Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will have to search for a link but from memory was sure it was reported that no one could verify this. Seems such a long time ago. Also the coffe shop story, didn't the worker say she had no recollection of him being there when he said he was ?

"The friend said Mr Spedding then went to go meet his wife for coffee at Buzz Cafe, 140m away from his office on the opposite side of the street. Cafe manager Lisa, who did not wish to give her last name, said she recognised Mr Spedding and his wife but said they hadn't come into the cafe 'in a while'.

She told Daily Mail Australia that police had come into the cafe to ask if she recalled seeing Mr Spedding on September 12. 'I've seen him before but I can't remember that specific day,' she told Daily Mail Australia.

The friend said Mr Spedding and his wife then walked across the road to Laurieton Public School to attend a presentation for their grandson.

He told Daily Mail Australia Mr Spedding said he had also attended the presentation with a family friend who was taking photos.
Mr Spedding has asked her to review her pictures to see if he is in any of them, the friend said. On September 12, following the presentation, Mr Spedding went to a job in nearby Dunbogan before ringing William's grandmother again.

A spokesman for Laurieton Public School said he had spoken to police, but declined to comment further."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-nervous-breakdown-thanks-family-support.html

Colin said Mr Spedding had visited William's grandmother's house on Monday, September 8, but needed to order a part, which arrived on Thursday September 11.

He said that, when Mr Spedding got in touch with the family on Friday, the day that William went missing, he initially couldn't get a hold of the grandmother.

"He's rung them again because he couldn't get them in the morning," Colin said.

"Then [William's] mother answered it and said, 'Oh I'm afraid, look I'm afraid you can't come and do it at the moment - we will give you a call when we can.' "

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-h...iam-tyrell-investigation-20150121-12v4n3.html

Police seized a mattress and a computer among other items in the search of Mr Spedding's home, pawnbroker business and unit in the nearby town of Laurieton this week.

The items will go through forensic examination.

Police tape was removed from Mr Spedding's home on Thursday.

Mr Spedding has been staying in Port Macquarie, even though police have cleared the way for him and his family to return to their property.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-s...f-toddler-william-tyrell-20150123-12wpef.html

I won't post the links to the spiderman figure in his van, the sighting of his van among police vehicles on Benaroon Drive, him driving past the police forest search, his cleared call log, her grandchildren being removed from his home, the search warrants that were obviously granted due to there being good cause to search his home/office/vehicles, etc etc .... but the links are still all out there. I have just viewed them.

We might be better to pay heed to who exactly is a named (uncleared, up on other pedo charges) suspect in this crime, instead of trying to point fingers at a kind, lovely family that took William and his sister in, gave them love, security, happiness ... when times with their birth parents proved to be too terrible for them to remain there.

IMO JMO MOO

"Colin said."

Which is the extent of what we know. Just third-party hear-say.

The gaps have been filled in and permeated by the media, not accurate statements or timelines from police.

Tracy Grimshaw and Rupert Murdoch love a good pedo story. They do nothing for accurate reporting that might jog someones memory.

Which is the extent of what we know. Just third-party hear-say.

The gaps have been filled in and permeated by the media, not accurate statements or timelines from police.

Tracy Grimshaw and Rupert Murdoch love a good pedo story. They do nothing for accurate reporting that might jog someones memory.

And that may be your opinion.

Spedding has been named as a suspect/POI by police. A big measure.
The families have been cleared by police. Another big measure.

William Tyrrell person of interest Bill Spedding 'had links to paedophile ring', police allege.
Police expect to charge a man questioned over the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell with involvement in a paedophile ring and a number of further child sex offences interstate, according to court documents.

Emma Partridge
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...phile-ring-police-allege-20150423-1mrvj7.html

And that may be your opinion.

No it's a fact that the reporting is poor and the quality of information seems to be languished.

Spedding has been named as a suspect by police. A big measure.
The families have been cleared by police. Another big measure.

I'm not disagreeing that BS is likely a horrendous person.

And his vicinity IS suspect.

But there has been no arrest, and it seems he has sucked up a disproportionate amount of attention. Lazy reporting.

No it's a fact that the reporting is poor and the quality of information seems to be languished.

I'm not disagreeing that BS is likely a horrendous person.

And his vicinity IS suspect.

