Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Strike Force Rosann may have missed something. Just saying, motive and MO don't necessarily have to be complicated; such as a planned abduction for a 'paedophile ring', etc.

My scenario wasn't implying anything planned, in fact I imagined it to be purely spontaneous, the opportunity just opening up before the perp, they had a brain fart, went "Oh my God, what have I done?" and dumped him. MOO

But virtually *anyone* on the street, including the FM herself, could have been watching him, without his knowledge.. any of them could have been sitting by their windows, unbeknownst to the perp. unable to be seen easily from the outside.. or anyone could have been just about to turn the corner from the side of their property, to become suddenly visible to one another, and his vehicle and possibly himself would be seen. I'm having trouble believing someone took that kind of risk upon himself (along with all of the other miraculous points). Even young Daniel Morcombe's hideous killer seemed to weigh his options and think about a plan before actually pouncing. This situation was so much different in that it was *such* a small window of opportunity, and nobody was 'visibly' around, but easily could have been watching nevertheless.
Housebreakers take that kind of risk on themselves all the time. It's a skill to pick the right moment and know what you can get away with without attracting attention, while apparently "in plain sight".

IMO there is an absence of phone pings enabling the police to firmly place this POI at any given location during the relevant time period.
I'm a UK resident, so perhaps you could tell me how long it takes to drive from Laurieton to Kendall please?

Yep. Spedding may well have been in a dodgy spot for decent mobile reception (during the relevant time period). At the time it looks as though there were quite a few areas like that.
Not Laurieton though. That looks as though it has always been adequately covered with mobile reception from the big providers.

Google says 14 min drive from Laurieton to Kendall. 11.4 km.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...609b49043a4e0!2m2!1d152.7941235!2d-31.6465444

My scenario wasn't implying anything planned, in fact I imagined it to be purely spontaneous, the opportunity just opening up before the perp, they had a brain fart, went "Oh my God, what have I done?" and dumped him. MOO

Yeah, I get that but I don't think the intention was to scare anyone, seek revenge or leave William somewhere to be found. IMO there was malintent from the time the perp clapped eyes on William and probably even before. He/she had fantasised about a boy, a young boy; and William was in the wrong place, at the wrong time. William could have been, but wasn't (to his parents, grandmothers, siblings, family, friends and us) any little boy when evil met innocence that day. It was only a matter of time, fated, written in the stars; whatever, before the perp acted. Sickens me to the core.

the family had all attented a neighbourhood christmas party one year too, so the children would have been noticed and probably spoken to

Housebreakers take that kind of risk on themselves all the time. It's a skill to pick the right moment and know what you can get away with without attracting attention, while apparently "in plain sight".

Yup, hiding in plain sight.

I always think of domestic cats and their predatory habits. They keep their cool. Until you see them and interrupt them in their 'evil' mission. Then they'll 'pretend' to be doing 'nothing of the sort', rub around your legs and purr or take off.

I walked through my shortcut last night. No worries, police station across the street, resident caretaker, neighbours clise by, not isolated. See a tall, thin young man loitering close to cars, trying hard to look like he was doing much of nothing.

Nup. Hoodie pulled up over his face on a warmish, dry night, kept his chin far enough down so I couldn't see his face, and moving from one foot to another. I know in some suburbs that's normal behaviour but not in mine.

Ignored him and kept walking, practised a few innocent baseball swings with my big, folded up brolly and promptly called the cops when I got home. That kid was up to no good 'hiding in plain sight'. Only thing is he didn't keep his cool when I walked by. No reason for him to be scared of me (on the surface anyway) so why so nervous buddy?

Some people are even brazen enough to steal from a property, whilst the neighbourhood is full of people and police searching for a lost child.

does anyone remember there was a police psychologist in early articles describing williams likely abductor,it wasnt sarah yule,
their description was interesting, they said the perp had probably fantasised about doing this for ages,
but i cant find the article?

In plain sight makes *total* sense, in any other area.. but this one.. so secluded, private, spacious, you can't mix in with anyone, or hope not to be seen.

the family had all attented a neighbourhood christmas party one year too, so the children would have been noticed and probably spoken to

That one is up for grabs too, as far as being a discrepancy in reporting.

Police searched each of the 21 houses in the estate that surrounds Benaroon Drive, the street just outside Kendall where William’s grandmother lives. They searched the houses not once, but three and four times, each time using different personnel to make sure a fresh set of eyes looked at every possible clue. Roof spaces, sub-floor spaces, wall cavities, cupboards, sheds, all were searched and searched again with methodical determination just in case someone was keeping the little boy hidden. Even the grandmother’s house was searched, top to bottom, but there was nothing. Not a scrap of clothing, not a footprint in the dirt, not an errant tyre track. Police dogs were brought in and they managed to find William’s scent, but only within the boundaries of the backyard.

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/crime/the-boy-no-one-can-find-20289

yes! thankyou!

If someone took William, it is unlikely to have been their first offence, says Dr Michael Diamond, a forensic psychiatrist and criminal profiler. “You don’t just do this sort of crime for the first time,” he says. “You would have to overcome other experiential things that confront you if you are going to do something of that magnitude. Is it somebody who has access to a child, and thought about it and not done it because their contact is too obvious, and so it has been
a rehearsed and lived-in fantasy without the terrible outcome?” Diamond asks.
https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php...bstory_index=0

I have some catching up on this thread to do but just came across this on the news: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/u...-his-nieces-for-a-decade-20160923-grmv4e.html - 65yo/Vic/caravans... it's not BS though is it? They usually name him.

I reckon it could be him, too. He was going to apply for a permanent stay in September (of the NSW charges) because the Victorian case would prejudice the NSW case if details were published.
So, it is September, the case has happened, his name was not published. Let's see what happens now about him applying for a stay in the NSW case.

Mr O'Brien argued in the age of social media publication of the details of the Victorian charges against Spedding would lead to "perverse, unusual and bizarre results".
However, he also stated to the court that Spedding would apply to have that NSW trial permanently stayed in September.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...l-spedding-will-try-to-stop-nsw-trial/7669984

ETA: Great find, Herberth!

I reckon it could be him, too. He was going to apply for a permanent stay in September (of the NSW charges) because the Victorian case would prejudice the NSW case if details were published.
So, it is September, the case has happened, his name was not published. Let's see what happens now about him applying for a stay in the NSW case.

Mr O'Brien argued in the age of social media publication of the details of the Victorian charges against Spedding would lead to "perverse, unusual and bizarre results".
However, he also stated to the court that Spedding would apply to have that NSW trial permanently stayed in September.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...l-spedding-will-try-to-stop-nsw-trial/7669984

It says neices in the article. Might be his brother or another brother-in law to his former wife, or a brother, brother-in-law of his current wife. MOO

Would still be in keeping with the charges he is facing, good chance the case is related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB