Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's all we have so far.

There is no forest between Laurieton and Dunbogan. There is a bridge linking the 2 and according to Google Maps the towns are only 5 mins drive apart!

I'm interested to know why pervert pianist has moved so many times, and to such random locations. I think ACA reported he had 2 convictions? I'm always of the opinion that the number of convictions isn't an accurate representation of how many crimes have been committed, just the ones that have been reported.

Has he been chased out of town on various occasions, hence the pattern of moving all over the place?
Looks like 3 convictions

Nichols was first placed on Tasmania's Child Protection Register in 1985 for offences against an 11-year-old boy.

By 2007, he was living in Bairnsdale, Victoria, where he was convicted of possessing child *advertiser censored*.

The pianist then moved to Camden, outside of Sydney, for a new role with his church before moving to Kendall last year, where he was again convicted of possessing child abuse material.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-days-since-disappearance#lxEkaYvIPvtpecqO.99

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BBM
Reminding me...once again....of the Kiesha Abrahams Wieppart case. LE took evidence from the flat but did not reveal if they found anything. Until a year later later when they put the whole case together. Tony Jones' car has been cleared but nothing was ever said about the other items taken.

Yes and no further mention about the other car parked in front of AJ's.
I suspect LE know exactly who owns/owned that car.

Looks like 3 convictions

Nichols was first placed on Tasmania's Child Protection Register in 1985 for offences against an 11-year-old boy.

By 2007, he was living in Bairnsdale, Victoria, where he was convicted of possessing child *advertiser censored*.

The pianist then moved to Camden, outside of Sydney, for a new role with his church before moving to Kendall last year, where he was again convicted of possessing child abuse material.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-days-since-disappearance#lxEkaYvIPvtpecqO.99

So where was he living in the 22 years between Tasmania (1985) and Bairnsdale (2007).
Where was DN living in say 1987 ?

dunbogan is tiny only about 11 streets there, what a coincidence two of the pois were there that day around the same time and dont know each other?

dunbogan is tiny only about 11 streets there, what a coincidence two of the pois were there that day around the same time and dont know each other?

Yes and who's fridge was it that BS was repairing at Dunbogan.
I wish we knew if that has been confirmed or not.

was dn living in dunbogan or kendall when william went missing? conflicting article?

ANOTHER person of interest has emerged in the William Tyrrell case as the desperate search for the little boy enters its third calendar year.
The Saturday Telegraph can reveal detectives have interviewed Derek Nichols, an elderly man listed on the child protection register, several times and searched his home on the state’s mid-north coast.
Mr Nichols said he had nothing to do with the four-year-old’s disappearance and is not connected to William’s family.
“I was living in Kendall and the police came to see me because I was on the child protection register,” Mr Nichols told The Saturday Telegraph.
“The most significant one was in May when they came and inspected my house.”
Mr Nichols said he was on the child protection register for crimes committed in Victoria. He said he was living in Dunbogan when William went missing and said he did not know anybody connected to the case.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l/news-story/2a509a4d7fe95d488d2b026f8d33bfb0

BBM

Jesus saves..........

Looks like 3 convictions

Regarding whether the whereabouts of paedophiles should be made public information - I have this to offer. I live on Sunshine Coast (from where Daniel Morcombe was abducted and killed). Residents here thought that we lived in a wonderful & safe, benign area. We were all totally shocked when the investigation revealed that there were over 100 could have been 150) KNOWN paedophiles residing in the area. That's just the 'known' ones.
Since then most of us take many more precautions with children in our care & make no assumptions about who might or might not be a paedophile.
Sadly that seems to be the best way to keep our children safer. FWIW.....

On a more serious note... having followed the Noah Chamberlin case and getting frustrated with the DeOrr Kunz case something occurred to me that I'm not sure we've entertained for months and months.

Is it at all possible that William did in fact just run off and keep running, and he has been in the woods all along outside of the search zone?

This has always been a niggling thought in the back of my mind too.

On a more serious note... having followed the Noah Chamberlin case and getting frustrated with the DeOrr Kunz case something occurred to me that I'm not sure we've entertained for months and months.

Is it at all possible that William did in fact just run off and keep running, and he has been in the woods all along outside of the search zone?

I still have that on my list of possibilities...

Thanks, I was just about to ask about Dunbogan! I was wondering if Dunbogan was a really useful place with a lot of shops and businesses which would make it normal for various people from nearby towns to all be in Dunbogan on the same day. Doesn't sound like it.

A tenuous link, krig, I admit, as there could be any number of hidden meanings in that stump message, but on the other hand it could just be the work of some sick pseudo believer, or again just immature idiots out to gain some publicity.

If there are any tenuous links, I'm sure the police will be on to them.

Oh that's creepy....

A tenuous link, krig, I admit, but here could be any number of hidden meanings in that stump message, but on the other hand it could just be the work of some sick pseudo believer, or again just immature idiots out to gain some publicity.

If there are nay tenuous links, I'm sure the police will be on to them.
If anything, it put William's name in the media again.

Yes, that's definitely a positive. I'm just wondering what sort of effect it had on his parents; hopefully they see it that way too. I just feel for them so much.
If anything, it put William's name in the media again.

New article

"A hidden cache of objects hidden in a forest tree near where missing toddler William Tyrrell was last seen was dismissed by police as part a global treasure hunt game known as 'geocaching'.

But mystery still surrounds the eerie 'Jesus Saves William Tyrrell' message painted on the tree stump after the gamer who planted the objects revealed there was no writing on the stump when he did so.

Daily Mail Australia exclusively revealed on Monday that NSW builder Bob Carnes had found the mysterious message 'Jesus Saves William Tyrrell' painted in red on the tree trunk in Middle Brother forest, just 10km from where William Tyrrell went missing, while driving through the forest last weekend.

When he stopped to inspect the trunk, Mr Carnes found a bottle containing a compass, torch, coin and a sealed bag with post-it notes."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-geocache-gamer-left-find.html#ixzz3zjkWULnE

Thank you to all of you for keeping William's thread going with discussion posts and news article updates.

http://www.pmhu3a.org.au/pmhNewsletters/2012/Q4/V8N4.pdf

This newsletter has Derek Nichols being associated with giving lessons through the uniting church at Bold St. Laurieton. The lectures/discussion are held at a hall at Dunbogan. Taking your lead puggle and looking for the connection between BS and DN. BS had his business at Bold St Laurieton.
Sorry the lectures are not through the uniting church but the university of the 3rd age.

This has always been a niggling thought in the back of my mind too.

I've wondered it too. From what I have read about William's case he doesn't seem to be a little boy who had a history of running off or away. Would he run away on his own when he was very close to his sister? I don't know. Very sadly the police seem to have some kind of information that he was taken but they don't have all the info they need yet. Hopefully someone will crack and give up what they know it might require undercover work though like Daniel Morcombe's tragic case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member