Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as how biological parents aren't supposed to know anything about foster parents, how would it work that you could Skype with your kid while in their care? I don't know how foster care works but I was under the impression you were cut off from your children if they ended up in foster care.

KT was having access visits. At least her public FB page gave evidence of that occurring.

Seeing as how biological parents aren't supposed to know anything about foster parents, how would it work that you could Skype with your kid while in their care? I don't know how foster care works but I was under the impression you were cut off from your children if they ended up in foster care.

I'm not sure that 'no contact' adoptions are applied universally in NSW. Also, some children are reunited with their parents after a period of foster care and/or are adopted by their extended family members.

Technically Skype is a specific service that can make video calls and not an all-encompassing term for any video call. You probably know that, just making sure we're on the same page.

Yes, now I'm off to 'Hoover' my carpet.

Interesting, do you remember when the most recent visit was?
Not sure. I didn't get the impression it was too long before WT went missing. Do you remember how the first pic released had a little bruise on his face and she jumped into the FB conversation insinuating it meant he was abused but she set the story straight saying it was because of something that happened at preschool? She was definitely still up-to-date with WT and his life (same goes for his sister).

I've always had the feeling - and its just MOO - that KT had nothing to do with those kids being in care, nothing to do with his disappearance, and her apparent lack of 'care' is a combination of her own relative youth, having a new and intact family to care for, having not had custody for a quite long time, and some limitations based on FACS rules or other reasons. Plus we don't know what she says in private even though she puts a lot out there publicly.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Not sure. I didn't get the impression it was too long before WT went missing. Do you remember how the first pic released had a little bruise on his face and she jumped into the FB conversation insinuating it meant he was abused but she set the story straight saying it was because of something that happened at preschool? She was definitely still up-to-date with WT and his life (same goes for his sister).

I've always had the feeling - and its just MOO - that KT had nothing to do with those kids being in care, nothing to do with his disappearance, and her apparent lack of 'care' is a combination of her own relative youth, having a new and intact family to care for, having not had custody for a quite long time, and some limitations based on FACS rules or other reasons. Plus we don't know what she says in private even though she puts a lot out there publicly.

That made it sound like she was insinuating things. I mean FB commenters were. I type so bad on my phone.

Pretty sure there are many different types of foster care. I work with a lot of kids in sport and I know of teenagers who were fostered but went back regularly for access visits and then returned to the parent. I also know of a small baby who was fostered as he was dumped, returned to his mother, and returned back to the foster parents very quickly (still there today..he must be 3 or 4 now). There are of course foster parents who are grandparents as we well we all know or other relatives, an Aunty, a Great Aunty are examples I know personally so I daresay they are likely to have quite a bit of access. I agree though there would be some cases that have no access at all as well.

I think that is a pretty accurate reflection from what I have seen as well. My impression of the image in question is that someone has taken a pic of the photo thats been put up on a fridge with a magnet. I also feel like maybe it was saved because it was possibly William taking a selfie/being curious with a camera either on a phone or a computer/tablet. He just looks like he's looking at himself. Maybe taking a photo to send to nana?

In regards to the foster/adoption scenario I believe FACS generally pushes more for in family care so that access to bio parents is easier and wherever possible returning to the bio family at a later stage. Obviously this can't be the case in every situation but i always thought this was "preferred". I have known of a couple who adopted a young child after a period of time in foster care going back and forth trying to make the bio situation work but it didn't and the mother ultimately decided adoption was best for all. Makes me think that possibly the FF are related in some way as this seems to be the most common. Especially as the bio family is quite big and extended by the looks of things, so would be multiple choices for kinship type care?? Unless they thought the threat was too great to have William with any bio family.
Just all MOO... :peace:

You mean the photo of William wearing an 'apricot' coloured t-shirt IIRC, Eloise?

Wow! 10 guests on William's thread. We must be discussing something interesting for a change. Hmm...

If KT wasn't with Williams father then you would think he would be returned to her as surely DOCS would find it preferable to have a child with its mother if it was a safe environment . The children she has gone on to have may not even be with her. Perhaps in the care of a family member ? Facebook photos can portray what you want them to. A few happy snaps of her with her children ? I don't buy it. In saying that though it's not really relevant to where William may be .

Also from an earlier report I'm putting her age at around 27/28 , so definately mature enough to know the perception she puts out there on fb.

I wonder if it is a Polaroid? If an image is printed on standard A4 office paper page it can do that. The media might have taken the red reflection off the Spiderman suit out and cleaned it up

Nice, I'm about to Bubble Wrap a Jet Ski from the comfort of a Jacuzzi.

ETA: I wonder if the Skype screenshot is actually a Xerox?

I think that is a pretty accurate reflection from what I have seen as well. My impression of the image in question is that someone has taken a pic of the photo thats been put up on a fridge with a magnet. I also feel like maybe it was saved because it was possibly William taking a selfie/being curious with a camera either on a phone or a computer/tablet. He just looks like he's looking at himself. Maybe taking a photo to send to nana?

That's what I think too. William is looking at himself, and someone is showing him how to take a selfie with a phone or welcome.

Also from an earlier report I'm putting her age at around 27/28 , so definately mature enough to know the perception she puts out there on fb.

Yes, HB, but I'm sure we all know someone's chronological age isn't necessarily a function of their 'maturity' and vice versa.

(My mind often makes promises my body can't keep :D )

Thank you for explaining. So if KT knew the foster parents, then why the need for all the secrecy? Is it to keep William's biological father from knowing who the foster parents are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member