But there has been no arrest, and it seems he has sucked up a disproportionate amount of attention. Lazy reporting.
Spedding has NOT been named as a suspect. He has been named as a POI - there is a difference.

Spedding has NOT been named as a suspect. He has been named as a POI - there is a difference.

True, I didn't specifically say POI or suspect in that sense. But I agree with you.

But on that note, there are 600 POI....

600!!!

And not one of those 600 POIs (though I am sure they have whittled that number down a great deal by now) are his parents ... bio or foster.

And not one of those 600 POIs (though I am sure they have whittled that number down a great deal by now) are his parents ... bio or foster.

How do you know this? Police are not always forthcoming with providing the public and MSM as to what leads they are following.

Police seized a mattress and a computer among other items in the search of Mr Spedding's home, pawnbroker business and unit in the nearby town of Laurieton this week.

The items will go through forensic examination.

Police tape was removed from Mr Spedding's home on Thursday.

Mr Spedding has been staying in Port Macquarie, even though police have cleared the way for him and his family to return to their property.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-s...f-toddler-william-tyrell-20150123-12wpef.html

I won't post the links to the spiderman figure in his van, the sighting of his van among police vehicles on Benaroon Drive, him driving past the police forest search, his cleared call log, her grandchildren being removed from his home, the search warrants that were obviously granted due to there being good cause to search his home/office/vehicles, etc etc .... but the links are still all out there. I have just viewed them.

We might be better to pay heed to who exactly is a named (uncleared, up on other pedo charges) suspect in this crime, instead of trying to point fingers at a kind, lovely family that took William and his sister in, gave them love, security, happiness ... when times with their birth parents proved to be too terrible for them to remain there.

IMO JMO MOO

Police have repeatedly and strongly proclaimed that BS is not a suspect, and that, at the very most, he is a POI, along with 700 other POIs in their sights in this case. Perhaps it may be time to open up the investigation to allow tips from the public in regard to those who were actually WITH the missing boy at the time of his disappearance. That entire piece has been allowed to slip through the cracks in this case. A one million dollar reward was offered a year ago. No takers yet. The public still does not know the names, faces, or even the neighbourhood from where WT resided and travelled from on the night prior to his disappearance. If there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to hide - and nothing to find - so it should not be such a scary thought to allow this transparency which is evident in every other missing child/murdered child case. If there was evidence that BS committed the abduction (and there would be evidence if he had, especially with SDJ being the lead investigator on this case), police would have made an arrest by now, because they have pursued him with a vengeance, media has been on him for 3 years now, etc. To me, BS is the 'distraction'. Moo, as always.

Why push for a Coronial Inquest?

Reports were forwarded to the Coroner in Jan 2015, and the Coroner is being informed of the investigation. Don't you think they would be the best people to know when an Inquest is required?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...l/news-story/33ee25ca733a981ec54c7a091d1a7cb2

The NSW Coroner will hold an inquest into the suspected death of missing three-year-old William Tyrrell, who disappeared from his grandmother’s home on the state’s mid-north coast in September 2014.

An exchange of correspond*ence, seen by The Australian, confirms that “an inquest will proceed in William’s case” after it was referred to Coroner Michael Barnes for consideration in Jan*uary 2015. The letters, which represent the first time such a commitment has been made public, caution that any such inquiry* will take place only after the current police investigation, which has identified hundreds of “persons of interest”, is complete.

Over 11 thousand people seem to feel there is a reason to push for a Coronial Inquest in this case. Who am I to argue? Perhaps these people wanted it sooner, rather than later. The more time that goes on, the less chance of recovering perhaps crucial evidence.

IMO this isn't uncommon and I'd be surprised if the police were suspicious.

Remembering details after the fact, of what happened slightly earlier in the day, wouldn't be uncommon. Esp after frantic days. Once your mind relaxes slightly so does your ability to recall things.

It is also common knowledge that once a thought or idea is planted, it tends to skew memories, and potentially alter versions of stories.

Will have to search for a link but from memory was sure it was reported that no one could verify this. Seems such a long time ago. Also the coffe shop story, didn't the worker say she had no recollection of him being there when he said he was ?

