>

Going on that it is a small town and not a thoroughfare except maybe for people going in to the bush, my thoughts are if he was abducted it was possibly from someone they know or someone that had seen them in town and found out where they were staying and waited for the best opportunity - when the Dad wasn't there and when he was in the yard and being unsupervised, even though it was for a short amount of time.

Yeah that's true Xantara.

There were quite a few reported "child approach" incidents around Northern NSW towns around that time. Have there been any since?

Agree Xantra, people may have been inside or at work and also houses are set back from the road.

It wouldn't have been necessary for grandma to fall asleep in order to not see or hear William being taken. She was at the other end of the house, looking in the opposite direction. WT's mum and sister were hovering around, perhaps talking (i.e. generating their own 'noise'), preoccupied, whatever. The kitchen windows look out onto the last little dead end bit of Beneroon Drive, NOT the stretch of the drive that anyone would have gone along to get out of the estate.

Apart from other thoughts I have had, he may have hidden or ran off playing chasey in to someone else's yard and then hidden in a spot that has injured him and he can't get out. I know they have searched everywhere but apart from my previous thoughts re: abduction, I am totally baffled and they haven't found any trace of him in the bush.

I agree Lotus09. Apologies for the morbidness of this - A man went missing in our suburb several years ago. Despite police investigations and his family searching his body lay decomposing very near a busy bike / walking path and at a place popular for walking dogs for approx 5 Months before someone stumbled upon it. Very very sad to think he was there all that time and we had no idea :(
I certainly hope this hasn't happened to William and he is with someone he knows and being taken care of - even if he was taken illegally. The alternative is just too sad to think about :(

William Tyrell: Family statement. .

This is the only HINT of a plea I heard in the long winded family statement.

William is only three years and three-months-old and really still a baby, he has so many more years to live and we desperately want him home

All the rest are many thank yous to everyone neighbours, life savers etc etc.

I guess at the time they wrote this, the family may not have been sure what to 'pitch' their statement at i.e. child missing in bush, child abducted etc.
But perhaps it might be an idea for them to release another statement. Perhaps they should release one every week or every second week. Or get someone to front the media again on their behalf. I think that what is lacking here is a bit of 'personal touch'. It's almost easier to feel sorry for the police and all the searchers, because they are the only faces we've seen!!
Intellectually we know that it must be distressing for the family, but on an emotional level it is so much more difficult to relate to a family if you know nothing about them. Even some more anecdotes about William would help. Some information on what he might have been looking forward to in the next weeks or months. We know about the Firefighter William story, but I think we need to actually 'hear' more about the people and their emotional lives.

I actually think that the 'legal' reasons for family anonymity are hampering the investigation. If the family were made more public maybe witnesses would come forward with info. Nobody is above suspicion here. Those reasons better be some darn good ones. I'd hate to think that some chance to find a small boy could be missed just because some law protects someone in that family. Jmo.

Yes, Jigzy. I agree!!!

A lot of past tense in this statement.

To the Police: As well as William loving all things Fire Engines and Fire Fighters he was also enamoured by the Police and he would have been beside himself to see the amount of Police Cars and Police officers at Nana&#8217;s house. And also, like all little boys, he would have been asking you about your guns!

A lot of past tense in this statement.

To the Police: As well as William loving all things Fire Engines and Fire Fighters he was also enamoured by the Police and he would have been beside himself to see the amount of Police Cars and Police officers at Nana&#8217;s house. And also, like all little boys, he would have been asking you about your guns!

........................And yet.................. he'd never been to 'Nana's house' before in his life!!! Reported in msm.

As reported in media, they are family friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper