Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe someone followed then after finding out where they were going . I do not think that the "family" that william was with did anything

Maybe legal restrictions stop the media from knowing the full story as what they did report was often incorrect or miscommunication

I am just hoping that the media has gone quiet and there has been no news because police are onto something/someone. Also, there seems to have been many rumours put out there about the family situation and even the police mentioned "misinformation" and all this covering up of family identities - has this helped or hindered the case? Although, there must be good reasons for it. Does anyone know if there have been other cases of missing children where the parents identities has been concealed? <modsnip>

I keep hopeful that the silence is a result of closing ranks on the perp and that the case is nearing resolution. I really doubt whether much will be revealed until that point. MOO

As I'm new to websleuths could someone please enlighten me as to what MSM and MOO stand for? LOL! Thanks so much.

As I'm new to websleuths could someone please enlighten me as to what MSM and MOO stand for? LOL! Thanks so much.

MSM = Mainstream Media
MOO= My Opinion Only

:wave:

welcome *S*

MOO means My Opinion Only

MSM means media as far as i know dont take this for gossip. Im sure someone will post the correct meaning up *S*

MSM = Mainstream Media
MOO= My Opinion Only

:wave:

Thankyou Amee, grins i learnt something new Main Stream Media, i will remember that now. I must have posted seconds after you.

I am just hoping that the media has gone quiet and there has been no news because police are onto something/someone. Also, there seems to have been many rumours put out there about the family situation and even the police mentioned "misinformation" and all this covering up of family identities - has this helped or hindered the case? Although, there must be good reasons for it. Does anyone know if there have been other cases of missing children where the parents identities has been concealed? <modsnip>.

Zechoan, what did you mean with police mentioning 'misinformation'? What kind of misinformation were they referring to?

My thoughts are that perhaps the police are staying quiet because they are onto something or someone and don't want to jeopardise a lead by giving anything away.

Folks please lay off the speculation about foster care/adoption.

There is nothing in media or police reports which confirms that.

The family made a statement on 9/22. http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2576177/from-the-family-of-william-tyrell/?cs=257

It's 99% thank yous to the searchers, with the last 1% a request for information and prayers and hopes that William comes home safe. There are no pleas to people who may have him to return him.

It's like the elephant in the room that no one is talking about. I've never seen a family with a missing child act this way. It's very strange.

The family made a statement on 9/22. http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2576177/from-the-family-of-william-tyrell/?cs=257

It's 99% thank yous to the searchers, with the last 1% a request for information and prayers and hopes that William comes home safe. There are no pleas to people who may have him to return him.

It's like the elephant in the room that no one is talking about. I've never seen a family with a missing child act this way. It's very strange.

On the other hand, perhaps police have requested the family remain silent while the investigation is ongoing.

If police required public assistance they would most certainly be asking for it.

I think they must have someone or a scenario in mind, else there would be more media coverage and they wouldn't have called off searches. In similar missing children cases there has been community searches ongoing for months. To stop that kind of volunteerism they'd have to be pretty confident it was going to be fruitless and not worth the potential risk to searchers let alone be respectful of their time. It only went on two weekends. If they suspected the family or a local predator that bushland would be being turned upside down every weekend for months.

I was just browsing through newspaper articles again about this case and came across something really interesting. "police are now canvassing the possibility that a kidnapper took William by car into the dense bushland surrounding the small town of Kendall, where he was last seen." Could this mean that there is a witness who saw William somewhere other than the house (near Middle Brother Forest for example)? Could this have something to do with the small set of footprints found and knife sheath and evidence of camp site? I know the police are saying they don't have any leads, but surely it is a case of them knowing more than they are letting on?

I was just browsing through newspaper articles again about this case and came across something really interesting. "police are now canvassing the possibility that a kidnapper took William by car into the dense bushland surrounding the small town of Kendall, where he was last seen." Could this mean that there is a witness who saw William somewhere other than the house (near Middle Brother Forest for example)? Could this have something to do with the small set of footprints found and knife sheath and evidence of camp site? I know the police are saying they don't have any leads, but surely it is a case of them knowing more than they are letting on?
BBM

I think it is just the syntax - poor sentence structure. I think they are saying he was last seen in the small town of Kendall. If there had been a sighting elsewhere they would have released that information. MOO.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, many children are found alive decades later.
William could be held in the bush, or already been moved from point A to B.

In the USA Elizabeth Smart was abducted and taken into bush land and held hostage not far from her home, she could hear her name being called by the searchers.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Smart_kidnapping

Amanda Berry, Georgina DeJesus and Michelle Knight each vanished from the inner-city thoroughfare. All 3 girls were held for 10 years not far from their homes.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/ohio-rescued-women-timeline/

A woman who was allegedly kidnapped a decade ago at age 15, sexually abused and held against her will has been found alive in California, and her suspected captor arrested, police said on Wednesday.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/woman-e...ears-report-20140522-zrkl3.html#ixzz3EnO6fdiq

The kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard occurred on June 10, 1991, in South Lake Tahoe, California. Dugard was 11 years old at the time and was abducted from a street while she was walking from home to a school bus stop. Searches began immediately after the kidnapping, but no reliable leads were generated. She remained missing for more than 18 years
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Jaycee_Lee_Dugard

I still think with such a small window of opportunity it has to be someone who followed them and whome is known to william . We just don't get these cases in Australia , not with someone so young

I can think of a couple minty79 :( people just forget with time I think :(

I think the knife sheath, small footprints and campsite were found early on, while they were still searching the Kendall State Forest. I don't think they went that deep into the Middle Brother State Forest. By that stage, they were going along dirt roads within that forest and mainly looking along those roadsides, to see if anything had been discarded from a car.
I think they also stopped the search, because they'd been searching for ten days and that was deemed to surpass how long a three year old could be expected to be found alive. They had experts advising them on that.
They must have been receiving new bits of information throughout these ten days and, while I understand they were already pursuing other lines of inquiry concurrently, they decided to *focus* on pursuing literally hundreds of pieces of information they had received. Maybe they are hoping that after assessing all these bits of information, they might have a more strategic direction for further searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535