The only links that are searchable are links to MSM. MSM is not going to be privy to all of the statements made to police in an investigation, other than what people have told them. The school representatives refused to give MSM the time of day, and we are not privy to who the woman was who was taking photos at the school function. There could have been many taking photos at the school function, one or some who may have even inadvertently caught BS on their cameras. Not everyone calls up the media to announce what they know for public consumption.

ok, thats right, so she must have had a reasonable relationship with the fps to step forward at the time with an explanation for the bruise which happened while he was in foster care, he does look so loved and happy in all his photos

I agree that KT had to have had a reasonable relationship with the FFamily. And vice versa. I can now see this whole situation becoming very awkward because it seems that *someone* (who could that be? this person obviously does not wish to be quoted!) is feeding the media with derogatory statements about the bio family, now that it has been disclosed that WT was in foster care.

For some reason, someone is thinking the media should focus on the whys and wherefores of WT being taken into care in the first place, the suitability of the parents and their immediate family to raise children, rather than focusing on the fact that the little boy disappeared into thin air some 2.5 years *after* that. I would think that type of thing may not be met all that favourably by KT, so will this alter the relationship? Will she lash back? Time will tell.

To me, KT is an innocent victim in this case, which is about her son who mysteriously disappeared a few hours after leaving the city where all of them resided, with someone who was entrusted with his care. She is not someone whose shortcomings should be blasted all over the news, as if she is guilty of something. Has she not been hurt enough through all of this?

The point of disclosing WT's foster status was not to attack the biological parents, and give the public a bad perception about them, but to inform the public that they have been led astray in this case, by police, by MSM, by FACS, and to set the facts straight... give the public an opportunity to know what is happening with their government agencies that they pay for... allow them to ask questions if something doesn't seem right.

Let's not forget that there are unnamed suspects in William's case and that they are being secretly watched, according to the lead investigator..

'SUSPECTS in the abduction of William Tyrrell are being secretly watched away from the public glare of the country’s most baffling missing persons case.

The man leading the hunt for little William, Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, said there had been a lot of activity play out in public — but there was much more happening behind the scenes.

“We’re doing a lot of things that don’t hit the public’s attention and go just as hard on people. As I sit here, we’re doing covert investigative strategies on a number of people,” Det Insp Jubelin told Tracy Grimshaw on A Current Affair.'

William Tyrrell suspects are being closely watched
SEPTEMBER 13, 20161:17PM
Andrew Koubaridis
news.com.au
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...d/news-story/4239f71c950a75f1305457c9e62ca43a

DI Jubelin won't 'show his hand' publicly until arrest(s) have been made, charges laid and, if at all humanly possible, William is found (or, in the worst case scenario, his remains are located).

I appreciate that the public are eager to see the mystery of William's disappearance solved (I must admit, I am too) but we need to make peace with the fact that the wheels of justice can sometimes turn what seems to be excruciatingly slowly.

What we also need to keep uppermost in our minds is that it is essential when William's case is eventually heard in a court of law, there is as close to zero chance as is possible that the person, or persons, responsible for his disappearance will be found not guilty — especially if their crimes are not only those of William's kidnapping but of his murder.

I agree that KT had to have had a reasonable relationship with the FFamily. And vice versa. I can now see this whole situation becoming very awkward because it seems that *someone* (who could that be? this person obviously does not wish to be quoted!) is feeding the media with derogatory statements about the bio family, now that it has been disclosed that WT was in foster care.

For some reason, someone is thinking the media should focus on the whys and wherefores of WT being taken into care in the first place, the suitability of the parents and their immediate family to raise children, rather than focusing on the fact that the little boy disappeared into thin air some 2.5 years *after* that. I would think that type of thing may not be met all that favourably by KT, so will this alter the relationship? Will she lash back? Time will tell.

To me, KT is an innocent victim in this case, which is about her son who mysteriously disappeared a few hours after leaving the city where all of them resided, with someone who was entrusted with his care. She is not someone whose shortcomings should be blasted all over the news, as if she is guilty of something. Has she not been hurt enough through all of this?

The point of disclosing WT's foster status was not to attack the biological parents, and give the public a bad perception about them, but to inform the public that they have been led astray in this case, by police, by MSM, by FACS, and to set the facts straight... give the public an opportunity to know what is happening with their government agencies that they pay for... allow them to ask questions if something doesn't seem right.

Amen to this. In the words of the Bard, 'The lady doth protest too much, methinks!' My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the information about William's biological parents, and the circumstances surrounding his being taken into foster care, is not being fed to MSM, particularly The Daily Mail Australia, by anyone other than William's biological grandmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member